Intermittent Fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't know if what I am doing technically counts as IF but I generally only eat between noon and 6 pm. This schedule hasn't really been intentional but I have zero desire to eat right when I wake up. I started pushing "breakfast" back until I actually felt hungry and have ended up with what I've been doing. The only time I ever feel hungry is right before "breakfast". The rest of the day I'm perfectly fine. Unless I'm up all night for work...then I get hungry around 2 am and will eat something then, but that isn't a common occurrence.
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Aerona85 wrote: »
    I don't know if what I am doing technically counts as IF but I generally only eat between noon and 6 pm. This schedule hasn't really been intentional but I have zero desire to eat right when I wake up. I started pushing "breakfast" back until I actually felt hungry and have ended up with what I've been doing. The only time I ever feel hungry is right before "breakfast". The rest of the day I'm perfectly fine. Unless I'm up all night for work...then I get hungry around 2 am and will eat something then, but that isn't a common occurrence.

It sounds like you're doing it without trying! Haha good job
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started 16:8 the second week of September, combined with planning out my meals and walking 5 km each evening. The weight is definitely coming off. IF has helped me eat much more consciously. Some days it's more like 18:6 because I am committed to not eating after 6 pm. Beyond the weight loss, I'm feeling lighter, healthier and more rested and energetic. It may not work for everyone, but it really fits my lifestyle and allows for healthy family dinners every night. And we go out for lunch at least once on the weekends; I haven't felt deprived or starving once. (A little hungry in the mornings, but it's actually nice to feel hunger pangs once in a while, makes me appreciate my meals a lot more!)
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8-18:6, 7 days a week. It just helps me feel like I have more calories since I typically eat 2 larger meals and a hefty snack vs 6 small meals. Doing this has helped me not to think about food 24/7 like waiting to eat every 2-3 hours did.

I do well with guidelines so having a feeding window is working very well for me :)
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We are all doing great