Help me, im hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• ACJones82
    ACJones82 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ACJones82 wrote: »
    Just saw your stats--congratulations on the weight loss. The last 7kg are the hardest (I know that's where I'm at too). Your logging looks good and it needs to be for the last bit. Don't give up and experiment alittle with filling foods. Be consistent.

Thank you

Had a few more sentences there that the app seems to have eaten... weird
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? 1200 cals may not be necessary

Um, not sure?

height, weight, goal weight etc....?

OOooh. 160cm tall, currently 66.8kg trying to reach 60kg (started at 90kgs)

set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week to get more cals
  • ACJones82
    Options
    What are your stats? 1200 cals may not be necessary

Um, not sure?

height, weight, goal weight etc....?

OOooh. 160cm tall, currently 66.8kg trying to reach 60kg (started at 90kgs)

set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week to get more cals

Done, thanks for the suggestion.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I find I can control my hunger for the rest of the day, including late at night, by eating eggs and cheese for breakfast. From what you describe, you are having very little fat and protein in the morning. Up that and I bet your afternoons would go better.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs to start the day too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and fruit are pretty carb-tastic. What's lunch?

Lunch varies from day to day. I really try to include veggies or salad

Protein, fiber and fat are components that are satiating......but it's a different combination for everyone.

I like oatmeal, but by itself it's never filling to me. So I make it with milk (for protein) and add a bit of (chopped nuts).

2% Greek yogurt with high fiber cereal is another filling breakfast for me.

@kommodevaran is correct. 1200 leaves zero wiggle room - no treats. Either up your daily calorie goal, or add exercise (for more calories) ......earn treats.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    High protein does it for me
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    more protein, healthy fats, low or no simple carbs.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In most cases, I think hunger is caused by inappropriate calorie intake. As you near goal weight, it is smart to slow your rate of loss to 0.5 pound/week in order to preserve lean body mass. It's worth reexamining your calorie goal and possibly updating it.

If your calorie goal is in fact appropriate for your stats, then next I would advise this:
    jopalis wrote: »
    more protein, healthy fats, low or no simple carbs.

And 25g fiber
  • ACJones82
    Options
    Everyone has such great advice and put me in research and thought mode. Probably going to be experimenting with different options for a few days until I figure out what works for me.

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate your wisdom.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    do a little reading on volumetrics to see ways to add items that will help prevent hunger in a healthy way studies prove adding high volume low calorie water rich and high fiber things like an extra serving of a vegetable, legume ,pulse or a broth based soup like vegetable soup or a minestrone can go a long way toward helping you feel satisfied while keeping the calorie count low this is eaten in addition to a healthy meal I apply this by adding a cup or more of vegetables ( onions, peppers,bean sprouts or mushrooms )to my eggs , adding a chopped half apple and 1-2 tablespoons of chia or oat bran and extra water to oatmeal. Adding a cup of soup to my lunch ( healthy soups with real vegetables like home style chicken vegetable , pumpkin soup , tomato basil ) at dinner I add a side salad or a cup of sup or make 2-3 vegetables so I am less likely to over do the grains and meat