I am looking for friends who are into loosing weight and building muscle

Options
tigerblood6
tigerblood6 Posts: 65 Member
Hi

I am 58kg , 155cm who want to loose weight and build more abs, arms and back muscle. Anyone who wanna share food diary and achievement pls add me for friends

I need positive energy kinda people!!

❤️❤️❤️

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I would be your friend but I don't do the metric system.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Do you want to build muscle or just make them more defined?

Building muscle and losing weight are generally conflicting goals - building muscle requires a surplus of calories, losing weight requires a deficit.

Eating at a deficit (with sufficient protein) whilst following a lifting program will enable you to lose fat, maintain muscle mass, and look more defined as you lose the fat over the muscles you have
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    I am fine in whatever units. Are you from the US ? @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks

@OutOfUserName Yes - I would love toned legs

@livingleanlivingclean I want both, I wanna be lean and at the same time muscular. I dont really want to gain weight because I have a small feet size.
    I had protein on dinner and cut off carbs 3 days a week only. Most of the time I had chicken breasts. Can I add you?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    ...lose
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 58kg , 155cm who want to loose weight and build more abs, arms and back muscle. Anyone who wanna share food diary and achievement pls add me for friends

I need positive energy kinda people!!

❤️❤️❤️

This is the silly forum place. Don't expect serious answers. If you are looking for friends try this forum:
    Getting Started
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/getting-started
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

@livingleanlivingclean I want both, I wanna be lean and at the same time muscular. I dont really want to gain weight because I have a small feet size.
    I had protein on dinner and cut off carbs 3 days a week only. Most of the time I had chicken breasts. Can I add you?

Perhaps focus on losing first, whilst lifting to maintain the muscle you have. When you're a bit leaner, either recomp or bulk with a small surplus.

Losing weight doesn't require a restrictive diet. You can eat enjoyable food. You need protein, sure, but fats are required for health and carbs taste good, whilst providing good energy for lifting and recovery...
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

No, Toronto
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    @CoffeeAndContour Hey thanks for correcting my english - it wasnt my first language. But Im glad i am fluent in another 2 languages too.

@km8907 ok

@livingleanlivingclean thanks - do you eat any other complimentary weight lost product? i am trying to discipline myself to do cardio twice daily on the cross trainer and weightlifting 3 times per week ..

@cee134 ok thanks

@SomebodyWakeUpHIcks ok

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose muscle and build weight so I don't think we'd get along too well.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    My food diary is full of acquired tastes. Tuna spaghetti marinara parmesan and asparagus
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @CoffeeAndContour Hey thanks for correcting my english - it wasnt my first language. But Im glad i am fluent in another 2 languages too.

@km8907 ok

@livingleanlivingclean thanks - do you eat any other complimentary weight lost product? i am trying to discipline myself to do cardio twice daily on the cross trainer and weightlifting 3 times per week ..

@cee134 ok thanks

@SomebodyWakeUpHIcks ok

No, I eat food. With the exception of 20g protein powder. I make everything fit my calorie goal
  • BootyfulBikerZX10r
    BootyfulBikerZX10r Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I tried to do this "lose fat,gain muscle" my logic was -why can't they meet in the middle- and before I say what Im gonna say, let me say this-everyone's experiences are different, as are their bodies, what didn't work for me, may work for you;

My experience 'back in the day', I was working with a trainer daily (expensive) started at 5am with cardio, then went back at 9am for 1.5 hours of weight training, then back at 6pm for more cardio. I wanted to lose fat (cardio) and gain muscle (lifting). I ate a deficit in calories and lifted weights. I was dizzy, tired, sluggish, I was losing fat, but I couldn't keep on the muscle. When I ate for fuel (calorie surplus) to lift I gained weight -not just muscle weight-. Its like that saying, you can't serve two masters. I ended up extremely ill and had to limit my workouts to just walking per doctors orders.

I ended up giving up in self defeat all together, and gained the 80lbs I lost, ON TOP of an additional 50lbs. Now I'm starting over. After learning a major lesson Im starting out with losing fat (slow gradual calorie deficits, cardio). As I lose, I see my own natural muscle that is already there from just carrying around my 350lb body (170lbs lean body mass). Once I drop a mass amount of fat Ill start working on building muscle and hopefully maintain at least 150lbs of that lean mass.

-currently Im also starting to add some minor body weight exercises. leg lifts, modified pushups, plank. That way when I hit the free weights I won't injure myself. My back is too weak right now.

This time around is different for me, I am energetic, excited and happy. Im positive and am enjoying what I am doing.

*feel free to add me. I won't add anyone, who doesn't have a profile pic.

Im doing IIFYM, TDEE 20%
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    @TorresCarmeniifym Ok Ill add ya!

This is how my workout routine usually are for 1 week

Monday : 65mins cardio in the morning / 65mins cardio in the evening / 100sit ups (all protein diet)
    Tuesday ; 65mins cardio in the morning / 1hour kickboxing/ 100push ups (all protein diet)
    Wednesday ; 65mins cardio (1 carb and 1 protein meal)
    Thursday : 65mins cardio in the morning/ 65mins cardio in the evening
    Friday : Relax day & hiking or cardio
    Saturday : Hiking / Charity Runn/ Yoga/ Aerobics (anything that make me approachable to people)
    Sunday : Relax day

I will have my cheat day usually on weekend when i mixed around with my friends and family. Cheat day for me is eating excess calories than I deserve only once per week.

On weekdays I tried to keep my deficit more than 350cals per day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    You need to do resistance training.... Push-ups and situps (especially only once a week) don't really cut it.

Eat proper, balanced meals. With fats.
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    what is a resistence training ?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    what is a resistence training ?

Weights.