20 week weight loss Challenge! (With SpreadSheet!) 8/13 to 12/31

Options

Replies

• lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, currently 202.5, aiming for 175 first and then 140.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you have all had a great start to your week. I am so sorry that I haven't been on much. I feel terrible that I haven't really been as active as I used to be. Things have gotten a bit overwhelming for me here with the kids and their activities. We are also in the process of getting our new house project going. WE have had appointments right and left for it and we are still waiting for the green light from the bank and the construction permit. This will be the second house we have built. We took all the lessons learned from the first one and are building something better suited for our family.

Any who yea I am still here. Been keeping up with my intake and my workouts at the gym. I actually struggled quite a bit today because my whole right side is suffering from arthritis. I still got through it though. The weather is changing and it always gets me going. Ibuprophen usually does the trick but I cant take too much of it due to my WLS. I am not feeling any better tonight and tonight is when my first jumping class starts. My hip is gonna be so bad I just know it. I have been looking forward to it for so long and I am a bit disappointed that I wont be able to give it my all for my first session.

That's what's going on in my world. I hope you are all crushing those goals. You are all amazing!

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday and to those suffering with hurricanes , fires, flooding's, and earthquakes...my thoughts and prayers are with you. Much love everyone.
  • JesseM28
    JesseM28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late but can I join? Just the motivation I need!!!
  • FitTweetyTravlerAsl
    Options
    Is there anyway you can add me to THIS spreadsheet and also email it to me. I would love to have it for future use.
  • Nik1473
    Nik1473 Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Curious - would anyone be willing to share their height and weight and what they are striving for, for optimum weight.

I am 5'8 and 205.6 lbs. I am striving for 175lbs.

5'5", 44 yr old, Female. Currently 180.7, going for 135.

• mob82
    mob82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and 5'11. My current weight is 221.4, I'd like to get down to 180 eventually.
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Curious - would anyone be willing to share their height and weight and what they are striving for, for optimum weight.

I am 5'8 and 205.6 lbs. I am striving for 175lbs.

I'm 5'2.5 226.2 and going for ultimately 160-170.
  • LRai132
    LRai132 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'11". HW: 360, CW: 269.8, GW: 170
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm finally losing weight again. To be honest, it's for a lot of the wrong reasons. My housemate (who I've been friends with since we were 15, let's call her...B. ) is still good friends with my ex (who was a mutual friend we both met at university, let's call him X ). Thing is, X was emotionally abusive towards me, and after we broke up he would constantly take B out, mostly to sit in the library at uni all night to do work, without telling me where they were going. They were constantly out. He did this not because he had work to do (he'd finished!) but because he knew it would make me paranoid and depressed. Me, B and X used to live together until recently when B and I moved to a new place. I made her promise X wouldn't be coming over. B knew that he was manipulating her to get at me, but she didn't stand up to him even when she knew it upset me.
    Yeah, guess who's been in my house since yesterday!? I really, really don't want to bump into him, so even though they've mostly been in B's room, I've stayed in my room. I've only ventured down to the kitchen a couple of times so I've been limited on what I've been able to eat. Luckily I've got protein bars in my room. If I confront B about it, all she'll do is make excuses. It's all she ever does. She's the kind of person who wants to please everyone (they're friends, I get that, but they can go to his house instead!) and ends up pleasing nobody. Or pleasing X, because he's loud and likes to get his own way. I hate confrontation, so I'm the one pushed to the wayside.

I'm sorry about the rant. I just needed to get it off my chest. If I tell my best friend, she'll fly off the handle and call B up to yell at her and I don't want that, so I've not told anyone. I'm sure I'll feel better once I start uni again on tuesday!
  • iamironmantony
    iamironmantony Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge as well but I can't edit the SS. I can view but if I try to edit it gives me an invalid url error. Any know why?
  • lady_bug_jd
    Options
    @MarziPanda95 Sorry you're in that situation. Given that you said you talked to your friend about not wanting your ex over and she continues to have him over means your friend isn't being a very good friend to you. I'm sure they could go somewhere else. You may want to talk to her again and/or consider getting a different roomate. You shouldn't feel like you can't freely move about your own home.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Well - no loss this week. No gain, either. Call that a small victory!
  • Nik1473
    Nik1473 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge as well but I can't edit the SS. I can view but if I try to edit it gives me an invalid url error. Any know why?

I couldn't edit it on my phone, but could on my laptop. Keep trying!
  • lady_bug_jd
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

We've weighed in 5 weeks now since our starting weight and we're a quarter weigh through our challenge so I thought I'd calculate our top weight losses by percentage so far. Great job everybody, let's keep it up!

Congratulations to our top 5:
    @Bluetail6 - 7.02% (15lbs)
    @Jaynee1961 - 5.98% (16.1lbs)
    Tina - 4.59% (7.6lbs)
    @mob82 - 4.57% (10.6lbs)
    @savvy85 - 4.43% (7.92lbs) (3.6kg)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Thank you @lady_bug_jd :).
    Well - no loss this week. No gain, either. Call that a small victory!

No gain is definitely a victory!!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    @MarziPanda95 Sorry you're in that situation. Given that you said you talked to your friend about not wanting your ex over and she continues to have him over means your friend isn't being a very good friend to you. I'm sure they could go somewhere else. You may want to talk to her again and/or consider getting a different roomate. You shouldn't feel like you can't freely move about your own home.

Thank you for the kind words :) I guess I just don't want to upset her. Over the last week or so, she's been out with him rather than him coming here, so I feel a little better. Unfortunately I can't find a new roommate, we're both locked into a year-long contract. University lectures have finally started so I'm out of the house all day tuesdays and thursdays and I don't have to think about it.
  • rfcoates
    rfcoates Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm joining too. A little late, but still interested in being motivated! Just started MFP and am so pleased with how easy it is to use.
  • rh0322
    rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm a little late, but love the idea of this challenge. Will update with weight tomorrow. Looking to lose 10-12
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Alrighty. Got the scale moving down again this week. This challenge is helping with motivation!
  • Steffie782000
    Steffie782000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Gained 4lbs. I was doing well but this week I ate out a lot which I have not done in 4 weeks. I'm bummed but I knew what I was doing...time to get back at it. It has put me 2 weeks behind :(