A month 'o challenges - August 2011

Options

Replies

• megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I never watch my sodium so this will be great, although tough. I better hit the gym hard tomorrow - 4000 calories here I come!
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm in! 1700 sodium for me today and 555 calories!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Over on sodium today, a Tim Horton sandwich killed me for lunch today, tough to find low sodium options at fast food places :(, and 386 in calories but I may still go for another walk this evening.
  • JL3mom
    JL3mom Posts: 48
    Options
    I want to do this also. What will everyone be doing to burn 4000 calories?
  • AParker1974
    AParker1974 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This challenge is going to be tough but I think well worth it!! Went over slightly on the sodium today but tomorrow is another day and I am ready to face it!!
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • JL3mom
    Options
  • cali_girl02
    Options
    im in for sure.............im about to go jog for an hr yay :) and do some stairs 4000 calories here i come :)
  • JL3mom
    Options
    I have todays and tomorrow's meals planned already and they come in just under the 2000mg of sodium. Does anyone have any good low sodium meal ideas for the rest of the week?

All i have been doing is cutting out a lot of boxed and canned foods. I have been eating lots of fruits and I buy the frozen veggies! My sodium is usually under 1500.
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    JL3mom - I am going to be walking, upping my miles from 3 a day to 4 - 5miles a day. Went for a second walk tonight total walked today 4.6 miles, burned 647 calories.
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have todays and tomorrow's meals planned already and they come in just under the 2000mg of sodium. Does anyone have any good low sodium meal ideas for the rest of the week?

All i have been doing is cutting out a lot of boxed and canned foods. I have been eating lots of fruits and I buy the frozen veggies! My sodium is usually under 1500.

Yeah, I am starting to see that now Lol. I did okay today (by saving most of my sodium for dinner time) but noticed that I am coming in way under my calories allowed for the day. When i closed out for today it told me I need to eat more but it's already so late (11:00pm here). Tomorrow is looking a little better but I think I'm going to need to pick up some from fruit Lol.
  • j_zanzig
    Options

Turbo Fire!
  • j_zanzig
    Options
    First I wanted to say..I really like how this is a week by week thing. I do better with short term goals! I made my little ticker and I am ready to move! lol

Today I burned 537 cals but I was over on my sodium by 537.(couldn't do that again if I tried!) .. I didn't see this post till after I ate the hotdogs. Yikes they were high!!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in.... the exercise is easy. Cutting sodium will be HARD for me!!!!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I am in, It will be super hard to cut the sodium, but I will try. And I needed an excuse to get off my but and burn more calories.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi all - glad to see that you're all posting already.

Welcome to day 2!!! How was day 1?!??! Had a pretty bad day emotionally and just didn't feel like eating (something VERY new for me). I've also noticed that the foods that are low in sodium are low in calories.

For me, I'm trying to stay away from processed food - easier said than done. That frozen dinner is so much easier to make than grilling something or making a salad. I guess the time I save using the microwave will cost me in the gym in the long run. lol. I'm a big salad person, so I have that going for me. The problem is the dressing. I like the salad spritzers. I also only use 1tbsp of dressing when I have bottled stuff. I measure 1 tbsp and put some water in it to make there be a little more to put on my salad. Another great tip is to look up menus before you go out. OMG!!! Even Subway is loaded with sodium -I think veggie on wheat has 400+mg of sodium. That's huge. Also, if you hate veggies, try them with hummus. I use 1tbsp of hummus mixed with something else (like hellava dip) and it's pretty good.

Exercise:
    4000 seems huge, doesn't it? Not when you do 570 calories a day each day. That's a few miles or about 1 hour on the eliptical. I like to mix up my exercises. Just finished the 30 Day Shred and am starting P90X. But, I also like to run and do the eliptical (it's so nice to hop on that machine and watch a TV show or the news).
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    4000?
    is that including your daily what youd normally burn or is this purely additional exercise that you undertake?

Hey lady - however you log your calories burned now. If you count everything (like cleaning, gardening, etc), that's ok. If you only log your exercise time, that's ok too. I only log my exercise, but that's just me!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Well much better on sodium today, I was really watching it, 1669mg today only. Exercise I burned 514 calories so my two day total is 1161, so I am close to being on pace for exercise, might still go for another walk tonight.
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Had a good day! Burned 614 calories and was under the sodium goal. I just kept track of my sodium on my own, but is there any way to add it as a column in my food diary? I couldn't figure out how!

Also, I realized I probably won't be able to get to 4000 calories this week because I am going out of town from Fri-Mon to see a friend. We will be doing a lot of walking, so that might help, but it will be tough to find exercise time. I am excited for next week's goal though! Thanks for setting this up Mo!
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Doing well with sodium the past two days! Increasing my workout time, ran/walked about 7 miles today which is a record for me. Going to a spinning class tomorrow night so hopefully I'll burn some major cals during that. This challenge is really keeping me motivated, thanks!