Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Great day!
    jumping jacks....check!
    water....check!
    under calories.....check!

THANKS SKINNYs for keeping me motivated....and away from the snacks!
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    I think there's a problem with some teams not knowing who's on their team
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    JJs... check. Water... check. Under calories... check!

Great job today SKINNYs!! Keep that motivation going!
  • calition
    calition Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    JJs check, water check, under calorie goal but I haven't eaten dinner yet because I'm still waiting for the husband to come home. You would think with this weight loss that he would be running home to me these days..... plus I made salmon for dinner!!:grumble:
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks --- check - and who knew my front shoulders would ache now.
    Water --- check
    Calories --- check

We are off to a great start!
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Update,

Gary did some more clarifying on the points today....

Unfortunately we don't not get an individual point each day for our water/calorie intake. However, if we ALL drink our water and stay within our calories for the day, we do get 5 team points total for the week.

Bummer! That was an easy 120 points for the week :(,

NOW LETS GET RUNNING SKINNY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChristB
    ChristB Posts: 9
    Options
    Just did 2.09 miles on the elliptical during my lunch at work! That will be my "extra" mile today as I have my regular scheduled workout this evening!!
  • tagrady
    Options
    ChristB~ Thanks so much for the idea of doing the mile on the elliptical!!!! I've been scratching my head on how I was going to walk a mile, I don't have a pedomiter, so I'd essentially have to drive a mile away from my house & walk back or something silly like that!
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    - I ran my mile today and it took me 14miles. I am so tired. I am going to TRY TRY after my really busy day with work, eye appt and Mary Kay meeting tonight that I can walk another mile.

I am struggling with my eating today with just how fast today is going to prepare for supper. It might have to be a subway night tonight.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    - I ran my mile today and it took me 14miles. I am so tired. I am going to TRY TRY after my really busy day with work, eye appt and Mary Kay meeting tonight that I can walk another mile.

I am struggling with my eating today with just how fast today is going to prepare for supper. It might have to be a subway night tonight.

I literally walked around my apartment to get my mile. Haha
  • ChristB
    ChristB Posts: 9
    Options
    ChristB~ Thanks so much for the idea of doing the mile on the elliptical!!!! I've been scratching my head on how I was going to walk a mile, I don't have a pedomiter, so I'd essentially have to drive a mile away from my house & walk back or something silly like that!

Glad I could help!!! :) The elliptical is my new bff, I can do my cardio without the heavy impact and I love the option of increasing the resistance!
  • tagrady
    Options
    heeeeeeeeeeeeey Skinny's!

I just got a clarification on squat lunges ( i know someone asked me this on the last forum, but can't remember who :)

[link]www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcIXrvuwcok[/link]
  • szczepj
    Options
    Are we weighing in on Sunday mornings? This'll be fine with me after this week because I won't have to depend on the weekday Rec scale! Can't wait til the rec is open everyday for longer periods of time! :) And I won't be a 30 minute walk from it, just a 10 minute walk. Much better when it's morning and I'm barely awake.
  • watrmlon
    Options
    calories-check
    water-check
    I wasn't going to walk at all today but I did so I could get the mile in :)-check
  • szczepj
    Options
    Everything accomplished for the day :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    I missed one part of information I believe. I was supposed to get a challenge weight loss goal from each one of you. If everyone could check in with how many lbs you hope to loose this August, I'll add it to the header.

Sorry about that!

Tracy= 6.5 lbs (I hope to beat this actually but would rather be happy beating it than feel like I failed.)
  • szczepj
    Options
    I'm going to hope for 8 pounds. Let's hope! Haha.
  • watrmlon
    Options
    I'm hoping for 8 lbs
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    I made it through Cardio Day.....
    30min stationary bike & 30min elliptical (no running until my blister heals)
    AND took the dog for a 1 mile walk (Bentley thanks the Skinny's Aug. Challenge for his extra long walk today)

Also drank 8 glasses of water

and under projected calories enough to have a Yuengling Light , and call it a day.

Good Night Skinnys !

p.s. What do I want to loose in August???
    Well I'm 4lbs away from my goal but 5lbs would put me in the 120s so I guess I'll go for
    5lbs that would be fantastic
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    challenge... check. calories... check. water... check!

8 lbs is a great goal for me (secretly hoping for 10 or more.. not realistic!!)