NOISE

Options

Replies

• Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    People that chomp their food/gum especially if the mouth is open. Kettle chips will send me over the edge.

The WORST
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    I can't stand the sound of Stephen Colbert's voice, I don't know why... it doesn't matter if he's funny, I hate his voice, simply cannot endure it! Once someone was showing me some animated show and I was physically cringing from the sound of one of the characters and later they told me Colbert had done the voice of that character and I was like "no wonder I hated it!" :s

Lol man! I'm the same way with Matthew Mcconaughey. Can't stand his fake sounding country accent. I like real country accents. His is so fake sounding to me. His voice makes me cringe.

Everything about that guy irks me to no end. He's so skeezy... (I don't know him, personally, so that's probably an unfair assessment, it's just how he comes off. His mannerisms, voice, everything. No me gusta.)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    car horns drive me up the wall
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the sound of Stephen Colbert's voice, I don't know why... it doesn't matter if he's funny, I hate his voice, simply cannot endure it! Once someone was showing me some animated show and I was physically cringing from the sound of one of the characters and later they told me Colbert had done the voice of that character and I was like "no wonder I hated it!" :s

Lol man! I'm the same way with Matthew Mcconaughey. Can't stand his fake sounding country accent. I like real country accents. His is so fake sounding to me. His voice makes me cringe.

Oh yeah, I can relate to these too!! And New Orleans accents in movies are usually really fake, but when I hear a REAL one I find it very pleasant and sometimes a little sexy. This is weird but I was watching a documentary "Mommy Dead and Dearest" and the girl's dad had a REAL Cajun type accent and I loved it! But most movies, noooo.

I could never watch Will & Grace because all of the main characters' voices got on my nerves too much.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Oh I also hate dogs barking and dishes clanking.

I loathe when my dogs bark. Love the dogs. Hate the barking.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I have auditory sensory issues. Babies and children making ANY noise that isn't just talking feels like knives in my ears. Alarms, whistles, beeping, most ringtones, are all actually painful.

I do get startled by sudden noises as much as the next person, but I've flat out cried over the previously listed noises lol

I've cried from panic attacks, getting so overwhelmed by all the commotion! I've learned to cope better with it though.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    My coworker's loud typing. Literally banging on the keyboard.

Haha I hated loud typers in school. Luckily I work from home, far from any computer. My mom can type really fast, used to drive me Cray Cray. Not that she was typing hard, just really fast.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    The sound cardboard makes when it scrapes against cardboard. Like nails on a chalkboard.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Can't stand to hear people eating or hear babies screaming. Love heavy metal.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers cant listen to music with snapping. And don't crease a piece of paper in front of him. Drives him nuts!!!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Everything about that guy irks me to no end. He's so skeezy... (I don't know him, personally, so that's probably an unfair assessment, it's just how he comes off. His mannerisms, voice, everything. No me gusta.)

I AGREE!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Gum tastes better the louder you chew it. Why don't you people understand that?

And how else would people know you're chewing it??

Y'all are funny
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Chewing, banana smacking, nibbling with front teeth, saliva sounds, slurping, stirring with spoons in bowls, plastic bottle crunching, foot tapping, my own kids whining or sometimes even laughing. Feels like a knife to the brain. Doesn't happen everytime , but certainly a lot. And more irritating with certain people. Some people can make noise and not bother me.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Chewing, banana smacking, nibbling with front teeth, saliva sounds, slurping, stirring with spoons in bowls, plastic bottle crunching, foot tapping, my own kids whining or sometimes even laughing. Feels like a knife to the brain. Doesn't happen everytime , but certainly a lot. And more irritating with certain people. Some people can make noise and not bother me.

This made me laugh, simply because I relate so much to it! I LOATHE banana smacking!!! Kids are the absolute worst when it comes to smacking on those damn bananas lol. I also hate going to the movies and people ruffling their stupid popcorn by digging their hand incessantly in the bucket, then proceed to rudely crunch as loudly as possible with their mouths open.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    The sound cardboard makes when it scrapes against cardboard. Like nails on a chalkboard.

Interesting!
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    One of my coworkers cant listen to music with snapping. And don't crease a piece of paper in front of him. Drives him nuts!!!

Lol very interesting.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    Can't stand to hear people eating or hear babies screaming. Love heavy metal.

Screaming babies are a no for me. Though I do love babies. Some babies just have those terrible ear piercing, high pitched, ear drum busting, blood curdling shrills as if they're being tortured. Having worked in a daycare, I have heard many different cries, but a handful stick out. I always felt bad for their parents. Can't imagine being woken from a dead sleep from one of those painful pig squeals.