Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Mine is public but since I no longer log my food I guess it does not matter
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    meh i swing both ways....depends on the week somtimes ill show mine.....other times......i like a bit of privacy
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Mine is private because I like hiding all my stuff.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Mine's public... I cook a lot so I like the idea of giving people meal ideas, but it also makes me think about what I'm eating. Do I REALLY want to log a slushie on MFP today? Probably not :( So it keeps me from making stupid food decisions!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Mine is private, but I will sell admission to it. :bigsmile:
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I used to have it private but I started opening it up to my friends on MFP so that people that are struggling can see that I don't always follow calories but I have definitely made a difference and still am losing...just not as much. I think some people beat themselves up too much over going over a little once in a while.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Mine is private, but I will sell admission to it. :bigsmile:

:laugh: Careful, You may get some offers! :tongue:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why the people that keep it private feel like hearing advice from other people is such a bad thing....the people you add become your friends there not strangers.

And the advice is to help you, not dog on you..

You may think you are eating healthy but You would probably be surprised how bad some "healthy" foods are. All in all, from what I've seen from people's tickers, those who are very open on this site tend to have more weight loss. I don't know if it's motivation or accountability but it seems to work!

Not saying this about ALL public diaries but I see alot of people that put their weight, personal habits and food choices out here and do really well.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Mine is public because I have nothing to hide. I work my *kitten* off all week to my standards so I can goof off durning the weekend and oh yeah - I have issues with binging and if others can relate and need help I'm here for them.

I'm not ashamed of anything I eat and I know that I reached my goals doing it this way and yeah maybe I've struggled along the way and struggle to maintain, but that doesn't make me special. I've only been on MFP a short time, but I've never been critized for my choices, although I've also never posted asking for critism. My MFP friends have also never give me unsoliced advice on my choices and if they did then I'd probably just defriend them.

Me, either! I feel the same exact way!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends, but I don't have it post when I complete it, so they have to go looking for it if they are interested. AS for why it isn't public, it's similar to why I want people to say something rather than just sending a blank frined request. I would love to be supportive to everyone, but people who just friend you to increase their numbers then just disappear probably aren't here for the right reasons. As for why I don't have it display every day when I complete it, in addition to be getting spammed with additional emails when people comment on it, I just don't see the commenting on my food diary to be very motivational, whether I stay within calorie limits of not. Someone may think I did well because I stayed within their perception of what I should ahve eaten, but I may not think I did a "great job". Any of my freinds can simply replace their name with mine when they go to their diary, and can see mine if theya re interested.
  • laurelei09
    laurelei09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tend to set anything that's at what I consider a personal level open to "Friends Only". I don't mind sharing or I wouldn't be on the 'net, but I do like to know who has access. It's a comfort thing. :tongue:
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    Public- There's a lot of people smarter than me out there and if they have suggestions (eat this.. not that..) that may help in my ultimate goal, I welcome it!
  • sgriddler
    sgriddler Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Public, Mostly because it doesn't bother me if people read it. Also you never know when people might have useful suggestions.
    But im doing ok so far...
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    Mine is public to friends. I'm surprised at how many people get bothered by comments on their diary. I guess I always thought of it as a tool. Never has one of my MFP friends told me to watch my sodium or eat more fruit. But I welcome their suggestions if they did want to say something! I know some people like to get ideas from my food just like I get ideas from theirs. Personal preference I guess.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to public... It helps keep me accountable for what I put in my mouth :-)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If I go over I know others can see, keeps me on track in a way, sometimes I can't help going over those calories though lol
  • McMamma38
    Options
    Mine is public.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    One of my friends on MFP has a friend who, when my friend finishes her food log for the day, will leave comments like "Not enough fruit" or "Watch your sodium!" or whatever. It would drive me crazy to have people do that.

Like someone already said in this thread... If I need help, I'll ask for it.

This is exactly why mine is private!

I have a degree in health science so I know what I'm supposed to do! I have problems enacting it LONG term... I'm sure I'll need motivation later on and at that point I'll ask for it!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It makes me more accountable. This is especially true because I'm friends with people who do really well and have lost a lot of weight.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Since I've joined (11 days ago), my diary has been (and will continue to be) public - makes me accountable.

I'm not following any particular "diet" - just watching what I eat along with daily exercises.

I have not received any comment whatsoever on my food choices.

I've only viewed one member's diary (out of curiousity). I found it interesting.

I love this site because of the overall honesty. We learn from each other. :bigsmile: