Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Luke turning to the dark side would also defeat the original three movies. But since Disney is rebooting Star Wars anyways....

Actually I would love to see Luke fight. Also, I wonder what they are going to do about Leia?

Reincarnate her as a porg.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Luke is waiting for the chosen to find him, which is why he is hiding, so not just anyone could find him, only one chosen by destiny...

Otherwise he would have destroyed Snoke himself, which he can not, because... He's not the chosen one.

Just like how Yoda couldn't defeat Sidious, he wasn't the chosen one...

Kylo must be under the belief that Snoke and he can somehow bring back Vadar...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Actually Luke has "given up" on the Jedi and will refuse to teach Rey, at least at first. He is still a threat to Snoke which is why Snoke wants to find him, as he is the last Jedi.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Actually Luke has "given up" on the Jedi and will refuse to teach Rey, at least at first. He is still a threat to Snoke which is why Snoke wants to find him, as he is the last Jedi.

1- Luke "giving up" just doesn't make sense... I've never bought into the idea that Luke is hiding because he's embarrassed about what happened Kylo...

2- If he's given up, why is he at the first jedi temple

Also Snoke doesn't care about finding Luke, he simply wanted the map destroyed, Snoke knows Luke is waiting for the chosen one who will destroy him

Interesting theory but I wouldn't write it...
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

1- Luke "giving up" just doesn't make sense... I've never bought into the idea that Luke is hiding because he's embarrassed about what happened Kylo...

Also Snoke doesn't care about finding Luke, he simply wanted the map destroyed, Snoke knows Luke is waiting for the chosen one who will destroy him

Luke gave up because ben solo went crazy and killed all the apprentaces in a betrayal that no one saw coming after he found out vader was his grandpa.

The regret and the guilt of that incident is why he gave up.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Luke gave up because ben solo went crazy and killed all the apprentaces in a betrayal that no one saw coming after he found out vader was his grandpa.

Sorry Cap but I respectfully disagree, that would just make him to weak a hero...

After 30yrs, I doubt Luke is hiding or has given up... Not his style.

I wouldn't tarnish Luke as a character by writing that script, nor would I appreciate it... He's not after Snoke right now because he knows he's not the chosen one and can't defeat him.

If he dies then there's no one to teach the chosen one...

It's possible that once he sees Rey, he will at first be reluctant to train her because of the burden but I think she changes his mind
  • captainfantastic94
    Options

Sorry Cap but I respectfully disagree, that would just make him to weak a hero...

I wouldn't tarnish Luke as a character by writing that script, nor would I appreciate it... He's not after Snoke right now because he knows he's not the chosen one and can't defeat him.

It's possible that once he sees Rey, he will at first be reluctant to train her because of the burden but I think she changes his mind

It's actually cannon and referenced in the force awakens, as well as the actual scene partially being shown in flashback
  • cee134
    edited September 2017
    Options

Luke thinks he failed and/or the Jedi have become outdated. He will refuse to teach Rey at first. Snoke wants to hunt down the last Jedi. This movie will be the reboot of Empire in the way that the First Order will be on the offensive and have the upper hand.

That or Luke's gone crazy and is trying to teach the Porgs how to become Jedi. ;)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

It's actually cannon and referenced in the force awakens, as well as the actual scene partially being shown in flashback

I don't believe what Han Solo said in the script, he knows the real reason Luke is hiding, but what's he going to say... Luke's waiting for the chosen one, it has to be kept a secret.

Han Solo said it as if it was a lie... And I don't doubt Kylo massacred Luke's students but that doesn't mean Luke ran off... That just makes him look like a baby, I'm certain that's not how things will unfold

I will be super disappointed if that turns out to be true
  • TrickyRicky63
    TrickyRicky63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Where 2?
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Where 2?

When did you get back tiny rick?
  • cee134
    Options
    The L.A.N.D.O. System

Lie to friends
    Arouse the Princess
    Negotiate with Vader
    Deal gets worse...
    Obtain Han's clothing.
  • cee134
    edited September 2017
    Options

I don't believe what Han Solo said in the script, he knows the real reason Luke is hiding, but what's he going to say... Luke's waiting for the chosen one, it has to be kept a secret.

Han Solo said it as if it was a lie... And I don't doubt Kylo massacred Luke's students but that doesn't mean Luke ran off... That just makes him look like a baby, I'm certain that's not how things will unfold

Prepare to be disappointed. Look, isn't hiding on a remote planet (and there are caretakers there, FYI, not just porgs) because he is waiting for the chosen one a little counter productive. If he was waiting for the chosen one wouldn't he just rebuild the Jedi Temple as well. Why hide at all? Because it's some kind of test? That's not very logical or efficient, nor does that go with the info out there. He thinks there is a flaw with the Jedi because the Jedi have not evolved unlike the Sith.

His best friends' son/ nephew slaughtered his entire Jedi temple. What would you do after having someone you trust and love that much do something that evil? Not to mention disappointing Han and Leia.

Luke has lost faith in the Jedi ways and will not want to teach Rey when she first arrives. The first words out of his mouth will be, "who are you?". This is a fact.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

Prepare to be disappointed. Look, isn't hiding on a remote planet (and there are caretakers there, FYI, not just porgs) because he is waiting for the chosen one a little counter productive. If he was waiting for the chosen one wouldn't he just rebuild the Jedi Temple as well. Why hide at all? Because it's some kind of test? That's not very logical or efficient, nor does that go with the info out there. He thinks there is a flaw with the Jedi's because the Jedi have not evolved unlike the Sith.

His best friends' son/ nephew slaughtered his entire Jedi temple. What would you do after having someone you trust that much, do something so evil? Luke has lost faith in the Jedi ways and will not want to teach Rey when she arrives. The first words out of his mouth will be, "who are you?".

This is pretty much what I'm expecting. That and porgs with lightsabers.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    The L.A.N.D.O. System

Lie to friends
    Arouse the Princess
    Negotiate with Vader
    Deal gets worse...
    Obtain Han's clothing.

Spoilers!
  • captainfantastic94
    Options

Prepare to be disappointed. Look, isn't hiding on a remote planet (and there are caretakers there, FYI, not just porgs) because he is waiting for the chosen one a little counter productive. If he was waiting for the chosen one wouldn't he just rebuild the Jedi Temple as well. Why hide at all? Because it's some kind of test? That's not very logical or efficient, nor does that go with the info out there. He thinks there is a flaw with the Jedi because the Jedi have not evolved unlike the Sith.

His best friends' son/ nephew slaughtered his entire Jedi temple. What would you do after having someone you trust and love that much do something that evil? Not to mention disappointing Han and Leia.

Luke has lost faith in the Jedi ways and will not want to teach Rey when she first arrives. The first words out of his mouth will be, "who are you?". This is a fact.

They might be "how did you find me?"
  • cee134
    Options
    The L.A.N.D.O. System

Lie to friends
    Arouse the Princess
    Negotiate with Vader
    Deal gets worse...
    Obtain Han's clothing.

Spoilers!

If you haven't watched Empire Strikes Back by now, you should, it's a good movie.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    The L.A.N.D.O. System

Lie to friends
    Arouse the Princess
    Negotiate with Vader
    Deal gets worse...
    Obtain Han's clothing.

Spoilers!

If you haven't watched Empire Strikes Back by now, you should, it's a good movie.

I havd i was just kitten around
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    The L.A.N.D.O. System

Lie to friends
    Arouse the Princess
    Negotiate with Vader
    Deal gets worse...
    Obtain Han's clothing.

Spoilers!

I havd i was just kitten around

You know who hasn't watched Empire Strikes Back? @caco_ethes

Go ahead, ask her what a tauntaun is.