Isagenix - My Journey

Options

Replies

• CandiMac
    CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    CandiMac wrote: »
    This would be more believable as not a sales pitch if any part of your posts ever mentioned any healthy weight loss habits other than this one company. Do you work out? Try to eat certain other foods? No, just stuff that I totally believe you're not shilling? Yeah, okay.

I truly have never been one to workout (hence why I am where I am). I have made a lot of other changes in my life, and you are probably right, I haven't really touched on those so I get that part. I don't eat a starch at dinner, I don't eat after 7, I only get on the scale once a week rather than twice a day to try to lessen the obsession with a number rather than how I feel. I take the stairs at work now and park at the far end of the parking lot at work.

Your post would have been much more receptive with the "yeah okay" at the end. As I said to the poster above you, I thought MFP was about helping each other along. It's a sad world if everyone thinks everything is a sales pitch. I was just hoping the subject of the discussion would make it easier for others doing the same program to find me and go through this WITH me.

To the portion where you say you don't eat after 7, or starch at dinner. Those look like things you may have seen on TV or on the internet.

You can eat whenever you want, (calories can't tell time). And whatever you want (have your starches if you'd like), if you eat at a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

I would recommend the most helpful threads to get you started on the right path. The good news is, it's free. And you won't have to spend money on Isagenix anymore :wink:

Thanks NotReallyChris, I appreciate you taking the time to include the links. I will check it out for sure.

The not eating after 7 is something I had heard on tv, but it works for me because that is when I tended to pig out on junk watching tv with my hubby. Same idea as IF...picking my times to eat and when not to eat. Making it work for me and my schedule and my habits.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Anything that shouts “pyramid scheme” prompts me to run in the other direction.

Measuring with a scale and logging religiously as well as making a commitment to being more active brought me to today..... maintenance of a loss of over 55 pounds.

Just the cost per month alone made me say no. I’ve got friends who jumped on the Isagenix band wagon around the time I began MFP. They are heavier than before.

There is NO magic fix for fat.

Congratulations on the weight loss, that is amazing! I had lost 62 lbs using just MFP a few years ago, measuring my food and make smarter decisions. I have not looked for a magic fix. I simply wanted an easy way to ensure I got my vitamins and nutrients each day, as I not a huge fruit and veggies person. I'm slowly introducing those things to change my eating habits, but until it becomes second nature, atleast I know I'm getting the good stuff into my body.

Congratulations again on the loss and maintaining it, that's what I want to reteach myself to do.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    The journey of taking untested supplements supplied by a pyramid scheme?

Ok then.

Firstly, I thought the idea of MFP was to support each other? Not sure why I'm getting so much attitude? Secondly, I always ensure I have done my research before I criticize people, companies, or choices someone has made. Perhaps you should do the same?

This is a website designed for people to measure & log food. Meal replacements are a shortcut to help you skip all that "tedium." So it's not surprising that meal replacements don't get a lot of love here.

Welcome to the internet. People have a variety of opinions and express them. You were expecting blind support maybe? I'm sure Isagenix has it's own site where everyone can cheer each other on.

Fair enough, I get what you are saying and you are probably right. Cheers.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    I don't know how you can be more accountable then weighting your food and making the right choices. You also said you have never done any sort of diet before and then you said later that you used MFP and lost 62lbs. My advice you will lose weight and you will gain it back when you stop the Isagenix. If you do not change your daily eating habits it will always be a yoyo.

I agree totally! The Isagenix though is just a protein shake, no different than what millions of other people do. It replaces a meal for me while still getting the good stuff in.

What I meant was that I had never done a diet program (weight watchers, jenny craig, herbalife, etc). I had lost the weight just weighing my foods and not eating junk food. As soon as I stopped I gained it all back plus another 10. I treated it like a diet, not a lifestyle change. And exactly like you said, it became another drop in the yoyo affect.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    The journey of taking untested supplements supplied by a pyramid scheme?

Ok then.

Firstly, I thought the idea of MFP was to support each other? Not sure why I'm getting so much attitude? Secondly, I always ensure I have done my research before I criticize people, companies, or choices someone has made. Perhaps you should do the same?

The idea is to support each other in long-term, active lifestyles and the consumption of healthy real food.

What you are doing does not fall into that category. You are not learning how to manage eating well. When you come off of the shakes, you will regain the weight.
  • CandiMac
    Options

What you are doing does not fall into that category. You are not learning how to manage eating well. When you come off of the shakes, you will regain the weight. [/quote]

Is that true though? The shakes are just an easy meal replacement. When I get to the place where I am just doing maintenance, if I do healthy choices that still see me stick to my daily calorie and carb limits, I don't see how it would come back on. I could be wrong, but I'm sure neither of us know for sure.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Sometimes, I take no joy in calling something accurately, @CandiMac ...

But, I wanted to complement your attitude in taking the higher moral ground throughout this thread. :smile: You'll find what works best for you.[/quote]

Thank you, I truly appreciate it. Best of luck on your journey as well :)
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. You have to do what’s best for you at the end of the day.
    Sincerely hope it all goes to plan x
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was curious as to how much Isagenix cost the 30 day starter pack is $400!! Holy crap! So what do you do after 30 days?

I buy a Protein powder for $60 and it last me for couple months. I use it as a meal replacement sometimes and it keeps me full and has 36 grams of protein.

Good luck to you.