Weight gain ‘fluctuations’ for me are not temporary

Options
13»

Replies

• AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi MegaMooseEsq - I hope you and your family are safe and doing well.
    phwdjones wrote: »
    Went out last night. Had 900+ calories spare for dinner. Ate some sourdough bread, 1 bottle of beer, 1 duck curry and some small shrimp. Woke up today and am 194 lbs. FOR *kitten* SAKE

The meal wasn't even that large!! So I probably hit 2700 cals - yet 4 lbs gain?!!??!

I went out last night, estimated 713 calories for dinner - split a plate of pork shoulder, polenta and a dinner roll with a glass of sangria. Went out afterward and had several hard ciders, bread and butter, and a small quesadilla. About 3k net. I’m also incredibly stressed over the fires in Northern California because of family members literally in the line of fire. So yeah, the scale was up a couple of pounds this morning. Figure out your maintenance calories and do some math to figure out about what’s fat and what’s water. I figure I gained about .2 lb fat and 1.2 water. So it goes.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Never saw anyone say water weight will be gone the next day. Most say a few days to 3 weeks!
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    phwdjones wrote: »
    Went out last night. Had 900+ calories spare for dinner. Ate some sourdough bread, 1 bottle of beer, 1 duck curry and some small shrimp. Woke up today and am 194 lbs. FOR *kitten* SAKE

The meal wasn't even that large!! So I probably hit 2700 cals - yet 4 lbs gain?!!??!

I went out last night, estimated 713 calories for dinner - split a plate of pork shoulder, polenta and a dinner roll with a glass of sangria. Went out afterward and had several hard ciders, bread and butter, and a small quesadilla. About 3k net. I’m also incredibly stressed over the fires in Northern California because of family members literally in the line of fire. So yeah, the scale was up a couple of pounds this morning. Figure out your maintenance calories and do some math to figure out about what’s fat and what’s water. I figure I gained about .2 lb fat and 1.2 water. So it goes.

How do you do the math for that?
  • Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose 2 pounds a week?