Lost 50lbs, gained 15 back.

Options
Long story short I used MFP over 2015-2016 to lose 50 lbs. life got in the way and over 2017 I’ve gained 15 back. Due to my inactivity my newsfeed got less active too. I’d love to add some supportive people who can help motivate me to finish what I started!

Replies

• eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Or feel free to add me too. I don’t want to be the person who loses the weight just to gain it back :s
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I enjoy being supportive in the newsfeed!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'll add you, I need more weight loss buddies!
  • kissedbythesunlight
    Options
    Omg same boat here. I started in 2015 and lost 50lbs. This year I gained back 20of them. Started back here again to lose the 20. I didn't realize how much a difference 20lbs make until I went back and looked at my old pics. It makes a difference for sure and I want it gone lol.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    i will add you. i lost 101 lbs and gained 30 back.
  • Christine_2017
    Christine_2017 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Added! You can all do it ❤️
  • LexiKazoo95
    LexiKazoo95 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know what that feels like! Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • _julianne_fiastro
    _julianne_fiastro Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I started on January 3, 2017 - lost about 50 in 7 months plateaued and gained about 10 back over the summer.

• eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Omg same boat here. I started in 2015 and lost 50lbs. This year I gained back 20of them. Started back here again to lose the 20. I didn't realize how much a difference 20lbs make until I went back and looked at my old pics. It makes a difference for sure and I want it gone lol.

tjulgrim wrote: »
    I'll add you. I started on January 3, 2017 - lost about 50 in 7 months plateaued and gained about 10 back over the summer.

Omg it’s so comforting to see others in the same situation! Thanks for adding me. Can’t wait to finish what we started
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • willpowerallgone
    willpowerallgone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i lost 60lbs but have gained 24 back, any help and support would be greatly appreciated
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I lost 48lbs from my total of 66lbs but then I ended up gaining 17lbs back! I'm currently in the process of losing the last 30lbs. I need lots of motivation too!
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options

I know when I look at pictures from 2 years ago I'm like what happened? Lol. Also clothes are feeling tight too. But we will slowly get there!
  • basmith1956
    basmith1956 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also lost 50 pounds, kept it off for several years and now over the course of several more years have gained 25 back. It is so frustrating. I know what I need to do but either don't seem to have the energy or time to workout to the level I need to. Today I am starting a concentrated effort and I need support of others with similar frustration and goals.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    It happens. Taking our eye off the ball will probably be a common theme throughout our lives with one thing or another. The key is to just get right back on it when we are able, and it seems like you're back in the zone :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I also lost 50 pounds, kept it off for several years and now over the course of several more years have gained 25 back. It is so frustrating. I know what I need to do but either don't seem to have the energy or time to workout to the level I need to. Today I am starting a concentrated effort and I need support of others with similar frustration and goals.

@basmith1956 You don't need to work out to lose/maintain (although it is good for health/maintaining muscle), you just need to stick to your calorie allowance, I have found that a lot of people I know who have re-gained after a big loss have done so as a result from rushing the weight loss part in an unsustainable way (i.e. being overly restrictive or losing weight too fast) and they don't give too much thought to how they are going to maintain the loss, so when they lost the weight they slipped back into the way they ate before.
  • hlzy11
    hlzy11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've got about 20pounds to lose mostly gained pre and post pregnancy. Really want to get back to feeling good about what I see in the mirror!
  • fussybritches2
    fussybritches2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just posted for the first time today because I'm struggling to find my motivation! I keep gaining and losing the same five pounds and just can't seem to get my head in the game! I'll add you to my friends too! I keep my diary public to keep me honest
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Me too. Lost 30 in 2015 and spent 2 years putting it all back on again. I knew I needed to get back on, but something in me kept fighting it. This time I'm going for 50 and will work on maintenance much longer once I get there.
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I prefer to look at it as you still have lost 35. Now you want to lose more. When I think of it the other way it can get self defeating for me.