Halfway to goal - my story with a lot of photos

Options
I've wanted to post my progress photos for a little while now, but I was always too nervous. Now that I'm halfway to my goal weight and I can definitely see the difference in my body, I feel that some feedback will give me just the push that I need to reach my goal. :)

I've always been muscular, and was really involved with track and field/running in high school. In the 10th grade, I tore all the ligaments in my right ankle and broke pieces of my ankle bone off. I had surgery to repair the ligaments and remove the bone fragment and was advised not to do track anymore. After that, I did what I could to stay active, but I gained a bit of weight and curves. My husband and I got married shortly after high school and I put on a few more pounds of newlywed weight. I fluctuated between 155 and 165 pounds.

Photo350-2.jpg

Fast forward to a few years ago when I got pregnant. With that came morning sickness, (which was all day sickness, actually) and it stuck for my entire pregnancy. I lost around 20lbs in the first trimester because I was so sick and couldn't keep anything down.
I finally put on some weight in the third trimester and I ended my pregnancy weighing around 175lbs. Aside from my massive belly, I felt so tiny. I was the thinnest that I'd been since high school.

Pregnancy-1.jpg

After I had my son, (and I could finally eat again without being sick) I quickly put the weight I'd lost back on and then some. I stopped weighing myself when I was 185lbs, but I'm pretty sure that I made it up to 195lbs or so.

Girlsnight-2.jpg

My wake-up call came when I saw our family pictures that were taken in October 2010. Though the photos were absolutely beautiful, I didn't recognize the woman who was holding my baby, and standing next to my husband. I looked at the photos and saw an overweight, unhealthy woman and it shocked me. How could I let myself get that big?!

2010-10-Blincsession-1-1.jpg

It was then that I decided to turn things around. I lost 5-10lbs, (again, I wasn't sure how much I weighed at my heaviest) before I discovered MFP in March. Here are my March 2011 and July 2011 photos to compare:

weightloss7.jpg

I'm down about 25lbs pounds since I started this journey to get back to a healthy weight, and 17lbs since I started with MFP. I feel SO much better about myself and for the first time in the long time, I feel proud of my body instead of feeling ashamed of it.

July2011017-1.jpg

As of this morning, I weigh 166lbs and my goal weight is 150lbs. I'm sure that once I'm there, I'll reassess and decide to keep going. :)
Thank you (especially to my MFP friends) for your support and encouragement. I definitely wouldn't have been able to do this without you! I'm looking forward to the 2nd half of this journey and posting pics again when I'm at my goal weight!

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You are doing SO SO great! Keep up the AWESOME WORK! :wink:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    That's what happened to me both times. I was extremely sick with both pregnancies and couldn't even hold water down. I can totally relate.. all too well. You have done a great job!! Keep up the excellent work you've done! [=
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    awesome!! you look great and your son is adorable!!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress -- looks like your little guy is about the age when he needs a fit mom to keep up with him on his toddler adventures! :)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    You are doing SO SO great! Keep up the AWESOME WORK! :wink:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • nomnomgal
    Options
    Awesome job, keep it up!
  • gingermelv
    Options
    You look fantastic - I have exactly the same story as you. Keep up the good work x
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    Great story! Good job! Keep up the good work and + attitude!!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Keep up the fabulous work! See you soon I'm sure at your goal weight :)
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    Thank you all!! This is why I love this site so much! Your encouragement and support mean the world to me! :heart:
  • ms_magiana
    Options
    Brittany- you are rockin! Way to go, what a great feeling!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The pictures of you in the green top are lovely. Such a good figure! Good luck with the final stretch to the finish line, wherever it may be :)
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    The pictures of you in the green top are lovely. Such a good figure! Good luck with the final stretch to the finish line, wherever it may be :)

Thank you!! :flowerforyou:
  • emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    amazing story, congratulations on being so dedicated and coming so far on your journey. good luck with its continuation, u look amazing
  • action0099
    action0099 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and inspiring. I have gone through the same thing...except I didn't have a baby. I gained about 40 pounds my senior year of college...

I lost 15 pounds through going to the doctor and being prescribed pills (which make me irritable and unable to sleep).

THEN I discovered My Fitness Pal and have lost 8 pounds the healthy way!

Keep it up, you look GREAT!
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!! Keep up the good work.
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    amazing story, congratulations on being so dedicated and coming so far on your journey. good luck with its continuation, u look amazing

Thank you!!
  • dmoon41
    dmoon41 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great. Good work!
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    Wow, you look great. Good work!

Thank you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!