How many fitness pals meal prep??

Options

Replies

• Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you want to get more into some cool preparations of vegetables I HIGHLY recommend going on Pinterest and searching "cauliflower wings." They're so bomb

Mmm I love chili and soups! I'm excited for the cooler temps. I love meat, but I could definitely stand to try a few meals without meat. I love buffalo wings, so I'm going to have to check out the cauliflower wings. I am not a big leafy salad fan, but I love beans. There's a really good bean salad, I can't remember what it's called. But it has beans(don't remember which kind), avocado,pico de gallo, and maybe a dressing? I'm not much help, but it was sooo good. We made it for chip dipping. Thank you for the recommendations!
  • msemiliejean
    msemiliejean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    If you want to get more into some cool preparations of vegetables I HIGHLY recommend going on Pinterest and searching "cauliflower wings." They're so bomb

Mmm I love chili and soups! I'm excited for the cooler temps. I love meat, but I could definitely stand to try a few meals without meat. I love buffalo wings, so I'm going to have to check out the cauliflower wings. I am not a big leafy salad fan, but I love beans. There's a really good bean salad, I can't remember what it's called. But it has beans(don't remember which kind), avocado,pico de gallo, and maybe a dressing? I'm not much help, but it was sooo good. We made it for chip dipping. Thank you for the recommendations!

Mmm I love beans! Maybe that's why when the clock strike September I'm already thinking about fall and chill! Girl, if you love Buffalo wings I totally recommend cauliflower Buffalo wings then. I make them when I'm really feeling a cheat meal as a healthy alternative. I probably have about 15 different Buffalo Cauliflower wing recipes on my Pinterest boards. I swear Pinterest is a life saver.
  • Fitkam90
    Options

Mmm I love beans! Maybe that's why when the clock strike September I'm already thinking about fall and chill! Girl, if you love Buffalo wings I totally recommend cauliflower Buffalo wings then. I make them when I'm really feeling a cheat meal as a healthy alternative. I probably have about 15 different Buffalo Cauliflower wing recipes on my Pinterest boards. I swear Pinterest is a life saver.

September is great, all the pumpkin stuff starts coming out. I don't even like pumpkin flavored stuff that much, I just like the idea of it haha. Sounds like I really need a Pinterest!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I hate meal prepping because I hate leftovers. I cook fresh everyday.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    <---- this guy for sure. Makes his life easy.

rrfcpzaew8g1.jpg

Woah! Now that is an insanely awesome amount of meal prepping. Nice :)
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I hate meal prepping because I hate leftovers. I cook fresh everyday.

I hear ya. Whenever I cook in bulk, I immediately freeze it. Then when I reheat it in the oven or on the stove, it tastes just as delicious as the day I made it. I detest the way refrigerated leftovers taste. So nasty. Especially leftover refrigerated meats.
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    When I'm actually on my game I meal prep on Sundays and Wednesdays.
  • Nussbary
    Nussbary Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Gosh, everyone seems to be getting their veggies in except for me! I need to get with it. I've never in my life tried eggplant.

Baked broccoli will change your life! try it with parm cheese on top right out of the oven. After this, you will begin to like a lot more veggies, and use less oil/cheese. It was my gateway veggie.
  • Nussbary
    Nussbary Posts: 34 Member
    Options

rrfcpzaew8g1.jpg

Yep, me too, every Sunday but only for M-F worth of meals. Saturday is any leftovers and a treat out for dinner which helps stay on the meal plan.

rmasg210krzz.jpg
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Nussbary wrote: »

Gosh, everyone seems to be getting their veggies in except for me! I need to get with it. I've never in my life tried eggplant.

Baked broccoli will change your life! try it with parm cheese on top right out of the oven. After this, you will begin to like a lot more veggies, and use less oil/cheese. It was my gateway veggie.

Yum! Thanks, I'll have to try it :smile:
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Nussbary wrote: »

rrfcpzaew8g1.jpg

Yep, me too, every Sunday but only for M-F worth of meals. Saturday is any leftovers and a treat out for dinner which helps stay on the meal plan.

rmasg210krzz.jpg

Wow, that looks great!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I considered meal prepping, but landed on extensive meal planning instead. I like almost everything, and I'm small, so I need to plan to find room for it all. And prepping certain components - cutting, bagging, freezing, thawing and soaking. That makes my everyday cooking fast and easy. I don't like leftovers; I make an exception: soup or casserole for two dinners, that's okay once per week. Dry goods keep longer and stores cheaper. I don't use a lot of recipes - I never follow them, and if I need one, it's only for general instructions or ideas.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Never meal prepped. I never know what I'll want until it's time to cook.

I do eat leftovers most days for lunch, so I guess that's kind of a meal prep.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I meal prep for my long days at work, but I can't everyday. I like to cook and have variety.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I meal prep breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. The only thing I don't prep are the vegetable sides for dinner.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I considered meal prepping, but landed on extensive meal planning instead. I like almost everything, and I'm small, so I need to plan to find room for it all. And prepping certain components - cutting, bagging, freezing, thawing and soaking. That makes my everyday cooking fast and easy. I don't like leftovers; I make an exception: soup or casserole for two dinners, that's okay once per week. Dry goods keep longer and stores cheaper. I don't use a lot of recipes - I never follow them, and if I need one, it's only for general instructions or ideas.

Meal planning is great :)
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Never meal prepped. I never know what I'll want until it's time to cook.

I do eat leftovers most days for lunch, so I guess that's kind of a meal prep.

Leftovers is like meal prep :smile:
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I meal prep for my long days at work, but I can't everyday. I like to cook and have variety.

That's great :smile:
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    I meal prep breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. The only thing I don't prep are the vegetable sides for dinner.

If I make veggies, I always make those fresh too so they don't get soggy
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We have the routine of meal planning for the week before grocery shopping. I have just now gotten back in the habit of freezing some meals for later but I usually make big batches and eat the leftovers for lunches at work so that is kind of the same thing.