Driod or iPhone

Options
13»

Replies

• hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a blackberry, but my husband has the Evo(Android) and even after playing with his phone I would still LOVE to have an iphone. GL :smile:
  • no_where1976
    no_where1976 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would go with the iPhone. I went through 3 driods and was so "team droid" but the battery can not keep up with what I like to do with my phones! And I have to say the only app I have paid for was my C25K app on my iPhone. There are a ton of free apps! I always thought you had to pay for them nope....only pay if you don't want ads :)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    TeamDroid here :glasses:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    If you want things to just work (the way apple wants you to think they should work), go with an iPhone. Apple is restrictive as hell, but there is a benefit to that. Little to no fragmentation for hardware or software. Apple approves all software that is offered in iTunes, but that means you get what they think you should have...look for Swiftkey or Swype on iTunes. About 70% of all accessories are for iPhones.

If you want an open phone that you can completely control, Android OS. I can undervolt and overclock. I get new OS updates before they are released by Verizon. With a program like Tasker, your smartphone TRULY becomes a Smartphone. There is nothing close like that in iTunes.

I own a Droid X and I would not use an iPhone if it was given to me.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    if you want some more input, I asked this same question a few weeks or so ago. Here you go

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/283865-android-vs-iphone?hl=android+vs+iphone&page=2#posts-3753791
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Droid for sure!!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love the Droid. That said... if I had an iPhone I probably would like that too! LOL
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a droid and love it. Haven't paid for one app yet!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you already have an iPod Touch, go with the Droid. The iPhone is just the Touch with phone capabilities. The good thing about Droid is the plethora of phone types that it's offered on. My iPhone was free so I definitely can't complain about it.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had the same dilemna but after research and limited usage with both phones I went with the droid incredible. My friend is an apple fanatic and so he put his iphone up against my droid and well my droid won. The fact that you get free music (and that is the stuff that's playing on the radio right now not just 50's) really pushed it over the edge. I hope this helps :smile:
  • Mrs88hurst
    Mrs88hurst Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I love my iPhone!
  • Mrs88hurst
    Mrs88hurst Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do so much with an iPhone if you put your mind to it. There are tons of forums out there to help you through it. I love all my apple products.