I feel like a failure

Options
Wow , where do I start ... Well when I first started this my fitness pal thing I was 240 then I lost weight and was 219 and now I’m up to 290 ..... 1 year later . It’s like I can’t keep to one thing . I always find myself eating the wrong things .... I work graveyard shifts now so I haven’t had the time for working out . Being close to almost 300 pounds terrifies me honestly I’m only 19 years old that’s waaaaay to excessive ... I couldn’t live with myself like that . I feel my skin tearing everyday literally burning I see my skin becoming full of stretch mark it’s crazy I’m literally gaining weight so fast my skins tearing apart I can’t deal with this ... how should I go about loosing this weight the right way now . I’m turning 20 soon ... I don’t want to be 300 ... my goal is 180 it is my healthy ideal weight that my doctor and I want to be at . Any help !?

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Meal prep, invest in a slow cooker if you don't already have one. Make some time between classes or breaks for movement/body weight exercises.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When you drop the hopeless mindset, it will all fall into place.
    We all have 24 hours in a day, we wake up earlier, stay up later, we do what we need to do to incorporate activity into our days. However activity is not needed to lose weight, if you work on your eating then that is really all you need right now.

Do not do what i did and waste your 20's being someone you don't want to be.
    It took me 2 years to lose my weight to get from 300 to 135 and i didn't do that until almost hitting my 30's
    that is 10 years too long spent wasted regretting every moment i wasn't getting the weight off when i could of used that same amount of time, taking it off and being the person i kept wishing i could be.

Count your calories. Thats all you really need to do right now.
    Love yourself enough to say no to going over those calories.
    I am quoting YepItsKriss;c-40612684 because she took the word right out of my mouth but put it so much better than this oldie could.
    I can remember being nineteen, life is before you with great promise, grab it with both hands!

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Any 24 hour gyms where you live? Or even just a staircase at your job? You can always try to work in some workouts after work by going up and down the stair case several times.

Make sure you are taking your food so you aren't tempted by the vending machine.

Also, since you Dr. is on board maybe get a recommendation to a nutritionist to help you.
  • Nutritionislife
    Nutritionislife Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • champion818
    champion818 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5’9 :)
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I wish you were 5'1", id be able to give you better advice. The only thing i could say is use smaller plates, bowls and baby spoons at home. Drink all water, nothing else. I dont excercise because i feel i dont have the time either! You can lose weight through mostly portion control. You've lost the weight before. I say don't focus on excercise right now. Only focus on nutrition. Add excercise later. I havent excercised at all and in these 4 months i am down about 28 pounds. Good luck

curious - how would your advice change based on whether she is 5'1" or 5'9" ??
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I bought a step up plank. 10 minutes of step ups at good pace really gets your heart rate up.

Surely you can find 10 minutes, literally everyone can. 10 minutes steps + push ups or something, job done.

Then stick to your 10 to 20% calorie deficit for a few months straight and the weight will drop off

I'm in my 50s and have 140 total to lose. Dropping 2.8lbs per week average.

You're not even 20 years old and therefore you have all the natural advantages of youth.

Crack on with it and you'll be in great shape in a matter of weeks.