What's the first healthy thing you did on your weight loss journey?

Options
When you decide you wanted to lose weight what was the first healthy thing you did?

Replies

• ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Made a commitment to myself to lose weight and be healthy.
    Then joined Noom and rejoined MFP.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    On the day I was sent home from the hospital after having an ovarian tumor removed, with a new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, I started by doing as much exercise as I was able - which at that time was just high stepping and swinging water bottles around. Then moved to slowly pedaling my exercise bike. I increased my cycling time and intensity and added exercise as I became more fit.

It took me a few weeks to get the hang of how to eat satisfying meals which would keep my blood sugar under control - my doctor had said that I didn't need a glucose meter since I wasn't on insulin, but buying one was the single most important step I took, since it enabled me to see exactly how much of which foods were safe for me to eat. I started planning my meals and guesstimating calories right away, but didn't learn about MFP for another two months.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Started logging everything, restarted Insanity & cut down on bread (my nemesis!!)