WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I got my bone density results. My lumbar spine has improved! I was hoping to hold my own, and I am very happy with this outcome. :heart: :star::heart:

:) That is fabulous news
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

I’m wandering back through….sorry I’m so erratic just reading from page 50…

Love the talk about tablets, phones, etc… I love my smart phone, but also love setting it aside…

Heather – amazing cake!!!

Allie – so happy for you, but continue to be wary of Tom…

Meg (((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sue - our furry friends are such a part of our lives… I am sorry to hear about the passing of Jule

All the newbies – welcome

Penny – Lucky tourist!!!! So looking at the railing and the angle of the pictures…how do you get out of the house? Do you have to jump?

Wendy – you can do this!

Joyce – was it Miriam you are thinking of?

Patrice – welcome!!! So glad to have you here! Gloria was such a part of our group, she is missed

Katla – Hip Hip Hooray!

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    The boys are doing well. Getting settled into thier new home and schools. They lost so much. Not only my Mom, but we had to rehome thier dogs and birds. We will give them a goid life, but everything right now is still so raw. Hopefully time will heal.

Welcome, Patrice. I am especially happy to hear that the boys are settling in -- so many changes for them to process. I will continue praying for them and for the rest of your family.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

Getting ready to head home

Such great news, Katla! Congratulations.

Michele in NC -- Cellulitis is no joke. I am glad it is not a blood clot, but you do need to be careful and keep an eye on it. Pretty scary stuff.

Tere -- I'm sorry to hear about your husband's health issue. Hopefully the surgery will give him some relief.

It's not that my scale lies; it's that I keep thinking I weigh 20 pounds more than I do because that's what I'm used to. So every time I step on the scale, it's a little bit of a shock. "Oh, right. I weigh less than I'm used to." I guess that's a good thing, but it surprises me how long it takes for our mental perspective to catch up to the physical realities. I suppose the same thing happens as we're gaining weight. It just really does creep up and surprise us, on an emotional/mental level.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    1100m freestyle swim, 20minutes kick drills, 2 aqua-fit classes.

They changed the schedule for Sunday, so I’m not sure how it’s going to go. Ce la vie I guess or que sera, sera? Something like that.

My swims 3 or 4 x a week are good (great even), but I wish I could find something to do the other days. Something I like, obviously, and something that I’m not going to be likely to hurt myself. And something that doesn’t cost money. Quite discouraged in my searching so far nothing works. Swimming 6 days a week would be great if I could schedule transportation - but that isn’t on the horizon anytime soon. Maybe if the weather ever drops below 90° I can walk til I figure out something.

Ophthalmologist appointment tomorrow. Ophthalmologists tend to be ultra-conservative and ever so cautious when they see me (with my history, it is understandable) so I expect my 8:00 am appointment not to be done til lunchtime.

Best wishes to all.

Rye
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Welcome Patrice. Glad you've joined us and gaveus Information about the boys.
    Katla- great new about your bone density. Keep doing what you're doing.
    Cowboys playing so have to sign off.
    SueBDew inTX.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,

Patrice, welcome. I'm new to the group but still felt your mom's loss. I got to know her just a little but could tell she was an amazing person. So glad you will be joining the group.

Kayla, great news!

Allie, of course he is getting grumpy, ithe is starting to really realize everything he is going to have to do himself now. Oh well too bad, so sad.

I'm one of those that also wait to enter my weight into MFP until I have hit that weight at least 3 times.

Well off to bed and read. First day back to work after vacation is exhausting. Took most of the morning to finally get through all the emails.

Terry tired in VT
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 new gym, new route- 7.11min, 139mhr, 12.3amph. 1.4mi = 92c
    apple watch- 66c
    Spin *new bike*- 51min, 76ar, 90aw, 139mhr, no gear gage, 12mi = 404c
    apple watch- 425c
    bike ride gym 2 dome new route- 7.13min, 12.1amph, 131mhr, 1.4mi = 61c
    appple watch- 45c
    ride bike puy 2 sumn sta- 15.21min, 147mhr, 11.9amph, 3mi= 166c
    apple watch- 108c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.23min, 145mhr, 10.05min mi, .5mi = 67c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.29min, 8.47min mi, 154mhr, .5mi = 74c
    apple watch- 60c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.54min, 7.7amph, 150mhr, 2.5mi = 219c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 1083
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Welcome Patrice. Glad you've joined us and gaveus Information about the boys.
    Katla- great new about your bone density. Keep doing what you're doing.
    Cowboys playing so have to sign off.
    SueBDew inTX.

Sue I think the Cowboys forgot to show up. :(

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    It happened again! Typing then poof!

PAtrice, so glad to see you here. We loved your Mom and looking forward to really meeting you.

KAtla, good to see your good results.

Got my biopsy report from my colonoscopy. It showed a pre-cancerous place that was removed. So I am on the 3 year plan. I hope they improve the prep by then.

Ok, the main thing I wanted to talk about. Don't know if I am over reacting or not. My daughter, Christina, works for a man who owns a mine in W Virginia. They live in Lexington, ky. He wants to be able to provide each of his miners a truck since they drive about 4 hours every time they go to work. Oh, he is renting a house where the mine is and they love there for 4 days then go home for the weekend. I dot know why he doesn't look for trucks in the lExington area. So by searching the Internet, they found a truck in the Miami Fl area. So she is flying there tonight, will have the truck checked out by a Ford dealership and have a thorough title search to make sure the truck wasn't involved in a flood. If they purchase it, she will drive it back. Ok, will that mechanic be honest, will the title search really tell the truth. Are the infrastructure of the interstates through Florida be OK for her to drive this unknown truck that has 300,000 miles on it and get safely back to her home. I don't even know if a deisel truck is driven the same way any other truck it. Or am I just being a Mom? My husband is feeding me a lot of these questions also. He doesn't think any woman should be driving an interstate at night anyway. I just tell him his fears are antiquated.

OK! Joyce, Indiana
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Joyce, my dear, I can answer a few of your fears. For a diesel truck, 300,000 miles is like 30,000 to a gasoline engine. Diesel engines regularly last more than a million miles. That said, they need maintenance, etc. too, and need to have been well maintained. And there are ways to tell through CarFax and other resources if a car or truck has been in a flood. I'm married to a mechanic, and as long as the Ford dealership doesn't have anything at stake, they have no reason to be dishonest. The rest, perhaps someone else can answer.

Lisa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: Don't worry about diesel as a fuel. Both of our cars are diesel and perform just like any other car, but they get MUCH better mileage between fill-ups. I wonder what size these vehicles are. That is what I'd worry about. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Patrice, So nice to meet you! I have tears because your Mom was such a dear lady, and knowing you can check in with us now and then is like getting a part of Gloria. Click on us anytime!
    Hugs from Oregon
    Becca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    It happened again! Typing then poof!

Do you switch from one page to another in the middle of your post, in order to check what someone said a page or two back?

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Patrice: Welcome! Your mom was a treasured member of this little sisterhood. We can't wait to get to know you better.

Katla: Fantastic news about your bone scans! Thank you for again reminding me about celery. I was foraging for something to gnaw on out of sheer stress and frustration. And, fortunately, I had intentionally left washed celery spears front and center in the fridge after reading your recent post. Gnawed to my heart's content.

The property title issue is turning into a total drama. A defunct former mortgage servicer apparently dropped the ball somewhere. Today I was told it could be another 5-6 weeks to resolve. Sure hope this doesn't blow the sale altogether. I keep telling myself "Well, you're not in Key West or Puerto Rico, so quit bitching." I just want it all done already.

I've got organic milk turning into yummy yougurt in the IP. Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    P
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    130 posts! I honestly thought I was just on.

Welcome, Patrice! We all loved Glo. So happy to have you here.

DJ, I am sure glad you didn't get run off. You are one of my favorites.

I can't remember who asked me about the resident troll I was joking about. I can't remember his name, but he sent private messages to several of us. I got two, both of which I promptly deleted. I hope nobody thought I was serious when I was saying that I bet y'all were jealous that he liked my smile. That would really make me pathetic!

Somehow I must have missed a post by Michele. I knew she was sick, but did I read that it was cellulitis? That's some scary stuff!

Machka, I google myself frequently just to see what shows up. When I google drkatiebug, my posts from this thread pop right up first thing. That's one reason I'm so adamant that I don't want my real name posted on here. There is one other person with my name who is a book author, but the vast majority of hits on the name are me. It's not a common name. At one time, I had a bit of a professional presence online and didn't want people who googled me for professional reasons to see that I was an active member of a weight loss board. Maybe I'm weird, but I want to keep personal and professional separate. I'm fairly careful, even on FB, to keep my personal opinions to myself. I now have a professional presence of a different sort based on my volunteer efforts with my church, so I have to be very careful not to be controversial. Given the current hot topics on FB, I am struggling with this conviction.

I, too, miss Sylvia and wonder about her, her son, and the grandchildren. I miss Miriam as well. Another person I miss greatly is Carol from NC. I look forward to getting to know the new folks.

K

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Patrice Welcome Thanks for letting us know how the boys are doing. Sorry to hear that they had to give up their pets

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Machka, I google myself frequently just to see what shows up. When I google drkatiebug, my posts from this thread pop right up first thing. That's one reason I'm so adamant that I don't want my real name posted on here. There is one other person with my name who is a book author, but the vast majority of hits on the name are me. It's not a common name. At one time, I had a bit of a professional presence online and didn't want people who googled me for professional reasons to see that I was an active member of a weight loss board. Maybe I'm weird, but I want to keep personal and professional separate. I'm fairly careful, even on FB, to keep my personal opinions to myself. I now have a professional presence of a different sort based on my volunteer efforts with my church, so I have to be very careful not to be controversial. Given the current hot topics on FB, I am struggling with this conviction.

:+1:

Fortunately, when I google myself, my online cycling presence is the main thing that comes up ... and that's OK with me. :)

And yes, I prefer to keep certain aspects of my life off the internet as much as possible, and/or to compartmentalize my life to some degree.

But it is amazing what you can find out about some people who seem to just put it all out there.

M in Oz