Is there anything you don't log???

Options

Replies

2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    I don't log coffee and I only sometimes log spinach, salad, bell peppers etc...
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    Anything under 10 calories like gum
    didn't even cross my mind until i saw it in someone's diary
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to be as honest as I possibly can . . .but I find some things difficult to find. for example I made a birthday cake for my husband today . .a simple sponge cake with cream cheese frosting and I had a TINY slice of it . . .absolutely No idea how many calories are in it!! Or when I roast a gammon joint at the weekend and serve it with salad and bits and pieces . . .impossible to work out!!! I tend to over estimate as much as possible!!

good luck :)
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    I try to log everything I eat or drink. even my daily coffee and sugar twin (I know it's only 2 calories a cup. but I still log it) the only things I don't log are salt, pepper, garlic, mrs dash, etc.... but for some strange reason, everytime I add Frank's hot sauce to my meals. I log it. even though it has 0 calories. (I put that ____ on everything.) lol
  • vulrich93
    Options
    If it's like mustard (no cal, just sodium), pepper, salt, etc I don't bother logging it. Just major food & drink I log.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I LOG ALL MY......BLT"S........"bites,licks & tastes" cause it can all add up fast!! If I'm in a hurry or don't want to look something up I do the "quick calories" Heck, my half & half in my daily coffee's are 160 calories!!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a pinch of cheese and did not log it. Sneeky cheese.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    If it has a calorie, I log it.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Sometimes I don't log diet cola. I know it's 0 calories and that it's still bad for me, though I don't drink it very often. I log everything else.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Usually the only things I don't log are the butter spray and the olive oil spray I use, mainly because I only use them sparingly.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am horrible about logging my vitamins.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't log salt or pepper or other seasonings. I probably should, at least for the sodium. But I don't. I log everything else.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Veggies. At least green leafy/high water content. I don't measure them.

It makes my food diary look HORRIBLE. :tongue:
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree with the gum, vitamins etc but any food I try to break down. I also do not log water since I drink as ton and any activity that is part of my day (ie. cleaning, laundry, going up stairs etc)
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I log every thing, the good & the bad so if I stop losing I know what to change :)
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I work for a dessert company, and we have a daily product review of everything that was produced the day before. Today, for instance, we had about six different desserts for review, and it's our duty as tasters to have a small sample of each one to see if the taste, texture and so on is as it should be. Some days I don't want to go and I let others take care of it, but many times, I am the person with the most experience with the products in the office, and I have a small bite of a cookie, a small scoop of cheesecake, a bit of this and a bit of that. I don't log any of it. It would be too difficult to figure out, and I have the extra calories.

I also have a chocolate bar in my kitchen that I broke into squares, and if I have a square, I don't log that either. It's like 30 or 40 calories so who cares?

You work for a dessert company and that is your belly? I am impressed. What is your secret?
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log everything. Back when I was trying to lose weight I logged EVERYTHING! :ohwell: I even logged Tums. LOL :bigsmile:
    Since I've been on maintenance (10 months!) If it's something that has no calories like mustard (my new best friend!) or a diet cola I don't bother. Sometimes I skip logging things like a dill pickle slice or some chopped onion.

I also don't log on weekends. I look at all this as a change of lifestyle and if I can't go for a couple of days without losing control then it's not a true lifestyle change.
    :drinker:
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't log
    Diet Drinks
    Ketchup or Mustard
    Coffee
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I don't log cucumbers on my salad... Also, same as you... If I have a cuppa joe in the afternoon.
  • msbeavert
    Options
    If it has calories, I log it. Even down to that stick of gum I might have some afternoons.