Any bookworms out there?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bookworm here! I loved Oryx and Crake (and pretty much anything by Margaret Atwood). I tend to like thrillers I can escape into, read quickly and then forget (which is problematic when I'm back at the library and check out books that 3-pages in I realize I've read. The Atwood books are actually an exception to that because I love to linger over them. I also love speculative fiction, young adult dystopian... yeah, I like to escape :)

Happy to have other booky friends -
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I have 350 books in my apartment. I donate books to charity often but I always buy more. My job is across the street from a library and there is a great used bookstore two blocks away.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I need a good book. An recommendations? I need something like... dystopian, post-apocalyptic (Jericho, but book form?), zombie outbreak, alien invasion, sci-fi, anything like that. Summer is the time for these weird escapes for me. Open to young adult or regular adult.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The Gap Cycle has the apocalypse, aliens, space opera and political conspiracies. The first book is tough going though so you might want to go with the second. (The final scene of the series, though, involves a proton cannon, hull sealant, a singularity grenade (a grenade that detonates to form a black hole!) and aliens blowing themselves to pieces with their own gun.)

I love rereading the Foundation series in summer. That's more worldbuilding/logic-based sci-fi; if you're looking for the fun shoot-em-up space aliens type of book, almost anything by Douglas Adams or Robert Heinlein should scratch that itch.
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lucyloutoo wrote: »
    My kids make fun of me because my favorite type of book is usually "chick lit" with not much substance...but for me it is a great escape. When I get the muchies after dinner, going to bed with a good book helps tremendously!!

I have a slight weakness for Janet Evanovitch and get Stephanie Plum series.

Love her - I just finished Turbo Twenty-Three.

• BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you all get a "friending" from me, it's because of this thread. Don't be scared. :)
  • halfmill1
    halfmill1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I’m a book worm. Anyone who wants can feel free to add me.
  • ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." - one of my favourite lines from To Kill a Mockingbird

Happy to add fellow bookworms, I'm a big fan of anything in the fantasy genre.
    Currently reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green which is being less fascinating than expected.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    How have I not seen this thread? Oh yeah, I was reading...