I cannot seem to give up Soda, where do I even begin?

Options
Its been almost six months now I have soda almost everyday (Pepsi, Fanta, Sprite etc...) sometimes as much as 3 glasses a day.

I feel this is doing some hidden internal damage to me (I am beginning to urinate a whole lot more, cannot seem to digest food properly without soda and worst of all the depression that I experience when I don't have a can for more than a day)

I do try to cleanse my body daily with having unsweetened green tea daily (If that even works) and have about 2 liters of plain water daily but I dont think that can really undo the damage caused by soda.

Bottom line, where do I even start to getting rid of such a habit?

Replies

• JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Just switch to diet
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try diet soda as a first step, will help you find out if it's the sugar or the caffeine that has the hold on you!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    If you told us you couldn't stop eating a dozen donuts every day what would you have us tell you?

Stop...eating...donuts...everyday!

You really need us to tell you that is not a good idea?

Aside from being devoid of nutritional value, soda pop is really bad for your teeth. The acid in it dissolves the enamel on your teeth.

Sports drinks are equally bad in this way.

You just have to get out of the habit. Just stop. Don't buy it.

If you need the lift you get from soda drink coffee or tea instead.

I can't express this enough! Take it from me, I've always had very very healthy teeth and have always taken very good care of my teeth but I've had to have a couple fillings which aren't fun, but it was because of soda. My dentist told me that and it gave me even more of a reason to stop drinking it!
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    khan2187 wrote: »
    Its been almost six months now I have soda almost everyday (Pepsi, Fanta, Sprite etc...) sometimes as much as 3 glasses a day.

I feel this is doing some hidden internal damage to me (I am beginning to urinate a whole lot more, cannot seem to digest food properly without soda and worst of all the depression that I experience when I don't have a can for more than a day)

I do try to cleanse my body daily with having unsweetened green tea daily (If that even works) and have about 2 liters of plain water daily but I dont think that can really undo the damage caused by soda.

Bottom line, where do I even start to getting rid of such a habit?

I was drinking nothing but soda when I started out. It was hard to get off it. Soda can have the same addiction process as heroin. I started off switching to bottled water and I would add mio or packets of koolaid like lemonade and then slowly narrowed it down to just water. To this day I drink nothing but water.

To the bold: No.

OP, I second the suggestion to switch to diet soda.
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also am a soda addict. How I limit is by drinking only water at work (and a lot of it) and limiting my soda consumption to Coke Zero (which they changed recently, and not for the better. It's still better then Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi) at night. I also try to have no more then three glasses.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Lean59man wrote: »
    If you told us you couldn't stop eating a dozen donuts every day what would you have us tell you?

Stop...eating...donuts...everyday!

You really need us to tell you that is not a good idea?

Aside from being devoid of nutritional value, soda pop is really bad for your teeth. The acid in it dissolves the enamel on your teeth.

Sports drinks are equally bad in this way.

You just have to get out of the habit. Just stop. Don't buy it.

If you need the lift you get from soda drink coffee or tea instead.

I can't express this enough! Take it from me, I've always had very very healthy teeth and have always taken very good care of my teeth but I've had to have a couple fillings which aren't fun, but it was because of soda. My dentist told me that and it gave me even more of a reason to stop drinking it!

How did they know it was from soda and not from other acidic foods like fruits?

Well he assumed but I'm pretty sure it was from the soda the only thing that changed in my diet was the soda to cause it.