will you lose weight if you calories intake is 1500

Options
Hello I am 26 years old weight 260 and just got back on track of losing weight do you guys think 1500 is to much to eat because i tried 1300 but always go over two or three hundred calories ( thats only when I dont work out) my school days i eats salad and go over the dressing or I cant help but get that extra rice crisp treat ugh lbvs but I give up cakes and cookies i dont eat chips but pretzels and and cheese with carrot for protein advice please

Replies

• ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't know your height but you should put in your stats and eat what MFP gives you. I eat 1800 at 205 to maintain because of an injury. I am 5 ft 6 in.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Would I? Absolutely. I can lose weight eating 2000 calories a day.

With your statistics you can most likely go even higher than that. Tell MFP you are lightly active and you want to lose a pound a week. What goal does it give you?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The above posters are correct- all you need is a deficit.

Personally, I'm 34 years old, 5'4" and started at 211 lbs. I've lost almost 20 lbs eating around 1,500/day (sometimes more, sometimes less). I eat whatever I want, and always make room for sweets (and wine!) I've mostly replaced things like pasta and rice with veggies, and I eat salads or soup more often than sandwiches, but that's only because I stay fuller longer and get to eat more food while still losing weight!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Not enough information, but I would guess with your age, weight, mfp would tell you to eat about 1700-1900 to lose 2 lbs/month. Of course other info might change this.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Depends on your height, bmr and activity level
  • Cynthia1066
    Cynthia1066 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 62, sedentary. This week, I aimed for 1500 calories a day, but averaged 1800. I have lost 9 pounds (from 295 to 286) in the past seven days. So for me it is definitely possible to lose weight as long as I stay under 2000 calories a day.
  • ejohn024
    ejohn024 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys i will do that
  • ejohn024
    Options

With your statistics you can most likely go even higher than that. Tell MFP you are lightly active and you want to lose a pound a week. What goal does it give you?

I just put it and it give me 1800 and my height is 55
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    ejohn024 wrote: »

So you can eat 1800 and still lose weight.
  • ejohn024
    Options
    ejohn024 wrote: »

So you can eat 1800 and still lose weight.

I guess but that seem like alot