How often do you weight?

Options

Replies

• DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday now, but when I first started trying to lose weight I would only weigh in once a month in order not to lose motivation if I didn't lose as much weight as I had hoped.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    hardly ever... I rely on my clothes fitting (or not) to track my progress; when I do weigh myself it's usually after I have been sick, just to see if I have lost more than I thought...
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Through experience over the years, I have found that when I don't weigh every day I can go off track very easily. These days I do bulk and cut cycles and daily weighing is a must for me. It is the same with logging. Whenever I thinks I can just freewheel it by eyeballing and estimating my intake I always go off the rails. Weighing and logging daily is now second nature for me and only takes a couple of minutes out of my day.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I tried switching to once a week but then found myself saying "oh I don't have to weigh myself for 4 more days I can indulge more today and work it off before I weigh myself" and that became a slippery slope. I hold myself more accountable when I weigh everyday, just don't get frustrated by daily fluctuations, they are annoying but we all have them and they are normal.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    hardly ever... I rely on my clothes fitting (or not) to track my progress; when I do weigh myself it's usually after I have been sick, just to see if I have lost more than I thought...

Same, I weigh myself rarely and irregularly and prefer to go by the fit of my clothes.
    I'm losing my final ten pounds and it's a slow process, and I found my constant weight fluctuations disheartening to see. I weight in every few weeks to make sure I'm not going too far off track but I find that skinny jeans are my truest critic.
  • misshellybell
    misshellybell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Andrilla87 wrote: »
    How often do you weigh yourself? I have been doing it weekly, but I feel like I'm not making progress for the rest of the week. My weight has been fluctuating highly, but then staying the same. I "weight in" on Saturday. The one week my Saturday to Saturday weight stayed the same, but when I weighed myself on Wednesday I had lost about half a pound. (I guess that half a pound came back, probably water.) Would it be a good idea to weigh myself more frequently just to get a picture of how it fluctuates?

What do you do?

I probably do it 2-3 times a week. My goal is to do it once a week but I just can’t. I need to know that I’m heading in the right direction otherwise if I get to my weekly weigh in date and I’ve not lost anything I’m going to be annoyed that I’ve lost a whole week dieting lol.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh it depends.

usually once a week but sometimes every day, sometimes once a month. lol
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Every day for 3 weeks to gather cool data on Happy Scale. I have been in a self induced weight plateau for weeeeekkkkks. I want this process to pick up so I thought I would be real about numbers and watch the trend...and then decide to do something about it. Its a processsssssss
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    every morning and I log it into an app called my happy scale and it gives me charts, predictions, losing average, etc. Simple app.
  • DaemonPaws
    DaemonPaws Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use trendweight and a Fitbit Aria scale, so I weigh in every day to make sure my trend is most accurate!
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Weight Watchers and they preached about weighing once a week. The problem is, if I lose focus or drive during the week, I eat more. I'd do great the first half of the week, get bored and then lax. When I weighed myself that one day, I would be angry if I gained and unhappy if I lost because it was only a few ounces for the whole week! I find weighing myself every other day works great! If I lose, it gives me motivation to do more. If I gain, I know I have to be more diligent with food and exercise more.

Good luck!!
  • kumardoc
    kumardoc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Every day! Keeps me informed of what to avoid and want to eat. Also I'm slightly obsessive!
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh and log every morning before as soon as I get up from bed. I do it often enough that some times if I forget my 5 year old will remind me while he is getting ready for school. I do not worry too much about the day to day number but figure this way I can get an average every week of what my weight is.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    katsheare wrote: »
    I weigh daily. The numbers go up and down it makes a squiggly little chart on the Reports.

I genuinely love graphs

I may need to make a T-shirt that says that...

I have a t-shirt that says I <3 graphs :)
  • Lpaige89
    Lpaige89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    usually daily and then avg it for the week. I also take progress pics each week ,same day, same sports bra/bottoms, and first thing in the morning.. I find this a better gauge sometimes then scale weight
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was weighing myself every day but that felt slightly unhealthy and obsessive. Recently sprained my ankle so I haven't been able to weigh myself (plus aunt flow visited) and now I feel off my game. I've been pretty sedentary and feel terrible.... and I can't even see if I'm at least maintaining or not. Ughhhh.

But I digress. It's typically every other day.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    neilgib28 wrote: »
    Daily, same time everyday (just after I wake up) and trend in spreadsheet / Libra. Accept that your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis, more important to look at the trend over multiple weeks and adjust as necessary. Patience and consistency are your friend..... :D

and look for that new lowest weight number. If you don't weigh in daily, you may miss that!
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, and record it on libra to see trends. But, I'm a scientist and like charts and graphs with lots of data points.
  • Andrilla87
    Andrilla87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOAH!!! The majority of you said to weigh every day and I am very glad I did! Apparently my scale decided to go a little crazy this morning saying that I had lost 20 lbs over night. I wish...so I made sure it wasn't on the edge of the rug, re-calibrated it, and checked again. I actually had gained .2 lbs, which is much more reasonable. I checked it a few times afterwards, gave me the exact same reading, but I'm going to pay more attention from now on and probably check my weight twice each morning to make sure my scale isn't going crazy again.

Also, a few people mentioned "happy scale" where would I find that?