Looking for friends doing Keto

Options
Hi everyone,

I used to be on MFP and got pregnant fell of the wagon. My son is now 1.5 years and I haven't managed to lose all the weight. Looking for friends to help keep me accountable and I'll keep you accountable.

I'm down 5 lb since starting keto a week ago and down 30 total since pregnancy. Keto has been great and I'm already feeling wonderful. It feels like the right lifestyle choice for me.

Less be low carb frannnnndsssss.

Replies

• klkosisko
    klkosisko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting keto!!! Would love to find a community to help and keep myself accountable!!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm not quite Keto as I have a bit more protein (60/30/10 ratio instead of 75/20/5), but am still very much Low Carb.
  • elatrice89
    elatrice89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back with my very low carb/keto & I have a son who will be 2 in January so I feel your pain!!! I lost 25lbs and got off my blood pressure meds in the last year, but I need to step up this weight loss and get back on the low carb wagon.
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm not quite Keto as I have a bit more protein (60/30/10 ratio instead of 75/20/5), but am still very much Low Carb.

That's still keto bro. It's more along the lines of what some folks called optimal keto. The hight fat ratio of the Standard Keto Diet (SKD) is best for maintenance. A lower fat & higher protein ratio is better for weight/fat loss without losing lean muscle mass. I'm currently running at 55%f/40%p/5%c.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options

That's still keto bro. It's more along the lines of what some folks called optimal keto. The hight fat ratio of the Standard Keto Diet (SKD) is best for maintenance. A lower fat & higher protein ratio is better for weight/fat loss without losing lean muscle mass. I'm currently running at 55%f/40%p/5%c.

Thanks for the info. I am newer to the "keto" terminology. I've been aware of Low Carb for about the last 8 years and have done a lot of reading about it. I even have the original 1972 Atkins book which actually is much different than the new ones. I think it is closer aligned to what Keto is, but that term isn't really used to describe a diet type, but ketosis, which is the body running on fat instead of sugar.

I thought a lot of the strict Keto-followers kept to a 75/20/5 ratio, but it's good to know there is variation out there.
  • specktrik
    specktrik Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You can add me, just started keto about a week ago. It'll be nice to have some friends on the same train.
  • zombiebarbie26
    zombiebarbie26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Added all of you! Also looking for more friends! Feel free to add me. I run 75/20/5 at 1400 calories. Today will be day 10! :smiley:
  • Junaos
    Junaos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Keto! Currently running 65/30/5 at 2500 calories (weight lifting, and I'm 350 lb...). Down 20 pounds or so in about a month. Feel free to add me!