Options
2»

Replies

• Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have an easy time eating clean all week, then struggle once Friday and Saturday arrive?? I made it through this past weekend without going out to eat or eating any fattening meals, but I already have anxiety about this coming weekend. I'm going to make it through, but I know temptation from family and friends will be there!

I wouldn't call it a "struggle"...I indulge more on the weekend...it's when we can go out to eat as a family...go for pizza on Saturday afternoon after the boy's soccer and football games...go enjoy quality time with friends and do the things you do when you're socializing with good friends.

Weekends are also the time where we actually have time to go out and be active...I have a long ride every weekend and my wife has a long run and a shorter run...I often do a shorter ride to the gym on Sunday as well...we like to go rock climbing and hiking and stuff like that. Yeah we indulge more...we're also way more active come the weekend and it's part of enjoying this wonderful life...

If I was more active on the weekends, I would definitely enjoy myself more. I want to buy a bicycle and go bike riding on the weekends
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have an easy time eating clean all week, then struggle once Friday and Saturday arrive?? I made it through this past weekend without going out to eat or eating any fattening meals, but I already have anxiety about this coming weekend. I'm going to make it through, but I know temptation from family and friends will be there!

I wouldn't call it a "struggle"...I indulge more on the weekend...it's when we can go out to eat as a family...go for pizza on Saturday afternoon after the boy's soccer and football games...go enjoy quality time with friends and do the things you do when you're socializing with good friends.

Weekends are also the time where we actually have time to go out and be active...I have a long ride every weekend and my wife has a long run and a shorter run...I often do a shorter ride to the gym on Sunday as well...we like to go rock climbing and hiking and stuff like that. Yeah we indulge more...we're also way more active come the weekend and it's part of enjoying this wonderful life...

If I was more active on the weekends, I would definitely enjoy myself more. I want to buy a bicycle and go bike riding on the weekends

Given our time limitations during the week, we definitely take full advantage of weekends...some of it like my long ride is purposeful training/exercise...but we do lots of active things as a family as well...this is the perfect time of year for hiking around here and we're all in love with the rock climbing gym. There's fun family ride we're doing this Sunday...it's only 10 miles, but that will be more than enough for my 5 and 7 year old to ride...
  • Fitkam90
    Options

Given our time limitations during the week, we definitely take full advantage of weekends...some of it like my long ride is purposeful training/exercise...but we do lots of active things as a family as well...this is the perfect time of year for hiking around here and we're all in love with the rock climbing gym. There's fun family ride we're doing this Sunday...it's only 10 miles, but that will be more than enough for my 5 and 7 year old to ride...

That's great your family is so active together! A great example for your kiddos.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Home with the food is such a problem for me that I plan to exercise so much on Saturdays and Sundays that I can stay within sight of a bad diet, even if some weekends I don't outrun it.

We have 2 adult daughters living with us. One stays in her room almost exclusively to avoid exposure to the allergens of the cats and dog. She only comes out to fix her meals, and she's one of my mfp friends. She rarely even wants to go out. The other works at a fast-food restaurant and gets plenty of exercise at that. She's lost 30 lb in the 6 months of that job.

That leaves me and Mrs. While Mrs would gladly dine out 3 times each day, money is a real concern. I do budget for a restaurant meal for the two of us once each month. Those are manageable. Since we don't drink alcohol, dining out is just not such a big deal on my eating plan.
  • Jessiedawn3
    Jessiedawn3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There hasn't been a week where I haven't had a day or two of "bad" eating. I've had Big Macs, pizza buffet, Chinese buffet, etc... But I am still losing. It may slow my loss down to .5 lb instead of 1 for that week, but I am not depriving myself from enjoying what I want. When I do that is when I will binge on what I want. As the weeks go on, I have found I don't crave those things like I used to . Its all about moderation and still living and enjoying it all!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Home with the food is such a problem for me that I plan to exercise so much on Saturdays and Sundays that I can stay within sight of a bad diet, even if some weekends I don't outrun it.

We have 2 adult daughters living with us. One stays in her room almost exclusively to avoid exposure to the allergens of the cats and dog. She only comes out to fix her meals, and she's one of my mfp friends. She rarely even wants to go out. The other works at a fast-food restaurant and gets plenty of exercise at that. She's lost 30 lb in the 6 months of that job.

That leaves me and Mrs. While Mrs would gladly dine out 3 times each day, money is a real concern. I do budget for a restaurant meal for the two of us once each month. Those are manageable. Since we don't drink alcohol, dining out is just not such a big deal on my eating plan.

Eating out is so expensive.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    There hasn't been a week where I haven't had a day or two of "bad" eating. I've had Big Macs, pizza buffet, Chinese buffet, etc... But I am still losing. It may slow my loss down to .5 lb instead of 1 for that week, but I am not depriving myself from enjoying what I want. When I do that is when I will binge on what I want. As the weeks go on, I have found I don't crave those things like I used to . Its all about moderation and still living and enjoying it all!

I'm definitely impatient. It's hard to accept that it takes time to lose weight the healthy way. You definitely have a healthy mindset.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my downfall. I recently decided to get up early on Saturdays or Sundays and clean the house really good for at least 2 hours. That burns some calories and helps lift my mood. For some reason I feel less guilty then going out. I'm going to the County Fair tomorrow. Yikes!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I'm definitely impatient. It's hard to accept that it takes time to lose weight the healthy way. You definitely have a healthy mindset.

You also need to come around to the fact that nothing much changes when you go to maintenance...it's a handful more calories...everything else for me is the same. I eat the same as I did when I was losing, including my indulgences...I exercise regularly just as I did when losing...everything is basically the same, I just have a little more room in my day to day.

When you come around to the fact that hitting your weight loss goal isn't the finish line, it helps...hitting your goal is the starting line of the real race...everything to that point has just been practice.

I knew that my weight loss would be 9-12 months...I wasn't going to go that long without socializing with friends or taking my boys out for pizza or whatever and I refused to make life's little enjoyments something to be guilty over. When I was losing weight I typically ate maintenance calories on Saturday. I also do things in regards to planning a day when I know there's going to be some major food coming my way...eat smaller breakfast or skip it...salad for lunch...that kind of thing. I'll plan my day around an event.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Preach it sister!!! I tend to slack off Friday to Saturday. For some odd reason, I seem to be more aware of what I consume on Sunday. Weird. Great post though! :)
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Preach it sister!!! I tend to slack off Friday to Saturday. For some odd reason, I seem to be more aware of what I consume on Sunday. Weird. Great post though! :)

Friday and Saturday nights are the hardest for me! And thanks!
  • Fitkam90
    Options

You also need to come around to the fact that nothing much changes when you go to maintenance...it's a handful more calories...everything else for me is the same. I eat the same as I did when I was losing, including my indulgences...I exercise regularly just as I did when losing...everything is basically the same, I just have a little more room in my day to day.

When you come around to the fact that hitting your weight loss goal isn't the finish line, it helps...hitting your goal is the starting line of the real race...everything to that point has just been practice.

I knew that my weight loss would be 9-12 months...I wasn't going to go that long without socializing with friends or taking my boys out for pizza or whatever and I refused to make life's little enjoyments something to be guilty over. When I was losing weight I typically ate maintenance calories on Saturday. I also do things in regards to planning a day when I know there's going to be some major food coming my way...eat smaller breakfast or skip it...salad for lunch...that kind of thing. I'll plan my day around an event.

That is a very logical point of view. Thank You for your input.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    goalpeace wrote: »
    Weekends are my downfall. I recently decided to get up early on Saturdays or Sundays and clean the house really good for at least 2 hours. That burns some calories and helps lift my mood. For some reason I feel less guilty then going out. I'm going to the County Fair tomorrow. Yikes!

Housework is a great workout! Especially sweeping and mopping and vacuuming. I have lots of tile and carpet lol.
  • andrewgreaves1
    andrewgreaves1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat clean all week! Never mind on the weekend also. I just sat down with my fiance and discussed the whole year really. There is New Years, winter hibernation, Valentines Day, Easter, Memorial Day, birthdays, summer-parties cookouts, Thanksgiving, weddings, vacations, fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Most of these aren't exactly healthy. Could we say no to the beer, sweets, red meat, probably, but tough to do so. I think we see the gym packed the day after a holiday for a reason. I think it does all start with what we have in our homes though. What snacks are in reach? Then when the weekend/holiday comes what do we like to do to unwind? I personally eat worse during the week because I actually have time to go hiking and traveling on the weekend.I also tell myself I dont have time to cook during the week, which is bull. Work keeps me on the go, and that can lead to a lot of temptation. I definitely recommend getting a bike though! Running beats up my joints bad, and I feel I can exercise for much longer on a bike. Either way you will get through this and adjust, we all will.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I wish I could eat clean all week! Never mind on the weekend also. I just sat down with my fiance and discussed the whole year really. There is New Years, winter hibernation, Valentines Day, Easter, Memorial Day, birthdays, summer-parties cookouts, Thanksgiving, weddings, vacations, fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Most of these aren't exactly healthy. Could we say no to the beer, sweets, red meat, probably, but tough to do so. I think we see the gym packed the day after a holiday for a reason. I think it does all start with what we have in our homes though. What snacks are in reach? Then when the weekend/holiday comes what do we like to do to unwind? I personally eat worse during the week because I actually have time to go hiking and traveling on the weekend.I also tell myself I dont have time to cook during the week, which is bull. Work keeps me on the go, and that can lead to a lot of temptation. I definitely recommend getting a bike though! Running beats up my joints bad, and I feel I can exercise for much longer on a bike. Either way you will get through this and adjust, we all will.

I know! There's always some special occasion around the corner all centered around FOOD. Which is a good thing, that's the way people are supposed to gather together. It's just not convenient when you have weight loss or fitness goals. I love riding bikes, it's been several years since I've had one. Definitely on my to do list.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Not just the eating, but the exercise too. I do SO much better Mon-Thurs getting my activity in while working with the boy's school schedule. Fridays are just okay, but Sat/Sun ... I call them "wicked weekends." I moved my official weigh-in to Monday mornings to see if that would motivate me at all. It's tough!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    scrapjen wrote: »
    Not just the eating, but the exercise too. I do SO much better Mon-Thurs getting my activity in while working with the boy's school schedule. Fridays are just okay, but Sat/Sun ... I call them "wicked weekends." I moved my official weigh-in to Monday mornings to see if that would motivate me at all. It's tough!

Oh it's gotta be way harder when you have children! You're doing great going Mon-Friday. Something about the weekend just makes ya wanna take it extra easy. For me anyway.