Anyone on the Keto Diet???

Options
Hi everyone, I'm so intrigued by the results of this diet that I've just got to have a go. Just wondering if you've seen results and how much effort you put in, especially with counting your macros.
**Feel free to add me - newbie here

Replies

• carolfog2
    carolfog2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started a keto diet two weeks ago. It's sure different from what I've tried (and failed at) in the past. I'm down 3 pounds so far. I'm hoping that MFP will help me to track my macros more accurately. Sure wish they would show NET carbs, though.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do a search of the forums :smile: This question comes up multiple times a day.

Here's the MFP low carb group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been keto since March. Reached my comfortable weight goal (bit not my ultimate) right now I let myself indulge (60g/day) a little here and there for the month of September since I hit a plateau. I am going back to 20g next month hoping the change in carb cycle can restart my weight loss.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of help here. Active group. I'm keto as well. Started on July 16th this year. Been two months and I'm down 20lbs.. But I started with just low carb and did that well. Now I'm attempting a more strict keto diet.
  • gorillababyface
    gorillababyface Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definitely works I've been doing it for a few months now and I'm down 9.2. Tough in the beginning when your body switches over to fat burning mode but your cravings go away and your focus improves by leaps and bounds. I struggle with a lot of cooking and dishes but it's very worth it imo
  • KetoPhillip
    KetoPhillip Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im down 38lbs so far. Being on keto and doing intermittent fasting has giving me great results.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for a while too. I ate over my calorie goal a bit while losing. I averaged 1500 kcal over the 3-4 months that I was losing. My calories varied by a few hundred each day. I did not put a lot of effort into counting calories.

I did make sure my carbs were under 20g on most days, but that was pretty easy to do.

The LCD group linked above is a great resource. I would try it out. Good luck.
  • mareegyrl
    mareegyrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Keto this past Monday. Still trying to figure it all out while tracking my carbs, fat, & protein
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It's really easy to eat keto, and if like me you can't be bothered to be strict with the carb intake all you need to do is exercise to burn the extra carbs, do the exercise as close to feeding time as possible