I can't stop eating bad food.

Options
I think I'm addicted...:( Does anyone else feel the same way ?

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a "bad" food?

Are you still coming in under your calorie goal?

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/zmvwb4/eating-clean-wont-make-you-any-healthier
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I think we can agree that eating human is a big no-no. Therefore human flesh = bad food.

Well, we ARE made of meat...
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    When I say bad food
    ..Let me elaborate...*fast food and high sugar foods* ...I thought that was pretty obvious. If you eat one huge thing then you will be starving the rest of the day trying to make the calorie deficit. So I'm curious if anyone else struggles with food addiction (eating too much to compensate for other things ) as you guys clearly don't understand.

Nah, I get it (craft beer is my bad food); I just try to make sure I keep consumption to a moderate amount and run/bike to offset the calories. Other than that, I don't worry about it too much.
  • albertaro
    albertaro Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Start cooking for yourself. Eat as often as you can at home and learn to prepare your own food. It's very difficult to make "healthy choices" when you smell fried foods sizzling. Don't bring junk food into the house. Cravings are natural if those are the foods you've been used to eating. You have to wean yourself from those and replace them with healthier alternatives. You are doing good to be thinking about the cravings and wanting to change.

I think everyone feels like you do. Cravings can also be hormonal.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I think I'm addicted...:( Does anyone else feel the same way ?

Do you eat the same things all the time? It's okay to eat the food you enjoy, but perhaps you need to monitor your portion sizes and the calorie content.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Read up on nutrition, start creating and cooking easy and nutritious meals, and discover why you go for "bad" foods. Is it laziness, convenience, emotional, etc. Work on your trigger and change the habit. And as others have said, focus on logging your calories.