What book are you reading?

Replies

• mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Just finished Into the Water by Paula Hawkins and Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane. Almost done with Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    wnzn0e584hyz.jpeg

Current stack that I’m working through

Have you read Sara Paretsky? Recommend!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Stephen King "Gerald's Game."

And when I finish, I'll probably read "The Time Traveler's Wife" again. It's a favorite and I was thinking about it recently, for no reason.
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    I read Mein Kampf now. Started to read it a while ago and didn't finish because it requires some side reading of history books. That reading started to be a research at some point.
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Stephen King Wizard and Glass (from the Dark Tower series), and it's taking for freaking ever because I keep falling asleep after a few pages...

This one is my very favorite from the series!

I LIKE it. I just can't stay awake to read it :lol: Soooo close.

Have you seen the movie? I was very disappointed.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Right now I'm reading the Skystone series book 7 by Jack Whyte. It is really good! I took a break between books 6 and 7 and read The Time Machine by H.G. Wells! I was excited to find that there's a movie, I'll be watching it soon.
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Listening to The Sleeping Doll - Jeffery Deaver - pretty good. Anyone who listens to audio or reads ebooks might want to check out Overdrive.com. Links with your personal local library that you belong to and has an app you can download to listen to books on your device or computer. You can check out 5 'books' at a time and they expire after 14 days. All free :) It's awesome! Msg me if you need help to figure it out!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    AshEvelynn wrote: »
    Listening to The Sleeping Doll - Jeffery Deaver - pretty good. Anyone who listens to audio or reads ebooks might want to check out Overdrive.com. Links with your personal local library that you belong to and has an app you can download to listen to books on your device or computer. You can check out 5 'books' at a time and they expire after 14 days. All free :) It's awesome! Msg me if you need help to figure it out!

This is why I haven't read any ebooks from my library. 14 days is not long enough for me. Sure, if a books is good enough I can read it within a week, but most of the time I'm just reading at work out of boredom and only off an on.

But thank you for posting this regardless of my feelings on it, lol!
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Audio: Karin Slaughter "Cop Town"
  • mabearof6

This is why I haven't read any ebooks from my library. 14 days is not long enough for me. Sure, if a books is good enough I can read it within a week, but most of the time I'm just reading at work out of boredom and only off an on.

Our library lends for up to 21 days on Overdrive. I LOVE Overdrive!

• AshEvelynn
    edited October 2017

I have only not finished a book once in the 14 days and I just took it back out again..although I listen to audio books and luckily for me, no one else had put a hold on it but yes...I suppose it is not for everyone :)
  • AshEvelynn
    mabearof6 wrote: »

Is that an E book or audio? I've never loaned an ebook, so maybe that is longer? Audio book for me is only 14 days in Ontario Canada...maybe different regions have different rules lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Venus_88 wrote: »
    Stephen King Wizard and Glass (from the Dark Tower series), and it's taking for freaking ever because I keep falling asleep after a few pages...

This one is my very favorite from the series!

I LIKE it. I just can't stay awake to read it :lol: Soooo close.

Have you seen the movie? I was very disappointed.

I have not. Heard it was a mess though! Too bad. I'll probably watch it someday, but in no hurry.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Book 4 of the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Last one is a book I'm writing.
    0ai856auoomz.png
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 wrote: »

Is that an E book or audio? I've never loaned an ebook, so maybe that is longer? Audio book for me is only 14 days in Ontario Canada...maybe different regions have different rules lol

Both Ebooks and Audio. I discovered it by accident in the settings.