Will leg chafing go away as someone loses weight?

Options
Ya girl has a pair of thunder thighs and painful leg chafing from them. Just wondering if as I lose weight, that chafing will go away? Cause it's annoying as heck. And I don't remember if I had that back in my skinny days. Or could my legs be like shaped to where I'm inevitably going to chafe regardless?

Replies

• Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Both. My chafing is almost gone. But it can be possible that its just the way they are. I'm sure however it will improve with weight loss. Good luck :)
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 120lbs and I my thighs still rub together. I make sure my running gear covers the chubby part of my thighs.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    mine went away for a bit and then came back hah. Makes no logical sense xD
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes! It will get better eventually, but I still am careful on hot days wearing skirts/dresses & use body glide or at least some Gold Bond powder to be safe. I also try not to wear those items when I know I need to do a ton of walking in hot/humid weather bc it’s still a risk :-)
  • felinevintage
    felinevintage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bandelettes. Game changer for chub rub. Body Glide is good too. But mine has got better, I don't need anything now and I am generous of thigh naturally with my body shape. Didn't have any issues in Florida earlier this year and you basically are just in a permanent state of sweaty mess. The freedom of not having it anymore is brilliant but in the meantime, Bandelettes for the win.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Unless you have an unnatural thigh gap (who really has that?) I think it's a fact of a woman's life in hot weather no matter your size. I discovered Jockey slimmies slipshorts a few years ago. Lightweight and breathable and they come in different lengths. I ditched all my old slips and only wear those with skirts or dresses now. I also wear a lot of skorts in the summertime.

cc2vytwk5bgi.jpg

ETA: these are not super snug like spanx, but they do give you a nice smooth line under clothes.

I could hardly say I have a thigh gap but mine don't rub anymore. They used to rub, itch, bleed and develop hive like chafing. Yuck. I found cotton biker shorts worked just as well.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ah, chub rub. My summer enemy. I do find that a stick deodorant (like Lady Speedstick) helps a lot.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Yes, but get compression shorts and butt butter or body glide until then
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, signed in the wrong way and automagically created a new account. The above is me!

Haha, I was all 'omg someone's copied your name!!'.

This past summer, when I was in a particularly bad eczema flare, I had horrendous chaffing about mid thigh. I'd gained a little bit of weight, but I still don't think enough for that alone to be the cause. I actually think it was the fabric of my shorts rubbing against my skin. It was all kinds of horrible, especially since I was day hiking a lot, and didn't want to wear longer leggings because then I'd overheat. Also not helped by trying some lovely eco-friendly nappy rash stuff on it and discovering I was allergic to that :|
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Girl I have lost 25 pounds I was 158 now I'm at 133 and I will tell you I have saddlebags on the inside of my thighs which haven't shrunk at all! The rest of my leg is skinny! I still chaf :|:/
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Oh and to save some people money if they want I looked up Bandelettes and you can buy them on the wish app for 2$
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It should get better, possibly disappear entirely. I always wear spandex shorts under my skirts because the chub rub struggle is real.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Bandelettes. Unlike shorts they don't add an extra layer when what you want is as few layers as possible.

ep28ucnncpg4.jpg

Don't they roll down? I've never been able to keep things from rolling on my thigh, including the cotton shorts I wear for cycling in the summer....
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    katsheare wrote: »
    Seriously, Bandelettes. Unlike shorts they don't add an extra layer when what you want is as few layers as possible.

ep28ucnncpg4.jpg

Don't they roll down? I've never been able to keep things from rolling on my thigh, including the cotton shorts I wear for cycling in the summer....

Nope. They're magical. I was 220lbs at my biggest and no roll. I'm also not sure the $2 rip offs on Wish mentioned above would be anywhere near the same quality but I guess for $2 it's no big loss if they're rubbish.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

ep28ucnncpg4.jpg

Probably a silly question, but are those like thigh-high stockings? Or just a lacy band around the thigh with the leg bare?