Keto, anyone?

Replies

• ikeandmike1212
    ikeandmike1212 Posts: 77 Member
    I stumbled on Keto doing research about internal inflammation. In doing this research I found a doctor on Youtube who addresses so many health issues, that seem to have poor/deficient nutrition as a root cause.
    Processed foods that are quick ad easy to obtain, that seem to save time, are filled with ingredients that our bodies were not designed to ingest. In the meantime, we are starving at the cellular level as our insulin levels climb.
    Have you ever noticed that after you eat home-cooked meals for a while and then consume food from a restaurant, how you can taste the chemicals in the food? If all things are equal and chicken is chicken, why does the chicken you cook at home taste like chicken but the restaurant chicken tastes like something else???? Hmm...
  • hhfromga
    hhfromga Posts: 3 Member
    Just wanted to peek in and say Hi! Been on low carb since February, Keto since March. I've lost about 50lbs, and many many inches. It certainly is a pain those first few days, but becomes so much easier as you go.

Congrats on your success so far!

• ikeandmike1212
    Hello kwcrane,

You can do internet searches and I'm sure, you'll find lots of information on Keto meal planning. I follow Dr. Berg on Youtube. He does an excellent job of explaining why as we grow older, weight loss is definitely harder but not impossible. He explains that nutritional deficiencies are the underlying cause for most ill health effects and how excess sugar in our bodies cause insulin resistance (fat mid section) and out of control weight gain. His videos are usually 2-3 minutes long, easy to understand and extremely informative. I watched ALL of his videos before I began my journey and I haven't had any problems. Go to Youtube, in the search function, enter "Dr. Berg, Keto". You will not be disappointed.
    As for your weight loss goals, it seems that you are on the same track as I am. I am so thrilled to have lost 26 lbs after years of weight loss deprivation and failure.

I think we can do it!
  • Neaton2965
    Neaton2965 Posts: 8 Member
    Wow amazing thanks for sharing. I too am going through a journey and would love to be a part of a keto community. May I ask how did you get started. I'm so glad I read your post. Have a great day.
  • Neaton2965
    Neaton2965 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the tip watching Dr. Berg. Also I too have no gallbladder maybe I too need to try ox bile to digest fats.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    I just started keto a few days ago and already can tell a difference! It definitely requires planning and forethought, which in turn keeps me from mindless eating whatever is convenient. Please add me as a friend! I would like to have more support through this journey.
  • ikeandmike1212
    Glass..

You are sooooo right. I have had co-workers ask me what I'm doing but when I tell them, the first thing they say is "oh no, I can't do that!" They are drinking smoothies with 50-60 g of sugar from the fruit alone and trying to tell me how healthy it is, while they are literally getting bigger before my eyes!

We want to eat what we've always eaten and fool ourselves that we are going to loose weight. There is no doubt that fruit has a place in out diets but it is insane to think they can consume that much sugar and loose weight, all while saying "fruit is healthy for you."

You are so right...we want the end results only if we don't have to make any type of "CHANGE !!!

• Ruthy161
    Ruthy161 Posts: 14 Member
    Any of you please feel free to add me, I am a fellow Ketoer
  • desertsprout
    desertsprout Posts: 3 Member
    Keto is a great way of life
  • Frag_bunny117
    Frag_bunny117 Posts: 1 Member
    I just started keto this week. I lost about 15lbs eating only whole foods from the Whole 30 Diet list and felt great but I've stalled out now. Looking to change it up to try and get things moving again. Reading so many people talk about keto helping with stomach and joints and skin and hair I decided this was the way to go. A lot of my stomach issues cleared up when I stopped eating gluten but I still have bad scaling skin and my hair falls out and I get joint pain when I'm stressed or upset. Here's hoping this new way of eating is a final fix or improvement.
  • ikeandmike1212
    Good evening Frag_Bunny,

Do some research on the keto way of life. I believe it can be life-changing especially for those of us experiencing health-related issues.

Good luck!
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Glass..

You are sooooo right. I have had co-workers ask me what I'm doing but when I tell them, the first thing they say is "oh no, I can't do that!" They are drinking smoothies with 50-60 g of sugar from the fruit alone and trying to tell me how healthy it is, while they are literally getting bigger before my eyes!

We want to eat what we've always eaten and fool ourselves that we are going to loose weight. There is no doubt that fruit has a place in out diets but it is insane to think they can consume that much sugar and loose weight, all while saying "fruit is healthy for you."

You are so right...we want the end results only if we don't have to make any type of "CHANGE !!!

They should really read up on what our ancestors ate before convenience became a thing. Fruit was rare. Fruit has a season. Fruit wasn't easy grab and go from a farmers market.
  • desertsprout
    desertsprout Posts: 3 Member
    Do any of y'all do bulletproof coffee?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I'm on day 10 of keto. I lost 8 lbs the first week. I was diagnosed with Lupus last year, but only because my blood work shows large amounts of inflammation. I don't have any other Lupus symptoms. I wanted to be a couples month in on the keto diet before seeing my rheumatologist again in November, when I will have more blood work done. I'm hoping this WOE will decrease my inflammation. I'm still learning as I go. I learned that you cannot compare your results to others. Everybody is different. I obviously had a lot of water weight, so losing 8 lbs the first week is ok. Some people may not lose that much, some may lose more.