will you lose weight if you calories intake is 1500

Options
2»

Replies

• WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Google scooby calculator, input your info, and read all the things. It is a very informative source.
  • ejohn024
    ejohn024 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Google scooby calculator, input your info, and read all the things. It is a very informative source.

thank you i will
  • ejohn024
    Options
    KayTeeOne wrote: »
    Depends on your height, bmr and activity level
    260 5'5
  • ejohn024
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    The above posters are correct- all you need is a deficit.

Personally, I'm 34 years old, 5'4" and started at 211 lbs. I've lost almost 20 lbs eating around 1,500/day (sometimes more, sometimes less). I eat whatever I want, and always make room for sweets (and wine!) I've mostly replaced things like pasta and rice with veggies, and I eat salads or soup more often than sandwiches, but that's only because I stay fuller longer and get to eat more food while still losing weight!

this was some great advice because I am trying to stay away from bread and just tried to start different homade soup not creamy d
  • ejohn024
    Options
    Would I? Absolutely. I can lose weight eating 2000 calories a day.

With your statistics you can most likely go even higher than that. Tell MFP you are lightly active and you want to lose a pound a week. What goal does it give you?

yes it said 1800
  • ejohn024
    Options
    ejohn024 wrote: »

thank you i will

I went on there i love and they say 1900 but I am stay around 1800 and i love they plan meals for you to give you idea what to eat through out your day
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ejohn024 wrote: »

thank you i will

Scooby and MFP use different formulas (Scooby uses TDEE which factors workouts into calories; MFP uses NEAT and then you eat back exercise calories). Theoretically, they should be roughly equivalent - but TDEE works better for people with a standard/consistent workout routine, vs. a more flexible one
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    at 5'1 i maintain or even slightly gain at 1500
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Starting at 250 lbs, female, I lost pretty steadily at 1500 calories/day. That doesn't mean it's the correct number for you. I don't think it was the correct number for me at the time. But it was an easy number to work with as far as getting in treats and nutritious foods.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Depends...your calorie requirements are derived from your stats and activity level. Most likely 1500 would be a deficit, but it just depends. My wife would lose about 1.5 Lbs per week on 1500 calories...your mileage may vary.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    As a quick guide, 1500 calories will move you towards 150 lbs. 1300 will move you there faster, and towards 130. 2000 will move you towards 200, and you'll get there, but maybe a bit slower. Your maintenance is 2600 calories, give or take a little for exercise level. A 1000 calorie deficit (1600) is where I would be if I were you. A dietitian taught me that fast formula.
    Maybe you should change your dietitian.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    myketopal this aint.