What are some healthy snacks for anytime during the day?

Options
Getting back into swing of things and I need some brainstorming going on!!

Replies

• paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are walnuts, almonds, apples, strawberries, and apples :)
  • kristatzitzi
    kristatzitzi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For the nuts, do you usually just go by the palm of your hand? Or actually weighing it all out
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Weight.
  • kristatzitzi
    kristatzitzi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What do you normally do?
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jerky and also Greek yogurt.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, berries, cheese, protein bars
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, rice cakes, beef jerkey, applesauce cups, jello cups, yogurt, grapes, pineapple...
  • LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, veggies and hummus...
  • bburkheart
    bburkheart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if i think i'm craving "something crunchy" what is my body really wanting nutritionally rather then the texture? thinking something along the line of corn chip crunchy like taco shells. what are some healthier choices?
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I like almonds because I can carry them with me in my bag, and they can stay in there a while without going stale. I have a little tin that holds 24 (give or take one or two) and I usually make two snacks out of that many, for about 80 calories per serving.

Dried apricots are also a nice portable option. I think five of them runs you 100 calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. Nuts are too calorie dense (and I have control issues around them anyway) so the portions are really small and are gone in under a minute. Popcorn lasts. I also like unshelled seeds, portions may be small, but since you are shelling them they take a long time to eat. My any time any day snack is a tomato, eaten like an apple, but that's just me.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese or hard boiled eggs.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Jerky, hardboiled egg, Greek yogurt, popcorn, veggies and hummus, fresh fruit (apples or berries usually).
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Tuna pouches!!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Carrots, hummus, bananas, peanut butter, peaches, and string cheese.

These are the snacks in my backpack right now, since I like to basically be eating ALL DAY.

Breakfast was cottage cheese with some preserves.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Not a big snack guy...I like meals. I usually have an afternoon/early evening snack because I don't eat dinner until about 8:30...usually these little single serve packages of nuts with dried fruit and they come with some little cheese cubes.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Apples for me are my go too. They always been my favorite snack but I really eat what ever I want for snacks if I'm in the mood. I just weight it before eating or look up the calories to make sure I can fit it in.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    I love nuts but too many calories for me so non fat greek yogurt, powdered peanut butter on rice cake or waffle, fruit