Quest Bars

Options

Replies

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Kind and Luna bars (even if I've been told they are high in sugar by friends with differing nutrition beliefs as I do). So, if you count sugar (or avoid things with high sugar), they may not be for you.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Quest tastes like chemicals with the consistency of a bar of soap. I'm not concerned about sugar, but kind bars taste so much like the sugar that they hide the taste of the stuff I love-- nuts & fruit.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I tried them, they're acceptable but not worth the calories. I would rather have a candy bar that I like for the calories. I haven't tried any nutrition bar that tasted as good as a candy bar. It might be out there, because I haven't tried them all, but as it stands they're just expensive inferior tasting candy.
  • TKLBC
    TKLBC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love them.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I love most Quest flavors and eat one every day for breakfast. High protein, high fiber, and they taste good.

Oh good, me too! I was starting to think there was something wrong with me :)
  • gerbradaisy44
    gerbradaisy44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    I have never tried them. I do like kind bars, have you tried those?

Yes. KIND bars are really good. QUEST taste like *kitten*.
  • gerbradaisy44
    Options
    I don't mind the taste or texture, but there are definitely better options out there. No one's mentioned Fitjoy which packs almost as most protein and fiber as Quest does, but tastes like a candy bar <3

Really? I heard of them but never tried it. Where do you buy them?
  • gerbradaisy44
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I love most Quest flavors and eat one every day for breakfast. High protein, high fiber, and they taste good.

Oh good, me too! I was starting to think there was something wrong with me :)

Me too.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't like Quest bars. Don't/didn't like Power Bars either.
    I like Clif bars, they aren't high in protein like Quest or PB, but they sure are more tasty IMO.
  • y2jmann
    y2jmann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's funny, I JUST had one. I like them fine, not my favorite protein bar but better than some out there. I like the Muscle Pharm Crunch bars the best.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who can't stand quest bars? I really want to like them and I have tried 5 diffrent kind. I've ate them plain, baked them and microwaved them. Still nasty ☹
    I think they taste like chemicals. Any thoughts?

Used to love them and now they taste like crap to me. Fake flavor and odd after taste. Go for Oh Yeah ONE Bars instead.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I bought some because they're one of the few protein/energy bars that don't contain soy, which I can't eat. They really don't taste very good so there they sit.

I'm still looking for a good soy-free protein bar. Any suggestions?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Recently reformulated their bars (again). Definitely improving. I'll always be loyal to Quest haha.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I had a Quest cookies and cream for the first time today. Not too bad. Tasted very much like the Smores one.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I much prefer Kind and Luna bars (even if I've been told they are high in sugar by friends with differing nutrition beliefs as I do). So, if you count sugar (or avoid things with high sugar), they may not be for you.

The kind bar nuts and spices line has been my kick lately because they only have 5grams of sugar! I don't count my sugars either but it's still nice to know!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I tried them, they're acceptable but not worth the calories. I would rather have a candy bar that I like for the calories. I haven't tried any nutrition bar that tasted as good as a candy bar. It might be out there, because I haven't tried them all, but as it stands they're just expensive inferior tasting candy.

Getting 21 grams of protein and 14 grams of fiber from a 180 calorie Quest bar is pretty reasonable. A candy bar with 200+ calories will have less than 2g of protein( and 40 grams of sugar), so you would have to eat 10 of them to get the same amount of protein, perhaps not the best use of 2,000 calories.

I can get more protein for fewer calories from protein powder and I'm not really trying to set a record for fiber (I already get enough). I just feel as far as candy goes, they're too expensive money and calorie wise for what I get out of them. I would rather leave protein out of candy than settle for inferior calories.

I consider calories I don't enjoy a waste of calories. I can get things that have better flavor for fewer calories, or even things that have more calories but as so tasty they are worth it, and I can get more nutrition for the same amount of calories. I know I can definitely get more flavor/nutrition for a cheaper money price. Protein bars (at least the ones I've tried) fall into the realm of cauliflower pizza and non-fat hard cheese: a failed attempt at replacing something superior. Some feel the compromise is worth it (and may even actually enjoy them) which is up to preference and how people judge the worth of something, but I don't. Just like I consider skim milk a worthy replacement in some applications, but some can't stand it.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I like the Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar. This flavor doesn't have sucralose.
    I only like them if I take tiny bites, like the size of an M&M. That's actually how I eat any protein bar, otherwise they're too dense for me.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like them because they get the job done. There are many things that I would rather eat than a Quest bar, but I rely on protein bars frequently due to a crazy work environment. On a normal day, I'll eat 1 in the morning. On an exceptionally busy day, I'll eat up to 3 to keep myself going until I can get some real food. Some of my favorite flavors -

blueberry muffin
    peanut butter and jelly
    cookies and cream
    smores
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Agree.. I thought id try the dmore one the other day. Blech!