Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sexting?cheating?

Replies

• NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    I have to agree with most everyone else it depends on your relationship. I have some friends who are poly and it works for them, but my bf consider setting other people beyond what we're comfortable with.

* sexting
    Sorry for the millions of typos

I'm willing to let you lick me @ChiChiDoesStuff

I'll lick you you too....

• ChiChiDoesStuff
    ChiChiDoesStuff Posts: 90 Member
    NYactor1 wrote: »
    I have to agree with most everyone else it depends on your relationship. I have some friends who are poly and it works for them, but my bf consider setting other people beyond what we're comfortable with.

* sexting

Ummm...no thanks...
    Like I said committed relationship, that isn't poly...
  • NYactor1

* sexting

Ummm...no thanks...

Oh....that got awkward...sorry hun
  • ChiChiDoesStuff

* sexting

Ummm...no thanks...

At least you apologize. Earlier there was this dude who wouldn't let me or anyone alone. He couldn't catch a single clue. So it's nice that someone is willing to apologize when they go to far.
  • ChiChiDoesStuff

* sexting

Ummm...no thanks...

At least you apologize. Earlier there was this dude who wouldn't let me or anyone alone. He couldn't catch a single clue. So it's nice that someone is willing to apologize when they go to far.

Depends how you interpret that comment though..your 'too far' isto me 'that guy's joking'.

I'm choosing to believe the best in people. Lol. If I didn't do that sometimes I would crumble into a puddle of lost hope.
  • NYactor1

* sexting

Ummm...no thanks...

Depends how you interpret that comment though..your 'too far' isto me 'that guy's joking'.

I'm choosing to believe the best in people. Lol. If I didn't do that sometimes I would crumble into a puddle of lost hope.

Hey babe...I don't want you to crumble....I'll hold you up and treat you as the princess you are ...
  • ChiChiDoesStuff

* sexting

Ummm...no thanks...

Ok. Puddle of lost hope :| Probably best to take comments with a grain of salt when choosing to participate in Chit Chat and Fun & Games threads.

Yeah I learned that. Lol. Then again most things on the internet ,I've learned, should be taken with a grain of salt.
  • ChiChiDoesStuff

* sexting

Ummm...no thanks...

Ok. Puddle of lost hope :| Probably best to take comments with a grain of salt when choosing to participate in Chit Chat and Fun & Games threads.

How you doin?

Great after you told off that lady who was being rude earlier.
  • ChiChiDoesStuff
    and avoid @Will_Run_4_Food..the guy's a sexting maniac..he uses emoticons in ways that'll make you hella thursty!

*becomes a deeper puddle*
  • NYactor1
    and avoid @Will_Run_4_Food..the guy's a sexting maniac..he uses emoticons in ways that'll make you hella thursty!

*becomes a deeper puddle*

Willing to show you my deeper **kitten**
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member

Your disgust and disdain for anyone that doesn't live under whatever belief system you have makes you a not very nice person. Have some tolerance and respect for others that are different from you. It will improve your stress level and overall health. Thread after thread you cut people down. That's not cool.

This is very well said. There have been several threads like this, asking the same question but in a different form of words. Each time, we see people split into the predictable camps; either it's not a problem or there's a harsh judgment against it.

I'm okay with people disagreeing. If we all had the same opinion, the forum wouldn't be all that interesting. Being disrespectful should never be acceptable. I feel sad for people who are always cutting down others. It says a lot about their inability to find joy within themselves.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    I think some people associate Flirting with the other and they are nothing in comparison
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Yes.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    edited October 2017
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    Sexting is lusting after another person. It's verbalizing what you're desires are for them. It's cheating. I don't care if the are poly or swingers.. it's disgusting to not remain committed to one person.

I find other people, who don't know me at all, judging me and forcing their own belief systems on me disgusting. If my wife and I chose to live a certain way, and we choose to engage with other consenting adults who live a similar lifestyle, the who are you to call it disgusting?

Well said...I do think that it is up to all parties concerned to define "cheating" "sexting"...whatever. As long as everyone is honest with themselves and honest with each other...that is the main point. It is only hurtful or disgusting (to me) when people lie about intentions, etc. At what point does flirting become sexting? At what point does any of it become cheating? Depends on each persons definition. And to simply say "it's disgusting" or whatever without caveats...to me, seems rather narrow minded...but they have every right to their opinion...Just as I do
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    why don't you ask your partner?
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Oh great...we are doing this again this week. Nice. It had been a while since we judged people and called them disgusting for being different from us.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    edited October 2017
    "Cheating" means breaking a set of rules, so this is going to be 100% dependent on the rules you and your partner(s) agree on. Unless it's with your partner, I think that's pretty safely not cheating in everyone's book.

If you're not comfortable asking your partner if it's okay for you to sext with other people, my guess is that you already know they wouldn't be comfortable with that, but that's conjecture on my part.

If you feel the need to judge other people's relationships that don't have anything to do with you and don't hurt anyone (e.g. poly people or swingers), then you should probably spend some time thinking about why you care enough to call them "disgusting" and make other judgements on the internet. You may have a personal issue you haven't addressed, or you may just need a hobby. Mind your own.
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    sexting isnt cheating. there, i said it. get over it - Look, there's a puppy~

g2zed05npw89.jpg
  • BusyHippie
    BusyHippie Posts: 64 Member
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    Sexting is lusting after another person. It's verbalizing what you're desires are for them. It's cheating. I don't care if the are poly or swingers.. it's disgusting to not remain committed to one person.

As a person who is married and polyamorous, I hear this alot. Lots of judgment, lots of misunderstanding, and a lot of hatred. I'm sorry you feel that the way my wife and I are happiest in life is disgusting. I have nothing but love for you, internet stranger.

As for OP, talk to your partner, make clear boundaries and stay within them, and most importantly always be honest. Every relationship is different. This is an impossible question to answer.