20 week weight loss Challenge! (With SpreadSheet!) 8/13 to 12/31

Options

Replies

• Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

NOW....I ask you all the same questions.....What are your WHY's??? [/b]

I started MFP weighing 191lbs. At a mere 5ft 1.5 I resembled a wee ball on legs. After a lot of hard work, I got down to 143lb... only 8lb away from my goal weight! I felt great! Sadly, my beloved Mum got ill and passed away in May 2016. I was devastated and heartbroken. I totally lost interest in everything. Stopped working out and started eating everything in sight. I regained 27lbs of my weight loss leaving me at 170lbs.
    I got pneumonia at the start of May this year and was hospitalised. It knocked me for six. I couldn't walk for more than 5 minutes before I was gasping for breath. I was horrified. I thought "what if I stay like this forever? What sort of size will I become if I can't even walk and am eating the way I am. That's when I decided I HAD to do something. I had to start exercising properly again. I went for very short walks, that got longer and longer. I started using my elliptical and weights again. I ran. I hit my heavy bag, which is the new love of my life! I care about what I eat again.
    I'm going to get rid of this weight once and for all and look and feel at my best once more. I feel pretty great already now that I'm taking care of myself again. I've lost 5lb of my regain so far and am going to get to 140-143. :sunglasses:
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon! TGIF!!!

Just here with my little update. Today I completed week 1 of C25K and I am thinking of repeating it again next week. I wont move on to Week 2 until I feel comfortable with the first week. I gotta tell you, I get why people run now. MAN this girl can SWEAT!! I always looked at others working out at the Gym and wondered HOW they sweat so much. I pretty much just get a little shimmery but now I know...I'm a sweater too!

I have felt a bit down today. There are just some things in life you cant control. Things happen and you have to decide how you are going to let these things affect your day to day life. I choose to stay positive and not let it get me down. I am so happy that this past week I have found myself again. I am back at the Gym and am being more mindful with my eating despite those demon chocolate cravings lol. Surgery or not...demon foods are still a huge issue and it takes a LOT of will power to say NO!.

I hope you are all doing well and staying strong in your journeys. I am so proud of each of you for all your efforts and successes you've had in your own individual journeys. This is not an easy thing we are doing here and it takes a strong person to KEEP ON KEEPING ON!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

YOU CAN'T ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD DAY. BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS FACE A BAD DAY WITH A GOOD ATTITUDE!!!
  • nuura03
    nuura03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • carebears1973
    carebears1973 Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks what a great idea. I've added my name, if anyone wants to add me as a friend on here please do. I'm in Essex England. Is there a way to bookmark this group so I can find it easily? Just had to search through my history before I was able to find it again. Good luck everyone x
  • carebears1973
    Options
    hi86el9b5s76.jpg
    rqfwugkwef1s.jpg
    de5edxx1qq6w.jpg
    tysz4owzv83r.jpg

My current photos weighing 16st 4lbs
  • carebears1973
    Options
    sorry the photos are so big, I couldn't suss out how to make then smaller!
  • carebears1973
    Options
    Hey all! I really want in, but the spreadsheet is not allowing me to add my name...how do I go about it?

Hi (wasn't sure how to reply so had to use the quote thingy) just click on the spreadsheet, move the bar at the bottom until you see the next available space and click on the box (where you write your name) and add it. If you look at the symbols at the top of the screen, there is one that looks like a paint pot, you can change the colours from there for each box x
  • healthisking
    healthisking Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I really want in, but the spreadsheet is not allowing me to add my name...how do I go about it?

Hi (wasn't sure how to reply so had to use the quote thingy) just click on the spreadsheet, move the bar at the bottom until you see the next available space and click on the box (where you write your name) and add it. If you look at the symbols at the top of the screen, there is one that looks like a paint pot, you can change the colours from there for each box x

Hello! Tha k you for responding:) I found out that couldn't access the spreadsheet using my Android phone, but when I tried it on my laptop, it worked! All the best to you on this road we are on! Excited to see all of our results after all out hard work on this next 20 weeks!
  • carebears1973
    Options
    I hope we all have a fab Christmas, I'm looking online for possible Christmas dresses to wear when I reach that goal :-) I will still have 3 stone to loose but it will be my half way mark
  • carebears1973
    Options
    gailbeal wrote: »
    I need in. I lost 250lbs of myself in the last 15 years. Gained back too much recently and need to get back on track with my eating. HELP!!!! accountability helps me tremendously.

You can do it, one step at a time x
  • carebears1973
    Options
    Count me in too, but I can't figure out how to add my name to the spreadsheet

Have you sussed it now? Or still need help?
  • carebears1973
    Options
    I figured out the issue for me in adding to the goggle doc. From the android app I couldn't edit it, but when I logged in from the website it worked fine, I'm all added and will add more every Sunday, my usual weigh in date. Thank you for the invitation.

I'm a Sunday weigh in person too. Unsure whether to change it to Saturday now though just to do the same as everyone else. What are you thinking of doing?
  • carebears1973
    Options
    Nobody else putting up before photos? They will be inspiring to look back on after our 20 week journey even though it takes courage to upload them. But we are all here for the same reason so it can only be positive x
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join but I can't figure out a way to add my name & weight. Like there's no space or anyone, lol. If someone could please add me, I'll see if it will let me post weights at least...

Cassie
    SW - 226
    CW - 188
    CW - (CW AKA Christmas Weight) 140
    So, I'd like to lose 40lbs. Thanks to who ever can add me to the SS, let me know if someone does it so I can go looking for it. Xoxoxo!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I'd like to join but I can't figure out a way to add my name & weight. Like there's no space or anyone, lol. If someone could please add me, I'll see if it will let me post weights at least...

Cassie
    SW - 226
    CW - 188
    So, I'd like to lose 40lbs. Thanks to who ever can add me to the SS, let me know if someone does it so I can go looking for it. Xoxoxo!

I'll add you In a bit later this evening Cassie. I can do it from my PC.
  • msmarlette
    msmarlette Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just joined too!! Thank you!
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Updated the spreadsheet, 1.2lbs gone! The past week I have had clinical placement - 4 8 hour shifts and university on friday so I prepped meals on sunday to take for lunches and stayed within my goals all week, got lots of steps in and a workout video yesterday (one of my days off). This coming week I have another 32 hours at the hospital and will need to prep dinners and snacks to take. Steps won't be much of a problem.

Do well this next week everyone!
  • coachrodger
    coachrodger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days late but, I added myself. I used my starting weight from last week. I don't have much more to lose now, already down 13 lbs. Got another 10 to lose.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Cassie
    SW - 226
    CW - 188

Thanks Mari, always got my back! Somehow I KNEW you'd be the one to do it for me but looks like I can't download the spreadsheet so I won't be able to add any of my weigh ins, unless you're willing to do it for me but that's pretty big of me to ask of so it's okay if you don't or can't cause I know you're in a lot of other groups & lead some too. Maybe someone else will or I'll just drop out of this one. (: No biggie.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Cassie
    SW - 226
    CW - 188

Thanks Mari, always got my back! Somehow I KNEW you'd be the one to do it for me but looks like I can't download the spreadsheet so I won't be able to add any of my weigh ins, unless you're willing to do it for me but that's pretty big of me to ask of so it's okay if you don't or can't cause I know you're in a lot of other groups & lead some too. Maybe someone else will or I'll just drop out of this one. (: No biggie.

I put you in column BO. Name goal and starting weight are in. See if it works for you. If not you can just tag me when you weigh in and I will add your numbers.