Stop me from eating cake

I am having gastric sleeve surgery in January. I have to get my weight from 291 to under 277 before December!! I am looking for good friends and buddies! My name is Bethany !

Replies

• bmusic994
    bmusic994 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you! Yes I am aware, I’ve now started my 5 small meals a day, and only eating 10 oz at a time. Just trying to get my body and mind use to it. Add me! Good job!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    bmusic994 wrote: »
    I am having gastric sleeve surgery in January. I have to get my weight from 291 to under 277 before December!! I am looking for good friends and buddies! My name is Bethany !

We can't do that... you need to figure out how you do it yourself.
  • atyrone
    atyrone Posts: 120 Member
    How did you got to that stage?
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Unsure on any advice but I wish you all luck and I hope this app helps in your journey!
  • frank8311798
    frank8311798 Posts: 3 Member
    Don’t eat it! Do NOT give in!!! You know that an hour after you’ve eaten the chocolate cake you will regret it anyway. Mentally focus on achieving your goal - imagine how you will feel after hitting your goal — and compare that to how bad you’ll feel after you’ve eaten the chocolate cake. You need to trade the short-term pleasure (which only lasts while you’re eating) of the sugar with the long-term pleasure of achieving your weight loss goal! Good luck.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Have you ever seen the Bob Newhart show? The Stop It! skit is quite funny

https://media.giphy.com/media/RfhnaMMs0rMaI/giphy.gif
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited October 2017
    giphy.gif

Have you ever seen the Bob Newhart Show? the Stop It! skip is pretty funny
  • bmusic994
    bmusic994 Posts: 4 Member
    bmusic994 wrote: »

We can't do that... you need to figure out how you do it yourself.

Lol. Well obviously? It’s just a funny quote.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I've always wondered why people who prove they can lose weight go on through with the surgery.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    What's a gastric sleeve?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    What's a gastric sleeve?

It is not a shirt to prevent heartburn. Imagine, if you will, an empty stomach. Now, imagine, a sheet of rubber.
    Wrap the rubber around the empty stomach and glue two ends of the rubber sheet together to form a tube snugly enclosing the empty stomach. Sew up the patient and warn the patient to eat small portions as the stomach can no longer expand to accommodate big meals. That's a gastric sleeve.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    What's a gastric sleeve?

It is not a shirt to prevent heartburn. Imagine, if you will, an empty stomach. Now, imagine, a sheet of rubber.
    Wrap the rubber around the empty stomach and glue two ends of the rubber sheet together to form a tube snugly enclosing the empty stomach. Sew up the patient and warn the patient to eat small portions as the stomach can no longer expand to accommodate big meals. That's a gastric sleeve.

Wow. Thanks.

Very interesting procedure. The only problem is it doesn't tackle the cause of the overeating.