Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starbucks

Nursemeg78
Nursemeg78 Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hello! Trying to cut calories but still really wanna enjoy my Starbucks. Any advice on what to get there? I used to get vanilla latte etc. I kno there is a skinny vanilla latte, but wanted more ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    LOVE me some skinny vanilla latte. I know you already said it, but I'm literally drinking it right now.

Sharee from tumblr used to do hazelnut lattes, iced, with soy milk.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    I love their cold brew, sometimes with coconut milk. Also their teas, iced teas, and iced tea lemonade blends. I had a strawberry green tea lemonade the other day- I think it was 100 cals for a venti.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Skinny vanilla latte, skinny caramel macchiato, iced coffee, cold brew

Check out their website - they even have a listing of drinks under 200 calories but they have all the nutrition info - very helpful when deciding new things to try
  • tracymegan
    tracymegan Posts: 391 Member
    Purple drink! They have protein powder there. You can have it added to anything along with low cal soy milk etc. there is a fit_with_coffee on instagram. A barrista has created al kinda of yummy and healthier options
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Vanilla misto! It's very similar to a latte but instead of almost all milk with a couple ounces of espresso, it's made with half milk, half regular drip coffee. So you cut the milk by just under half, which saves lots of calories. With sugar-free vanilla, skim milk, or almond milk, you can save even more.

For myself, I go with black coffee. But when I was a barista in college, the misto was a popular off- menu drink for those looking to cut calories.
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    tracymegan wrote: »
    Purple drink! They have protein powder there. You can have it added to anything along with low cal soy milk etc. there is a fit_with_coffee on instagram. A barrista has created al kinda of yummy and healthier options

Whoa, they have protein powder! Definitely didn't have that when I worked there. Awesome, might have to experiment :)
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    If you can fit your Starbucks whatever into your daily calorie allotment go for it.

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Skim milk Cappuccino with Cinnamon is my go to.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    ombre pink drink grande = 120 cals!
  • remmus102
    remmus102 Posts: 24 Member
    Coffee frappachino with almond milk instead of milk and no whip cream =210 cal
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    Cold brew, iced or hot americano (black), iced or hot caffe latte (no sugar or syrup).
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    If you like the sweet drinks, ask them what types of sugar free syrups they have. You can mix any combo of those for a flavor that is similar to the fraps. Swap regular milk for almond milk and don't have them dress your drink with added chocolate or caramel.

Personally, I like black iced coffee or iced tea.
  • nicholethompson24
    nicholethompson24 Posts: 11 Member
    I just discovered cold brew.... soooo good, with one pump of their toffee nut syrup and a packet of stevia, I'm in heaven, and for only 20 calories! You could do sugar free syrup to get that down to 0 calories.
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    I usually get an unsweetened vanilla cappuccino. Tastes great and revs me up.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Oh my gosh, I'm literally drinking starbucks again. I think I have a problem and this post is really pointing it out XD
  • TheGreatContigo
    TheGreatContigo Posts: 13 Member
    If you like to order food at Starbucks, the Sous Vide Egg Bites are too die for! By far the best quick-grab breakfast I've ever had. These are my new go-to when I have to travel for work and can't make my own breakfast. As far as coffee goes, you could try ordering a drink "half-sweet" and slowly phase out the sweetener altogether until you are just drinking espresso and milk. :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Espresso macchiato.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    plain americano with sugar-free vanilla would be similar but far fewer calories
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Skinny caramel macchiato with sugar free syrup - 160 calories for a venti

Skinny Gingerbread latte (again sugar free syrup) - 160 for a venti