80 lbs to lose...who is with me?

Options

Replies

• CandiMac
    CandiMac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have an awesome group so far!!
  • MilesAndTrails
    MilesAndTrails Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey...I would love to be in your club. I have exactly 80 lbs I want to drop too. I started this past Monday so timing is just about right.

Many of the things you share I can relate to as well.

I weighed in at 289.9 on Monday and through eating right and exercising, I lost 10 lbs already. Super psyched to have others to share with.
  • brittvas1
    brittvas1 Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Have always been a fast food junkie and it took a major toll on me during undergrad. 80 lbs would be nice as an ultimate goal. So far have lost almost 19 pounds.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 221
    Current: 202.2
    1st goal: 180
    2nd goal: 160
    Ultimate goal: 140

Anyone feel free to add me. I share my diary and love to share and learn meal ideas.
  • Lelu99
    Lelu99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be with you all! I have lost 18 pounds, and have stalled for a long time.
    5'5", 198 pounds. My goal is about 150 and to feel more energetic. I am a teaching consultant and spend A LOT of time just sitting at a computer, sitting at a desk, sitting, sitting, sitting. By the time end of day rolls around, I'm sluggish and don't want to do anything!
    Please add me and let's do this!
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    About me:

SW: 270lbs on Dec 27/16
    CW: 220lbs on Oct 1/17

My current goal is to be at 199lbs by the end of the year - but I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't get there. I've hit some massive personal goals which includes running a 5K Race back in August! I'm currently training for a 10K the first weekend in November!

I have only fur babies, no human babies - yet! My fiancee and I are engaged and I hope there are a few children in our future. I'm a correctional social worker so I sit a LOT and I work long hours. I also work in an incredibly emotionally stressful environment and I have been very aware the last ten months of this journey that learning not to eat my feelings has been key.

Any ladies are here are more than welcome to add me as well :)
  • kikipa
    kikipa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Similar story
    Age 35
    Kids 3
    Weight 160
    Height 5'5
    Before kid weight 115-125 (I gain 10 pounds right before period and lose them right after every single month lol now that I type that I'm wondering if that's normal)
    I often skip meals and then eat my way through a bag of Oreos while watching TV. Low energy for sure.
  • farmkid67
    farmkid67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'll be 50 on Oct 18th. I have never been small, but since breaking my ankle in July, I have hit 213 and I'm 5'5". I just started back to the gym. It's still slow going because of my foot, but I hope to do better as I get stronger. My goal right now is 180. Nice meeting y'all.
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    farmkid67 wrote: »
    Can I join in? I'll be 50 on Oct 18th. I have never been small, but since breaking my ankle in July, I have hit 213 and I'm 5'5". I just started back to the gym. It's still slow going because of my foot, but I hope to do better as I get stronger. My goal right now is 180. Nice meeting y'all.

My birthday is on October 18th as well! Happy almost birthday! :smiley:
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Add me for support always good to help out my fellow Canucks
  • Meggan_Adele
    Meggan_Adele Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I told myself I was only going to weigh myself once a week. I feel like I've been doing so good (I started 5 days ago) and I weighed myself this morning to see I have gained .6 pounds! I know it took a long time to add this weight to my body, and it isn't going to go away over night. I guess I was hoping to see a drastic change?? oh goodness!! I'm sticking with this, and seriously, ONLY WEIGHING MYSELF ONCE A WEEK!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Meggan_Adele, I totally understand I work so hard to only eat healthy and clean on Saturday when i was surrounded by hoagies, hotdog, soft pretzels, chips, potatoes and pasta salad to get on the scale and go up .4 lbs on Sunday. I know its not a lot and it could be water weight, but I felt like it was a punch in the gut, but today the scale went down 1 1/2 pounds. I am with you, going to try really hard to only weigh once a week. I swear the scale calls me every morning, I just have to say no. You will see a better number.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    I told myself I was only going to weigh myself once a week. I feel like I've been doing so good (I started 5 days ago) and I weighed myself this morning to see I have gained .6 pounds! I know it took a long time to add this weight to my body, and it isn't going to go away over night. I guess I was hoping to see a drastic change?? oh goodness!! I'm sticking with this, and seriously, ONLY WEIGHING MYSELF ONCE A WEEK!

Just reading this now, but You are down two! So you are definitely making strides in the right direction. Way to go. Weighing in once a week is so hard for me. I want to jump on every morning too! I haven't been able to stick to it yet lol.
  • CandiMac
    Options
    CandiMac did you start an actual group or should i see if anyone will friend me?[/quote]

Way to go. You know you can do it as you have done it before and sounds like you are ready!

I haven't started a formal group, but I could for sure!
  • CandiMac
    Options
    Okay!! I've started a formal group for anyone who is interesting in joining :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123184-once-and-for-all
  • HannaZN
    HannaZN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Heey!
    I'm very far from you (Brazil) but pretty much on the same boat,. I also want to lose around 80lb (36+ kg).
    It doens't look like this App is very used here in my contry, but i guess motivation and a budy can be from anywhere.
    Please fell free to add me if you want, you and anyone who sees this comment and fell like going trough this journey with me.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    kikipa wrote: »
    Similar story
    Age 35
    Kids 3
    Weight 160
    Height 5'5
    Before kid weight 115-125 (I gain 10 pounds right before period and lose them right after every single month lol now that I type that I'm wondering if that's normal)
    I often skip meals and then eat my way through a bag of Oreos while watching TV. Low energy for sure.

Try to eat your three meals, i was the same way. I would go all day without eating and then eat a bag of chips or whatever i found. I found out that my body went into starvation mode. It thinks all day that its been starved and then when you eat it stores everything as fat because its wondering if you will eat again. It took me a long time to agree with this but i can tell you today i believe it. Try to eat at least your three meals. Hope this helps.
  • avocadochampagne
    avocadochampagne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    CandiMac wrote: »
    About Me:
    Age 36, 5'9"
    Starting Weight - 239.4 lbs
    Goal Weight - 160-170 ish (depending on how I feel when the time comes)
    Mom of two girls, wife to an amazing husband

I have always just eaten what I wanted without thinking about the calories or what I've already eaten that day and balancing out my day. I was famous for skipping meals and then having a full bag of potato chips and pop an hour later. It's now gotten to the point where I am not doing things with friends or my kids because of my size and lack of energy. My family goes skiing without me because I refuse to buy another bigger size of snow pants. My girlfriends have joined a parent cheer team and I won't because I know I couldn't keep up, and there is a mom bigger than me doing it. I AM TIRED OF MISSING OUT ON LIFE SO THIS IS THE FIRST DAY TO THE NEW ME.

While looking better is definitely a bonus, I want to FEEL better and get the happier and more confident me back.

I want to do a short update as much as I can, hopefully each day. If anyone is going through the same thing I am or just want to support one another, please feel free to add me or chat with me on this thread.

This is the soon to be old me, taken just a few weeks ago. Talk about motivation...

4eo8n93jkrxf.jpg

I would love to add any friends who are on a similar journey, whether it be for age, weight goal, the reason, whatever! Lets rock this once and for all....together.

Hi fellow tall lady! I am also 5'9", and because of being tall I feel the weightloss is not as prominent at first, so it's kind of tricky for us to notice a big difference. I was in denial for a.long time. I'm currently at 198 and I want to lose 55.pounds. Would love a weightloss buddy on here :)
  • vanbean1
    vanbean1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join as well. I"m 5'4 and my current weight is 265. I'd like to love between 80-100. I've been a on MFP several different times but this time I'm fully committed and I'd love a great support group. Can I still join?
  • CandiMac
    Options
    @vanbean1 of course you can still join! We would love to cheer you on! Must feel good to know you are fully committed and ready to do it once and for all!
  • shannonleila
    shannonleila Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey ☺️☺️
    I want in too!!