Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
Now that Halloween is right around the corner I want to hear ALL the ghost stories.

Tell me your best!

The other one isn't bumping.
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10464709/ghost-stories-i-want-to-hear-your-best/p1

There's a bunch of new people. Any new or interesting ghost stories?

g7xq0j2aemrl.gif

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    My favorite part of October :naughty:

Mine too. I spent most of yesterday watching cheesy scary netflix movies.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Once upon a time, I was dating a boy named Chris. High school sweethearts type of thing, we were both pretty young. On the day that Chris and I were supposed to go get our drivers licenses, his uncle found him barricaded in his bedroom with a single shotgun wound to his head. Destroyed me. Compounded by the fact that Chris left me a note that his parents and mine decided was best not to give me. I still don’t know why. Now, I wasn’t necessarily always sober at the time but soon after his death I felt like I could feel him come to visit me and let me know he was ok. I was not afraid and it was always very comforting. A few nights after his funeral I woke to my alarm clock flashing. But instead of it flashing 12:00 12:00 12:00 like it would when we lost power, it was flashing 2:13. This number holds no significance to me but it weirded me out a little bit and I figured Chris was messing with me. Later in the week a group of my friends decide we are going to contact Chris via ouija board. I told only my best friend about the alarm clock and insisted that she not have her hands on the planchette when I tried to contact him. There were several others playing but no one knew about the alarm clock. So when we were certain that we had contacted chris, I asked him if he had been visiting me. The planchette scrolled over the number 213, 213, 213 until I took my hand off. Was it him? Was I subconsciously moving it? No one else could have known. It was oddly comforting and I don’t recall him visiting me much after that. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

I am so sorry for your loss , that is so sad.
    Did you ever find out what was written in his note to you?

Never did.

Wow! My condolences to your loss as well. I don't mean to take away from your story, but only to relate a little bit. My brother was like my second father, because of the age difference. So, it hit me really hard when he passed. One night I was crying for him, because things were going so freaking good for me, that I wish he was here to see it. I was on my laptop messaging friends on facebook, and all of the sudden the song for 3 doors down, "Here without you" started playing on it (which was a song that he liked a lot). I had no open windows and have not clicked on any media files with music or videos. I was freaking out.. closed everything out, still played. Looked to make sure that I didn't have any tabs opened, none to be found. Unplugged it, of course battery was charged, so that did nothing.. Only stopped when I shut down the computer completely. Yes, it could have been some kind of glitch that I didn't see, but for some reason, it still gave me a peace. Like I knew he was there watching me.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited October 2017
    Back in the 90's I was attending high school. My mother had purchased a home close to my school so I didn't need to take the bus.

Grandma and I moved in with her and each of us had our own room. It was a long, single story, hacienda style home. Enough space for all of us, plus seven cats and three dogs, to comfortably live in.

It was the newest built of all the houses in the area. Most were from the 1950's. It was built on an empty lot at the end of a dead end street.

After many months, we had all settled in. At that time I was struggling with classes and my teen angst had me curious for an edgy lifestyle. Think voodoo masks, dark music, and skull decore. I would stay up late listening to Metallica, Type O Negative, or Cradle of filth while smoking cigarettes in my room (my family didn't know).

One night I decided to blow out my candles early, after writing some very dark poetry, and called it a night. Crawling into bed I turned my lamp off and stared across the room into the darkness. After a while my eyes adjusted to the night. I could see the shape of my furniture. I tried rolling over...but that's when I felt it.

It was a sudden sinking and urgent dread. Like I was being watched by something and my life was at risk. My eyes drifted over to the corner of my room where the door met the wall. An extremely tall and humanoid shape had outlined in that corner. It was as dark and solid as my dresser and it's head nearly touched the ceiling.

It didn't move and my thoughts raced as to what the *kitten* I should do. It was blocking the door and my instinct told me to bolt but my body was stiff from shock. What if it attacks? I thought. I felt frozen in time and terror. I was so paralyzed with fear I didn't scream. There was no noise but only the racing heartbeat in my ears. It just stood there watching me. After a moment I threw my cover over my head and waited. Silence.

I knew it was still there. I thought if I pretended to go to bed it would leave me alone. I laid there without moving the entire night. I must have fallen asleep around dawn because that morning was the absolute last time I ever slept in that room. I reported everything I saw and felt to my mother. She was very religious and agreed and let me sleep on the couch in her room. She too later admitted to seeing things in that home also. She didn't want to tell me as to not make me upset. We only stayed two years there and happily moved into a condo that was previously occupied by a catholic bishop. After that move I felt a lift from my shoulders. Looking back I do believe something was off about that house.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    It's October, the ghosts are more active this month. Anything going on?
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    I moved into a house I was told was haunted. (I had little choice in the matter, long story.) It was in a town labelled "The Most Haunted Town In America". I was told to talk to the "spirit" to avoid trouble. When I moved in, I spoke out loud as I was unpacking. Things like "It's a beautiful house, I won't mess it up...I'm only here for a short while...please don't scare my dog, she won't chew anything up...Please, don't ever show yourself to me..." stuff like that. I lived alone in this fully furnished, three story house built after the civil war. I heard footsteps constantly. I was watching TV at night in the living room, my dog asleep on the couch next to me. I heard footsteps come down the grand staircase and stop at the front door which was out of my view. My dog heard it too, got down and walked to the front door and looked. Then she came back and laid down. Another instance, she woke up from the couch, walked purposefully into the other room. Then I saw her ball come bouncing into view, her chasing after it shortly. Dog woke from a dead sleep to start playing...not normal for her. Another time I was using the half bathroom under the main staircase. I heard footsteps down the stairs, and the front door open and close. I was alone. Never saw anything though. Seemed to be a pretty cool ghost. lol
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Once upon a time, I was dating a boy named Chris. High school sweethearts type of thing, we were both pretty young. On the day that Chris and I were supposed to go get our drivers licenses, his uncle found him barricaded in his bedroom with a single shotgun wound to his head. Destroyed me. Compounded by the fact that Chris left me a note that his parents and mine decided was best not to give me. I still don’t know why. Now, I wasn’t necessarily always sober at the time but soon after his death I felt like I could feel him come to visit me and let me know he was ok. I was not afraid and it was always very comforting. A few nights after his funeral I woke to my alarm clock flashing. But instead of it flashing 12:00 12:00 12:00 like it would when we lost power, it was flashing 2:13. This number holds no significance to me but it weirded me out a little bit and I figured Chris was messing with me. Later in the week a group of my friends decide we are going to contact Chris via ouija board. I told only my best friend about the alarm clock and insisted that she not have her hands on the planchette when I tried to contact him. There were several others playing but no one knew about the alarm clock. So when we were certain that we had contacted chris, I asked him if he had been visiting me. The planchette scrolled over the number 213, 213, 213 until I took my hand off. Was it him? Was I subconsciously moving it? No one else could have known. It was oddly comforting and I don’t recall him visiting me much after that. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

You lost power and you woke up 2 hours and 13 minutes after it came back on.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I have lots of ghost stories, but my favorite is the ghost who pushed me down the stairs. I was in a towel heading down to my bedroom...2 stairs. My brother and husband were in the bd. Suddenly at the top of the stair, I felt a hand on my back and I was pushed. Fell down the stairs and the towel fell off. Hilarity ensued. Later that night I dreamed that someone was speaking to me. The ghost. I asked why he pushed me. He said you aren't paying attention to me.
  • unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    There was this one time when people believed in ghosts, it was a scary time.
  • unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    Lol get mad :)
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I was driving home one night around midnight when I still lived at home with my mom about 22 years ago. I saw a kid around 8 years old chasing a basketball across the road. I slammed on breaks locking my tires up and sliding to a stop. After I stopped I couldn't see the kid anywhere. I even got out of my truck to look. My heart was beating really fast because I thought I almost hit this kid. I finally got myself together and drove the rest of the way home. I told my mom about it the next day and described the location. She said that's about the spot where a little boy got ran over about a year before.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Also..
    I had a friend from Chicago that moved to a small town in Maine. His family met some friendly locals there and started trying to "blend in" Anyway, he said their family cat got killed accidentally. So a new friend advises them to bury it in the ground near the old pet cemetery. The cat returns to life, but its personality changed for the worse. So then my friends brother dies tragically, and they decide to bury the boy's body in the same ground despite being warned. Anyway, he comes back to life!