Over 200 Club: Week 2 (open group)

Options

Replies

• harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy, great challenge that.

I'm doing OK with my calories, but I have to confess to being a real beginner at exercise.

I work full time and its still dark and cold in the mornings/evenings here,so I do a brisk walk at lunchtime and that's about it so far.

I'm way too self conscious to go to class, has anyone any suggestions where I can begin? Go easy on me, I really need to start gently!

Luv Flois

I am a workign mom so I understand not having time. AND I use to work at a gym so I really don't want to go there and be judged (even though everyone is too busy to notice), so I went and bought a treadmill. I figured it was money well spent! I walk/run on it every night....and I have never been a runner. It is great because I can do it after everyone has gone to bed and I dont' have to worry about going out. Plus, I keep it in the tv room, so I just put on my favorite show and the time flies by!
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in... On the up side, I drank all my water every day 8-12 cups
    I weighed in this afternoon for our Biggest Loser Club at school. I was only down 1/2 lb. Hopefully next week will have better results.
    Congrats to all who have had success this week.
  • rosered51
    Options
    1/2 pound lost is 1/2 pound you are no longer carrying around!!!

It went down, not up, and that is all that matters! WTG :drinker:
  • pegm
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i love being part of this group it helps out alot :bigsmile:

today i didn't want to exercise but than i looked at the challenge (even tho it doesn't start until tomorrow) and it gave me more motivation to exercise!!! :tongue:

thanks to everyone for keeping me motivated to work out and drink aton of water! :flowerforyou:

:drinker:
  • nicolesdiet0809
    Options
    I'm ready! I actually bought a Pilates DVD today (I've done it in the past) and started with that today. But I'm looking for another good DVD for cardio. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good workout DVD?

113233.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rosered51
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement!

You are very welcome! That is what we are all here for, to encourage, to boost, to help each of us reach beyond the 200 barrier! Together we WILL do this!!!:bigsmile:

OMG I just realized that I have lost 1/10 of my goal weight loss!!! I am getting closer!!! WOO HOO!!

I really like my Yoga Booty Ballet...it is a great workout that really makes you wonder where those muscles came from! I just got the 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels...man does she kick BUTT!!! I couldn't do but 10 minutes with her:noway: :grumble: . BUT I am going to build up and ONE day I will be able to do the 20 minutes at level 1, not sure about level 2 or level 3:laugh: , but I WILL CONQUER level 1 in the not too distant future!!!
  • harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I weighed in or not - 221.6 today :)
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have a Zumba DVD seems to work well...also was thinking about getting the Flirty Girls series........might be good..........

:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I'm ready! I actually bought a Pilates DVD today (I've done it in the past) and started with that today. But I'm looking for another good DVD for cardio. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good workout DVD?

113233.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I have a Jllian Michaels 5 disc set..I did the cardio kickbox today and its 30min long perfect and not to grueling ...but I was soaked by the time I finished. Its called the "Biggest Winner" I am going to add it to my workouts daily until I get bored of it....I did it twice today ....
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    This will be a good challenge for me as I try and do cardio every day. So hopefully this will motivate me to do some extra!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ok, I am not quite at the 200 mark, but can I still join this challenge? I just told myself, not 10 minutes before I found this post, that I really had to kick butt with cardio from now on. I would love to be held accountable to that promise to myself. My current weight is 172 and my goal for three weeks will be 166.
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    Heyy everyone!! So I just took some before and after pics for the 12 lbs I lost!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39865-i-never-noticed-a-difference-until-tonight

Be sure to let me know what you think! I am so proud of myself and this is motivated me more than ever to keep going!
  • pegm
    Options
    Good Morning
    amannisto, would you like us to post our cardio (or what ever the weekly challenge is) every day, or on Friday of each week? What is eaiser for you... there are a lot of us! That is a good thing!!
  • HealthyIn09
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you all are ready to get that heart pumping! Just did 33 minutes on the elliptical and feel fantastic.

Is there some sort of way we are supposed to log this? Just want to make things easier for you.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    ok, I am not quite at the 200 mark, but can I still join this challenge? I just told myself, not 10 minutes before I found this post, that I really had to kick butt with cardio from now on. I would love to be held accountable to that promise to myself. My current weight is 172 and my goal for three weeks will be 166.

KG: Of course you can join! I added you to the spreadsheet!!! Have fun and get that cardio goin!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Heyy everyone!! So I just took some before and after pics for the 12 lbs I lost!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39865-i-never-noticed-a-difference-until-tonight

Be sure to let me know what you think! I am so proud of myself and this is motivated me more than ever to keep going!

Pink: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you!! You definately look like you have thinned out :-) Way to go! Keep doing that and soon you might have to find a new favorite shirt! Congrats, you should be SO proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • abagwill
    Options
    Good Morning
    amannisto, would you like us to post our cardio (or what ever the weekly challenge is) every day, or on Friday of each week? What is eaiser for you... there are a lot of us! That is a good thing!!

Peg: Thanks for bringing this up. I think it is a really good Idea to post it daily just so you get on here and chit chat and help motivate, BUT if you can't I totally understand and posting on Friday's would be really easy. If you post every day and then post again on Friday that helps me make sure I entered everything correctly... :happy:

Hope that helps!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you all are ready to get that heart pumping! Just did 33 minutes on the elliptical and feel fantastic.

Is there some sort of way we are supposed to log this? Just want to make things easier for you.

Nope I read every single message that is posted! 33 minutes is logged in your portion of the spreadsheet!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Whew, sorry it took so long for me to get on here from yesterday til today! My mom watched the baby for me last night and I actually fell asleep at 8:00 pm woke up and then went back to sleep at 1:00 am and I slept until 11:00 am this morning my time! I am off to the gym and to get a hair cut! Keep working hard. I know this is a difficult challenge for some of you, but please understand that challenges are designed to make you think outside of the box, to push you... If you watch the biggest loser, does Jillian or Bob push the contestants? HECK YA they do... Just keep that in mind and do not limit yourself! If you want to stop at 10 minutes, make deals with yourself... "If I stop at 10 minutes, what is that doing for me? If I go to 12 minutes I am benefitting my body":drinker: to a fun Saturday!