30 Day Shred Group- August

Options

Replies

• erinoldham19
    Options
    my opinon is to do PT first to loosen up the muscles ij your knees before dong 30ds but i could be totally wrong.. ask the therapist..
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first day and wow, I am a lot more weak than I thought I was! I'm using 5lb weights which might be part of the problem, but I really want to build that muscle!

Is anyone using a HRM? I forgot to put mine on today. I'm curious to find out how many calories are burned during this.
  • April5785
    April5785 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i'm in...tried it about a year ago and couldn't make it through it...hoping to now!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    morning everyone.. day one for most of us.. can't wait for everyone in my house to get up and out of my way so i can try it out.. are we going to stay on this thread to keep track of each other or will there be another? i dont want to loose contact with everyone and want to see how everyone is doing..

for everyone who did measurements... did you do them yourself or have someone do them for you? i can have my husband do them before i start today but i'm a bit embarrassed.. i also have to find a way to take pictures too :( thats the worst part..

anyhow...good luck today everyone!

I kind of like the idea of the month-long thread. My first round of 30DS, there were a bunch of people at the begining and then they all dropped like flies. It was only me and 2 others by the end. I need all the support I can get! :tongue:
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just did a 3 mile run followed by level 1. It felt really good and a lot easier doing it when I am really warmed up :) Am starting to train for a half marathon doing 3 runs a week but will keep doing shred twice a week for strength training. I will post when I do level 2!
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm in! Just ordered the dvd yesterday, but can get level one from on demand. Just about to do it for today. I just finished ripped in 30, I only finished because of a similiar thread like this. Thanks everyone, this will help keep me motivated and accountable. Let's do it!!! :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first day and wow, I am a lot more weak than I thought I was! I'm using 5lb weights which might be part of the problem, but I really want to build that muscle!

Is anyone using a HRM? I forgot to put mine on today. I'm curious to find out how many calories are burned during this.

About 300-330 calories for me. But I think the more overweight you are the more you burn. Because I've seen a lot of ppl more fit than me losing about 100-200
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1..omg what a workout!! really looking forward to seeing my body in 30 days :)
  • danie2010dw
    danie2010dw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    id like to join
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started it this morning! :) Good luck everyone!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options

About 300-330 calories for me. But I think the more overweight you are the more you burn. Because I've seen a lot of ppl more fit than me losing about 100-200

I burnt 252, the same amount that was given for "circuit training, generally" under exercise here.
  • jillyo89
    jillyo89 Posts: 19
    Options
    I just got back from Walmart with my copy of the dvd!!!! I'm so excited to do this! I usually do the elliptical for an hour but I think this will be fun to mix it up!
  • pjm1806
    pjm1806 Posts: 41
    Options
    Just did th first day. It hard but not terribly hard as some ppl say. I like how it's put in little segments.

Also I need to buy hrm.

Didn't sweat thru the workout but am now afterwards. And I also did it outside in the shade. It's 92 out here in ny.

Will get measuring tape to check I out.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to stop in and encourage everyone here.... I'm on day 21 of the 30 DS, only 9 to go! One thing's for sure, if you stick with it and push yourselves, you WILL see results! I've lost several inches from my bust and my hips! I've also dropped from 25% body fat to 18.5%! I have FAR more energy now than I did when I started this journey! You can do it too! ...and honestly, I did TWO levels back to back several days ago just for "fun"! There's NO WAY I would have done that several weeks ago!

Go Shredders!

By the way, DON'T give up those first few days because you're sore. YOU WILL BE! Push through it and by day 4-5 that pain will be history. You can do this!
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Oh man, just completed my first day and I am more sore than I thought imaginable! Will definitely take some time to build up more stamina but I am happy that I completed it~
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    This is a great idea, well done to all of those who have finished their first day! I finished day 1 (level 1) about an hour ago, wow it was great! During I felt like i wanted to DIE, but afterwards I was very proud of myself and I'm actually just about to go and run on the elliptical for 20 minutes... Big mistake? We shall see haha. Then its a nice hot bath for me, I can tell those muscles are gunna be sore tomorrow :)
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do it when I get home from work. I'm so excited!! I really need to lose some inches, especially around my hips and thighs. I took my measurements over the weekend, but my camera was messing up, so didn't get pics. But the tape measure should tell the tale :wink:
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    I just wanted to stop in and encourage everyone here.... I'm on day 21 of the 30 DS, only 9 to go! One thing's for sure, if you stick with it and push yourselves, you WILL see results! I've lost several inches from my bust and my hips! I've also dropped from 25% body fat to 18.5%! I have FAR more energy now than I did when I started this journey! You can do it too! ...and honestly, I did TWO levels back to back several days ago just for "fun"! There's NO WAY I would have done that several weeks ago!

Go Shredders!

By the way, DON'T give up those first few days because you're sore. YOU WILL BE! Push through it and by day 4-5 that pain will be history. You can do this!

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did it about a year and a half ago and it really helped shrink that weird armpit fat. I'm interested to see what results I get now that I've made it through Insanity, P90x and a 5k!
  • mmlovers90
    Options
    I just finished day one. Wow did I get my butt kicked!!! I can't believe how much I sweated! At first my kids were laughing saying how easy it was but when I asked them to join me, they dropped like flies! LOL! I took measurements and I am going to take some pictures as soon as I can figure out what to wear! I can't imagine how I am going to feel tomorrow! :noway: