what do you put in your eggs ?

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This was a lazy one. I didn't saute onions like I usually do, I just microwaved cauliflower and pepper to soften and that's all. Eggs have a white "skin" on top of yolks but are soft poached.

d5vlvqhnrzjb.png
    o24mpevvmctl.jpg
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with pepperjack cheese and salsa on top. I ate that with toast and bacon last night for dinner. (diary is open).
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make a casserole with roasted zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, yellow squash, red peppers and asparagus.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    • Hot sauce (the hotter, the better)
    • Peppers
    • Spinach
    • Adobo seasoning
    • Mrs. Dash Table Blend
    • Garlic
    • Onions (my grandpa did this with his hard fried eggs)
    • Zucchini
    • Mushrooms (my favorite along with hot sauce)
    • Avocado
  • BrickFox
    BrickFox Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Over easy w/ salt and red pepper flakes. Sriracha on top.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Usually top scrambled eggs with avocado and either green chile sauce or a good salsa...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Salt, garlic pepper, cheese, buttered toast, and more eggs.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Peppers, mushrooms, chicken, leftover ground beef/taco meat, tomatoes, spinach, jalapenos.
    I'll top it off with ketchup, dijon mustard, hot sauce and/or BBQ sauce.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had spanish omelette today and it was one of the most filling omelettes I have ever eaten. Give it a try if you get a chance.

I will have to try this It certainly sound eggcellent !!!!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Green onions and salsa as already suggested but there are a lot of salsa variations that can be tried.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon & a good cheese
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    left overs from the night before - esp. like to add taco meat to a scramble with some peppers or salsa.
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i scramble mine with spinage, then addin a splash of texas pete, and about 4 tablespoons of salsa once they are cooked.. then i let the salsa eggs cook an additional 2 mins.
  • onthefitdisc
    onthefitdisc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I sautee mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach and cheese. I eat it with toast, and sometimes on top of a Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime burger for 17 extra grams of protein. Breakfast is my favorite meal! And sometimes my biggest of the day :smile:
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    spinach, red and/or green pepper, sausage, cheese, mushrooms, taco meat, chorizo, jalapeño, salsa--it just depends. Most frequently (e.g. today) is spinach and sausage with cheese. If I am out and about, I ask for whatever veggies they have but not onion (doesn't agree with me) and heap on some salsa or cholula.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I sautee mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach and cheese. I eat it with toast, and sometimes on top of a Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime burger for 17 extra grams of protein. Breakfast is my favorite meal! And sometimes my biggest of the day :smile:

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day they say "
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat mine hard-boiled out of convenience...
    • balsamic glaze
    • honey dijon or spicy brown mustard
    • hot sauce
    • (light) mayo
  • flemiyv
    flemiyv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like a little low salt soy sauce in my scrambled eggs topped with chopped scallions/green onions
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Cheese, spinach, sausage
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of eggs but my aunt-in-law makes THE most incredible scrambled eggs. She beats them with a whisk to get more air in them so they end up fluffy. Then she adds sprinkles of salt, pepper, tumeric, and just a little bit of smoked gouda. Since smoked gouda has a stronger flavor, a little goes a long way. Otherwise, on plain scrambled eggs, I like a little bit of salsa verde.