Will leg chafing go away as someone loses weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Unless you have an unnatural thigh gap (who really has that?) I think it's a fact of a woman's life in hot weather no matter your size. I discovered Jockey slimmies slipshorts a few years ago. Lightweight and breathable and they come in different lengths. I ditched all my old slips and only wear those with skirts or dresses now. I also wear a lot of skorts in the summertime.

cc2vytwk5bgi.jpg

ETA: these are not super snug like spanx, but they do give you a nice smooth line under clothes.

This.

Bandalletes don't stay up on me and the sticky strips actually hurt me more.

I have a pair of these in white and wear it under my dresses/skirts. Super smooth and breathable. Mine even have lace at the top and have that weird "no seam" thing at the bottom hems so that you can barely tell where they start if you're wearing something tight. 20/10 would recommend.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Bandelettes. Unlike shorts they don't add an extra layer when what you want is as few layers as possible.

ep28ucnncpg4.jpg

Probably a silly question, but are those like thigh-high stockings? Or just a lacy band around the thigh with the leg bare?

Just a band. You have to make sure not to use any moisturiser/lotion where you'll be wearing them or they will slip and roll. I would put them on and then just lotion/sunscreen around them. And as long as I wasn't trying to wear them too close to my butt cheek no rolling, you need to play around with the positioning to get them right for you.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Bandelettes. Unlike shorts they don't add an extra layer when what you want is as few layers as possible.

ep28ucnncpg4.jpg

Probably a silly question, but are those like thigh-high stockings? Or just a lacy band around the thigh with the leg bare?

Just a band. You have to make sure not to use any moisturiser/lotion where you'll be wearing them or they will slip and roll. I would put them on and then just lotion/sunscreen around them. And as long as I wasn't trying to wear them too close to my butt cheek no rolling, you need to play around with the positioning to get them right for you.

Do they have that rubber stuff like hold ups do? I could never keep them up.

I swear by the shorts Uniqlo have, very light, not compressing and easy to wash. I don't think I'll ever slim my way out of rubbing even when I was a teenager it was a problem.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    As a fat man, chafing does not go away, wear the protective clothing as advised

I am (menswear of course), can do what I like and get no chafing
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    MaybeLed wrote: »

ep28ucnncpg4.jpg

I swear by the shorts Uniqlo have, very light, not compressing and easy to wash. I don't think I'll ever slim my way out of rubbing even when I was a teenager it was a problem.

They do have the rubber but for whatever reason it is nothing like stocking hold ups in its roll factor. I have never gotten up with hold up stockings either but these have always been perfect. Obviously they do stretch and lose their ability after a few wears but otherwise I never had an issue in the Florida heat with them.
  • JBizness
    JBizness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't run without wearing skins (either shorts or full leg), but any sort of compression shorts/pants should do the trick.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    They could be rubbish for 2$ but I have bought some very very nice things I've used continuously for very cheap off there. But I don't know about those
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Unless you have an unnatural thigh gap (who really has that?) I think it's a fact of a woman's life in hot weather no matter your size. I discovered Jockey slimmies slipshorts a few years ago. Lightweight and breathable and they come in different lengths. I ditched all my old slips and only wear those with skirts or dresses now. I also wear a lot of skorts in the summertime.

cc2vytwk5bgi.jpg

ETA: these are not super snug like spanx, but they do give you a nice smooth line under clothes.

I love wearing these things. Used to be I needed them for thigh chafing, but I still wear them though I don't need them for that because they prevent losses of modesty should I fall or the wind blow up.

also.. I now have a thigh gap, it's natural, and probably a consequence of my very wide hips coupled with greatly slimmed-down legs from hiking all the time. I personally think it looks very strange and prefer wearing clothes that hide it now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,080 Member
    Options
    My chafing went away with weight loss . . . but I did get the quasi-mythical thigh gap that I thought only Photoshop could create, despite being 60 years old at the time and not caring in the slightest about anything of that nature. ;)
  • walkedinburgh
    walkedinburgh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a problem with chub rub this summer after losing 16lb, but in previous years I bought cheap supermarket tights and cut them off at the knees to make shorts like the ones above. Did the trick!
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    MaybeLed wrote: »

ep28ucnncpg4.jpg

They do have the rubber but for whatever reason it is nothing like stocking hold ups in its roll factor. I have never gotten up with hold up stockings either but these have always been perfect. Obviously they do stretch and lose their ability after a few wears but otherwise I never had an issue in the Florida heat with them.

I'll have to investigate, I do struggle with anything that comes in pairs however...
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I didn't have a problem with chub rub this summer after losing 16lb, but in previous years I bought cheap supermarket tights and cut them off at the knees to make shorts like the ones above. Did the trick!

I totally did this before Bandelettes too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I used to have it but now it went away when I toned up my thighs. It will get better.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, my thighs rubbed and got rashy in the heat. At my lowest weight (and goal I WILL return to) my thighs weren't even close to each other. 24 lbs from my goal... my thighs sometimes bump each other if I'm in a tight skirt, but that's it.