Quest Bars

Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I like pure protein chocolate peanut butter and the pb think thin ones.
  • MelissaSheklian
    MelissaSheklian Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Agree, quest bars are gross. Optimum nutrition cake bites are delicious but not low carb.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I like the cookie dough Quest bars. I haven't tried that many different flavors, but I think it was double chocolate chunk and maybe chocolate brownie? They weren't great either.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have a Quest Bar every day.
    My favorite flavors are Chocolate Brownie and Peanut Butter Supreme.
    I like either of those better than a Snickers Bar or Reese's Peanut Butter Cup--the only "candy bars" I really like!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I like them for the most part, but I pretty much like anything so that doesn't say much. The lemon Meringue pie quest bar was the first thing I have eaten in a VERY long time that I took two bites of (2nd just to make sure) Then threw it away, and that's saying something. But I like all of the other ones I have tried, and their protein chips too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who can't stand quest bars? I really want to like them and I have tried 5 diffrent kind. I've ate them plain, baked them and microwaved them. Still nasty ☹
    I think they taste like chemicals. Any thoughts?

I certainly don't think they're anything special...certainly don't live up to the hype they seem to get. Not sure why you're really wanting to like them though.
  • thatrabidgirl
    thatrabidgirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who can't stand quest bars? I really want to like them and I have tried 5 diffrent kind. I've ate them plain, baked them and microwaved them. Still nasty ☹

Used to love them and now they taste like crap to me. Fake flavor and odd after taste. Go for Oh Yeah ONE Bars instead.

Same. The only one I can still tolerate in the mint chocolate one because the mint masks the chemical taste.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Taste is tolerable, especially cookie dough which I almost "like." Of the off-the- shelf widely available stuff around here, they have the best stats for what I am looking for.

Someone mentioned Cliff. They are one of my favorites tastewise, but the carbs/cals are through the roof. A rare yeast for me and only if I know I am training really hard or competing that date.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

Used to love them and now they taste like crap to me. Fake flavor and odd after taste. Go for Oh Yeah ONE Bars instead.

One more vote for Oh Yeah ONE bars. High protein, lots of flavor options. The pumpkin pie and almond bliss flavors are two favorites.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am another vote for optimum nutrition cake bites, they recently came out with a chocolate covered donut flavor that is so good!
  • youvegotwildtalents
    Options
    Kind bars are good. I also really like Santa Barbara bars as well.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

One more vote for Oh Yeah ONE bars. High protein, lots of flavor options. The pumpkin pie and almond bliss flavors are two favorites.

Where do you get these?
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There are a few I like/tolerate. My go tos: Cinnamon roll, Coconut nut (I think that's what it's called), Oatmeal chocolate chip, blueberry muffin, choc PB....
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

Where do you get these?

If you have a local supplements store, I'd check there. I'm not sure if GNC carries them. The 7/11s around me have them.
  • Moosh35
    Moosh35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like white chocolate raspberry Quest. I put it in the dash of the car while I'm working out, come out of the gym to find it perfectly warm and ready to eat. Yum!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan as well... had the oatmeal chocolate chip for breakfast today. I also like the blueberry muffin and the chocolate cookie dough.

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »

Where do you get these?

If you have a local supplements store, I'd check there. I'm not sure if GNC carries them. The 7/11s around me have them.

I know the GNC's around me (Western NY) carry them!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Moosh35 wrote: »
    I really like white chocolate raspberry Quest. I put it in the dash of the car while I'm working out, come out of the gym to find it perfectly warm and ready to eat. Yum!

Yeah, that one's my favorite. I also like the PBJ, Apple Pie and Vanilla Almond. The "traditional" chocolate flavors do not agree with me. At all.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I haven't liked any of the ones that I've tried. My fav is the ONE bars.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I like maybe about half the flavors. I usually get Pure Protein bars though. Same amount of protein and calories (but not as much fiber if that's important to you) for about half the price.