Does anyone workout in the MORNING????

Options
12346»

Replies

• ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I workout first thing I the morning for a few reasons. 1)I have to work out on an empty stomach, I am very prone to side cramps.2)It's gives me so much more energy for the rest of the day and puts me in a better mood.3)I would rather spend my evenings cooking dinner and watching tv chatting with my husband.
    I also do protein smoothies for breakfast on the way to work.
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I will make sure I get up between 4.30 - 4.45 and do an hours run. Usually back by 5.45 when I can get a bit of housework done before showering and being out the house by 7.00. Breakfast usually comes at about 9.00 when I start to feel hungry.

Works for me as, like a lot of others, I can't get motivated to anything after work (unless it's a pre-booked class: spinning, insanity etc.) and would prefer to lounge around and then get an early night ready for the next morning :smiley:
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I workout a few days a week at 5 am and I am addicted to it, the gym is such a great environment at that hour. The gym is never crowded and I feel like there are more serious people there who mind their own business and are courteous.

Prepping is the key to making it work. Since I go to the gym on the way into work, I have to have my gym clothes, work clothes, food, etc., all set up and ready to go the night before. The alarm goes off at 430, I get dressed, eat a protein bar, drink a pre-workout, drive to the gym, workout, shower, get dressed for work, and then drive off to work.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Right now I have cardiac rehab classes at 10:30am three days a week. My usual routine is to get up at 8am for breakfast, get there early to warm up beforehand and blast through the class (it's basically a supervised gym session). As for the exercises, they're in my exercise diary but are mainly each machine for 10 minutes each.

Once I have the last class I plan to join a gym that's a half mile from home. Walking there would be a good warmup.
  • karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5am. I go to bed early. I don't eat before I work out. It is a lifestyle change,but I know I would not work out after work. I just don't have the energy. On days I don't work out in the morning I drag all day!!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this. I'm a housewife, so I have plenty of time, but I find myself procrastinating until late in the afternoon, and I'm trying to get into the habit of exercising every day.

I'm also trying to get into the habit of waking up when my husband does to get ready for work (5:50). Yesterday I got up and just couldn't wake up (I'm very sluggish in the morning, I might be out of bed, showered, dressed, and even cooking breakfast, but I'm not awake), so I went and rode my bike in the living room.

Of course, turns out I've been underfueling my body by not eating my exercise calories back and pushing myself too hard when I do work out, so I got very fatigued fifteen minutes in and quit.

But it woke me up.

I'm having a rest day today, but tomorrow as soon as that alarm goes off I'm putting on my shoes and going for a ride. I'm going to see if it helps me wake up every morning.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I switched from afternoons to mornings and I feel so much better! Up between 4:30 - 5 (usually without an alarm), gym by 6:15, done by 7:00 or so, and work by 8. I have been doing this for 10 months and it works so much better for me - I go to work with a work out high and feel great all day!
  • LoveForWine
    LoveForWine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I most always workout in the morning fasted. I do not like breakfast and prefer to workout on an empty stomach. Also if I wait until evening to get my workouts in I find too many things can get in the way and they won't happen. First thing in the morning I don't even have to think, I just do it.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    for me it depends on weather its a workday or weekend. I rarely workout in the morning, so most of my workouts are mid-afternoon or evening. I will occasionally do weight training before work, but never do cardio in the AM.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    If you have problems getting up or even thinking about getting up to workout, start small. Try fitting in 10 or 15 minutes of something in the morning before you start your day. You might find that even that little bit can help jump start your motivation to getting up early - I love my morning workouts and even when I sleep in a little I still try and squeeze in a few minutes get the brain functioning.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    ew, morning? what is that? lol
  • kdjp15
    kdjp15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes always in the morning - cant stand going in the afternoon or late at night. It makes me feel for energized for the rest of the day if I go in the morning aswell.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I found the trick for me is finding something you enjoy or people who will hold you accountable (or better yet, both)! I struggle getting up in the morning unless I can look forward to the workout. I've been doing a program at my gym recently and I have been really loving it, so I am able to get myself there for the 5am workout. And since it is the same group and trainer in the classes, they call you out on it when you aren't there