... you might be addicted to MFP.

Options

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you lug four bags of groceries, over 300 pounds of free weights, door mounted chin up bar, push up stands, P90X DVDs, weight bands, food scale, digital floor scale, three jugs of protein powders, a weighted vest, an 8 pound medicine ball, your P90X workout book, a printer (to print workout sheets), and enough workout clothes to keep your routine intact on a two week business trip..you might just be addicted to MFP, P90X, and being fit and healthy in general!!!

I even logged my burn for hauling all of that $H1T into my hotel...

If one of your main goals in life is to log 365 straight days on MFP...you might be addicted to MFP!

When you found your soulmate (like I did) on a diet and exercise site...you might be addicted to MFP!

When you try to explain what an NSV is to a non-MFPer...you might be addicted to MFP!

When you play with the new bar code scanner on the iPhone app just to see it work...you might be addicted to MFP...

I could go on and on and on...LOL!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    When your log in count is over 500 days.....:blushing:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    When you're on a non-date and your MFP friends are still suggesting ways to sneak away (in case he's a creeper) well into the date, you might be addicted to MFP.

*Thanks friends! I had to actually explain MFP to him and he (at first) thought it was something...um, hinky. Which....it can be ;) *
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    When you can eyeball the weight of any food item to the tenth of a gram.

When "cycling" is associated with calorie intake, instead of a recreational sport or leisure activity.

When seeing the term "starvation mode" makes you cringe in severe testicular/ovarian pain.

When you use http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com on sight as an automatic answer to any thread [un]deserving of The URL.

When the forums quake when taso42 answers in his usual fashion.

When the boards start invoking anubis609 to bless a thread with his presence.

When nut butter threads become the topics of legend.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When you log in your night of drinking at 5 AM, while having "the spins" laying in bed before passing out.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you might be addicted to MFP when you can prepare/pre log meals for the following week :tongue:

Laughingdani = winner
  • Dmax12
    Dmax12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If immediately after "sexy time" you roll over, grab your smartphone and log it, you might be addicted to MFP.

Just one word... awesome
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    OMG this is funny as hell!!

....when you are almost late to work every day cause you are "catching up" your thread.
    ....when you take 30min to pick from a menu...just so you can go on your phone and make sure that the cals are ok.
    .....when you spend every break at work on MFP answering threads like this!!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you find yourslef correcting people's exaggerations like "I just burned 1,000 calories mowing the yard",,, you might be addicted to MFP

When you get upset because someone through away a food wrapper before you could log the info... you might be addicted to MFP

If your wrist feels naked without your HRM on... you might be addicted to MFP

If you notice you're spending more and more money on sports and workout equipment... you might be addicted to MFP
    This last one has really been getting me... I actually get excited to go to Academy Sports and Outdoors now...
  • Dmax12
    Dmax12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When you eat something simply because you ate it yesterday and will be easy to log ~ You might be addicted to MFP
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    You might be addicted to MFP when you, your husband, aunt, uncle, and two co-workers have joined because of you!

You might be addicted to MFP if the first thing you do in the morning is check the news feeds and comment on people's successes and the last thing before bed is check the news feeds to comment successes!
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    ....When during class you're chatting, posting and replying to your MFP buddies!
    .... When you feel guilty for not checking MPF every hour!
    LOL
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    When you think you've been on MFP for 10 minutes and instead, 2 hours have gone by and you look down and your dog is giving you this crazy, glossy eyed, impatient mad look.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When your spouse points out that you have mentioned MFP more than five different times in the last hour..... you might be addicted.

-or-

You refer to the "My Fitness Pal" website as MFP.... you might be addicted.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    you might be addicted to MFP if you check the recent posts and my topics MORE than you do acutal work... at work.. and you have PLENTY to do.....heh.....

I'm plead the fifth

When your log in count is over 500 days.....

WOW, very impressive.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    When you smash your iphone and your main concern is how you will be able to access the MFP app and then you sign up to a ridiculous contract so you can afford a new one sooner and get the reassurance of having MFP in your pocket back - you might be addicted to MFP

When you are at a restaurant and you order something with no cheese and dressing on the side, or you head out for a run in the rain and all you friends roll their eyes at you and you think "my mfp friends will understand" - you might be addicted to MFP
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    When you are at a restaurant and you order something with no cheese and dressing on the side, or you head out for a run in the rain and all you friends roll their eyes at you and you think "my mfp friends will understand" - you might be addicted to MFP

haha I like that one
  • greensnow
    Options
    When you log in your night of drinking at 5 AM, while having "the spins" laying in bed before passing out.

Hahaha I do this intoxicated on the floor :P

Also.. starting to know how many calories are in basic foods off by heart

In the lunch room at work rough estimating how many calories would be in other peoples lunches lol!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options

YES! The lady at my local coffee shop now knows I am a counter and every day when I go in she fires "how much is in the muffin?", "how many in 2 poached eggs and a piece of toast?" at me, like I'm on a quiz show. I always know the answer so I think I - might be addicted to MFP :P
  • chrisdavey
    Options

YES! The lady at my local coffee shop now knows I am a counter and every day when I go in she fires "how much is in the muffin?", "how many in 2 poached eggs and a piece of toast?" at me, like I'm on a quiz show. I always know the answer so I think I - might be addicted to MFP :P

LOL! I get that from family members but not store people.

Definitely do the drunken logging thing from time to time :P Have to log it all for some good reporting accuracy!