Isagenix - My Journey

Options
Today is my first day, not only with trying Isagenix, but any sort of diet program. I have had success in the past just eating better and doing my own thing, but I wanted more accountability!

About Me:
Age 36, 5'9"
Weight - 239.4 lbs
Mom of two girls

I have always just eaten what I wanted without thinking about the calories or what I've already eaten that day and balancing out my day. I was famous for skipping meals and then having a full bag of potato chips and pop an hour later. It's now gotten to the point where I am not doing things with friends or my kids because of my size and lack of energy. My family goes skiing without me because I refuse to buy another bigger size of snow pants. My girlfriends have joined a parent cheer team and I won't because I know I couldn't keep up, and there is a mom bigger than me doing it. I AM TIRED OF MISSING OUT ON LIFE SO THIS IS THE FIRST DAY TO THE NEW ME.

While looking better is definitely a bonus, I want to FEEL better and get the happier and more confident me back.

I want to do a short update as much as I can, hopefully each day. If anyone is going through the same thing I am or just want to support one another, please feel free to add me or chat with me on this thread.

This is the soon to be old me, taken just a few weeks ago. Talk about motivation...

qegd57u9nphy.jpg

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting off to a better you!

Lots of people on this site lose weight by eating the normal foods they love, within a calorie deficit.
    I don't know much about Isagenix, but after a google search it looks like just a place that sells shakes.

Good luck on your journey!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Judging by your hat and jersey, I'm thinking you must be from my neck of the woods. :) Good luck with your journey!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You may get some haters because you're using pre-packaged meal replacements, but please do what's best for you. I drank the Isagenix shakes for years as a nutritional supplement when I was pregnant/nursing (years before my weight loss). I never found them filling, so I never went full-blown with the program. Then cost became a factor, and I stopped around the time I started MFP.

Best of luck with your journey (and, it's a journey, not a race :) ). If you get tired of just Isagenix stuff, don't just rage quit--there are tons of people here on the forums that can give layman advice/guidance.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not missing out on family things was one of the big things that pushed me back into losing weight (I had lost some weight before and gained a lot of it back). About 1 1/2 years ago my oldest (3 at the time) wanted me to go on a ride with him and I wouldn't. I was worried that I wouldn't fit so I talked him into going with Daddy instead. That is when things clicked for me this time around.

Good luck on your journey. Keep trying to discover new ways to motivate yourself as the 'newness' wears off.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I'm a daily logger :)
  • xosimonee
    xosimonee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! A few of my friends have done isagenix. And I am currently on day 7 right now. The first day was rough but I just kept going and I now feel amazing.

The strawberry shake is my favorite and I think they are super filling. You will love this.
    And I do not sell isagenix and I am not a coach. Feel free to add me!
  • CandiMac
    CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    xosimonee wrote: »
    Good luck!! A few of my friends have done isagenix. And I am currently on day 7 right now. The first day was rough but I just kept going and I now feel amazing.

The strawberry shake is my favorite and I think they are super filling. You will love this.
    And I do not sell isagenix and I am not a coach. Feel free to add me!

The strawberry is my fav too. My husband and kids are away all weekend so it's just me which I would normally love cause I would watch chick flicks and eat junk food the whole time. I've already got a large to do list to keep me busy and off the couch!

Way to go on 7 days! Everyone says the first week is the hardest. How did you find the cleanse xosimonee?
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Day 7 update!

I finally got to weigh in (I chose to only weigh in once a week but I would weigh in everyday if I could, it's an addiction for sure). And I'm down 5 lbs!!

I did my first cleanse and found it to be a breeze, way easier than I thought. That could be in part because I was never one to eat a lot, but what I ate was all junk food and fast food. The only hard part of the cleanse day for me was the chewables. I purchased the berry flavored ones and it took everything I had to get them down. I will definitely be trying another flavor for the next round.

The one thing that I found difficult was being accountable when my husband and children were gone for the whole weekend. In my head I just kept thinking "I could go get a big bag of chips at the store right now and no one would know". I look forward to get to the point where the cravings lessen.

I'm stoked to know I still have 3 weeks of my 30 days to go. If this week was any consolation, I will DEFINATELY be continuing with Isagenix. They just came out with their seasonal items yesterday and I snagged a canister of Mint Chocolate. Can't wait to shake up my flavor options...pun intended!!

How was everyone else's week so far?? I would love to hear about your successes big or small and your struggles.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!

Want to leave this here to let you know that cleanses are woo:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

You lost due to a calorie deficit, not a cleanse. Don't throw your money away on that stuff.
    You can eat your bag of chips and still lose weight.

I totally get it. I had a calorie deficit each day for the last week. I was just mentioning that one of those days was a cleanse day. Really it's no different than Intermittent Fasting. I was still getting my daily nutrients and vitamins.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Sounds like a sales pitch .....

Nope. Don't sell it at all, just sharing my experience hoping to find others doing the same journey.