cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    5 mile recovery run

exercise.png

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @PastorVincent dude are donuts going to be the hot dogs of autumn? What will be Octobers' contraversial food stuff?! I say candy corn volunteers as tribute :D

Hmm, well how do they taste with ketchup?
    This morning I had a stand off with a black bear a fair ways up the road from me on the edge of town. Thankfully, as I pulled my spray and was trying to figure how much closer he'd get before I'd attempt yelling fire and bolting for the acreage a half kilometre the other direction, he made an irritated groan sound at me and trotted back into the bush.

....Errr yeah, you better run Yogi :D

I suspect the bear could have caught you in 500m. Good thing you at least had your spray. Hopefully, it would have worked, thankfully you did not need it!!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent dude are donuts going to be the hot dogs of autumn? What will be Octobers' contraversial food stuff?! I say candy corn volunteers as tribute :D

Hmm, well how do they taste with ketchup?
    This morning I had a stand off with a black bear a fair ways up the road from me on the edge of town. Thankfully, as I pulled my spray and was trying to figure how much closer he'd get before I'd attempt yelling fire and bolting for the acreage a half kilometre the other direction, he made an irritated groan sound at me and trotted back into the bush.

....Errr yeah, you better run Yogi :D

I suspect the bear could have caught you in 500m. Good thing you at least had your spray. Hopefully, it would have worked, thankfully you did not need it!!

A black bear would definitely outrun me on 500m, but I would still go down swinging. Never say die and whatnot ;)
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts! A topic close to my heart. Or at least close to my belly.

I am actually partial to QuikTrip doughnuts, specifically the Bavarian (filled with vanilla pastry cream and frosted with chocolate) and apple fritters. My daughter likes Krispy Kreme cinnamon sugar yeast doughnuts. Dunkin isn't local to us.
  • Dcorrick
    Dcorrick Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Still doing post-hurricane cleanup: yard work, and cleaning the boat that was in the flood. I also walked several miles, which I don't count in my running tally. I'll probably still make my monthly target, but it's not the focus it was two weeks ago. Right now, I watch the river gauge at the St. Johns River bridge every hour to see what the water level is. Probably another two weeks before the flood waters recede, and we can work on the house and assess damage.

On the running side, I ran my favorite beach on Saturday, barefoot at dawn. Yeah, I hurt my feet, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Most of my runs are repetitive runs through my suburban residential hellscape, so this gave me back some beauty. The hurricane reshaped the beach, so it wasn't as necessary that I run at absolute low tide, which would have been noon on a hot day. I actively decided that returning to bed on Sunday was better than running, but I did my scheduled long run before work this morning instead. Walked a mile or more on the beach both weekend days, which isn't in the tally. Also good for the soul.

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    YUM
    psbinc34akra.png
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    YUM
    psbinc34akra.png

that (whatever that horror is) bears a remarkable resemblance to black pudding. That's not a mistake you make twice.

Having said that, black pudding might go with ketchup.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ LOL! Running with eggs almost as dangerous as running with scissors. Great news about your knee!
    What do you mean you have never eaten a donut before last summer?

@ereck44 I had the same mental Picture of our friend @_nikkiwolf doing the balance and juggle, eggs, a plate and a potted plate. :D
    Since Nikkiwolf is from Europe and the Pastries they have make most of our North American Donuts - Pastries look/taste like the product their shops would discard - donate to a shelter or a trash bin at the end of a week. Being we are such an international group I find that I have to think about the other person's cultural-social experience when ever a topic comes up. Even the differences within a country can be substantial. Newfoundland on the east coast, Quebec, Alberta - all very different culturally.
    Most of the Franchised ( Dunkins, Krispy, Tims etc ) have to adhere to such a standard product that the quality is not as good as a standalone pastry shop.

As some one who also does Multi-Day Back-Packing trips I remember having what our group thought was an outstanding meal ( KD Mac & Cheese with Smoked Sausages + salad - Hangry Hunger shoe leather would taste good ) and when duplicated at home :( . That's why Beaver tails and Hot Chocolate from a wood fired stove along an outdoor skating canal are such a winter taste treat.

After the adventures of Saturday I could hardly walk yesterday, A tad stiff and sore, in the good way.

@JessicaMcB The joy of N AB Running, Bears. Definitely did the right thing by standing strong and stare them down. As soon as you turn and run you become prey and then their instinct kicks in and they will definitely chase you. I would still rather have a bear standoff than a dog since dogs are usually in packs and they are less predictable. 20 min 5k?? Rippin it.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I just survived a weekend full of house guests. I allowed my running to take a back seat to playing the gracious host this weekend. I ran very little, but somehow I am more exhausted than I have ever been on a Monday morning. House guests are tough work!

I have only had time to page through the 100+ posts, but I did manage to catch that @JessicaMcB is a beast and @_nikkiwolf_ is the world's most inventive runner. Of course, I already knew these things, but an 80K training run? And running with eggs and a potted plant? Who does these things besides you guys???

Also saw that @MobyCarp bit the bullet and registered for Boston. I knew you would do it. Today is my registration day and I am going to bite the bullet too. Mostly because my husband wants to go back and that makes me feel really good to know that he enjoyed it as much as I did. Of course, my odds of actually getting in this year are still pretty slim, so I will just have to wait and see. And then I maybe I might have that spark of motivation I have been looking for to get my butt back in gear.

@rusgolden and @ctlaws44 -Congrats on the awesome PRs! Impressive runs for both of you.

And on the topic of donuts. I haven't had one in years since I have been gluten free, but I can't really say that I miss them. Meh, I could take them or leave them.
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thankful that my morning run was in my neighborhood. The salad I had last night did not agree with my stomach and 1.75 miles into the run, I had to make a pit stop at home. Thankfully, I had enough time to finish the other 2.25 miles before getting ready for work.

Work related travel starts today, but I hope I have time to log in everyday this week to keep up!

09/11/2017 - 4.0 miles
    09/16/2017 - 7.0 miles
    09/17/2017 - 3.0 miles
    06/18/2017 - 4.0 miles

18/72 miles
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    September 3- 4.3 miles total 4.3
    September 6- 1.4 miles total 5.7
    September 14- 1.5 miles total 7.2
    September 18- 2.1 miles total 9.3

In for a 50 mile goal
    Doing bridge to 10k
    Goal race November 18 Annapolis Running Fest

• PastorVincent
    Options
    I only run on the treadmill hopefully thats ok.
    Saturday i ran 5miles
    Sunday i ran 3miles

Running on a dreadmill counts towards your challenge goal, and training - but I would be hard-pressed to call it "ok" - ugh really dislike the dreadmill! :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    ran my second marathon yesterday, ok mostly walked it, we were going at my friends pace, she is slower, and was getting over bronchitis, so we finished in 7 hours, but we finished, and I'm so proud of her for pushing through. I am super sore today, after the marathon I wet to a suicide prevention walk, I only did 1 of the 3 miles there, but we had to park a ways away, then walking around the park looking for my team and registering, i walked quite a bit, I was feeling good, but after I got home and relaxed my knee started to give out, and this morning I could hardly walk, but Im doing ok now, thank god, because I have to work today.

9/4- 13.2 miles
    9/7-2.1 miles
    9/10-6 miles
    9/13-2.5 miles
    9/17-26.2 miles

total-50 miles

You are an awesome friend to walk SEVEN HOURS just to support her goal. Pat yourself on the back and eat some goodies today. You deserve it!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    YUM

that (whatever that horror is) bears a remarkable resemblance to black pudding. That's not a mistake you make twice.

Having said that, black pudding might go with ketchup.

This a better picture?
    voh1upcxq3pl.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @girlinahat - btw that is about 4 miles of running to make up for one of those! :smiley:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 – 6 miles
    9/2 – rest day XC meet
    9/3 – 10 miles
    9/4 - 5 miles
    9/5 - rest day
    9/6 - 7 miles
    9/7 - 3 miles
    9/8 - 5 miles
    9/9 - rest day XC meet
    9/10 - 3 miles
    9/11 - 9.11 miles - Never Forget
    9/12 - nothing yet maybe rest day
    9/13 - 6 miles
    9/14 - 6 miles
    9/15 – 5 miles
    9/16 – rest day XC meet
    9/17 – rest day with 5 miles of walking – my friend is in town and we walked through the Botanical Garden and Bridgestreet taking senior pictures of Skip
    9/18 – 7 miles

72 of 100 miles

exercise.png

@HonuNui thank you she was feeling fine after eating and getting some electrolytes back in her. She has a meet tomorrow and send went out the door this morning to school with a 20 oz water bottle with water with electrolyte tablets in it. Awesome turtle picture! Love it.

@amymoreorless great pictures! Husbands are like kids, you need to wear them down from time to time :wink:

@cburke8909 What an great walk to support Cancer, I’m sorry your Dad was ill, but sounds like he is doing good now and that is awesome.

@sarahthes congrats on finishing B210K

@cameronhell super PR congrats on the AG win.

@_TMac_ I hope your daughter is feeling better

@ctlaws44 super job on the HM and PR!!

@NikolaosKey great picture

@rusgolden super job on the 10K – nice PR

@_nikkiwolf_ if you don’t like donuts you had the wrong donuts .. that’s sad

Congrats @mobycarp on the Boston acceptance

@angmarie28 great job getting marathon number 2 under your belt