I like this model. She has arm muscles.

Options

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised they used her as a model, considering her "Crossfit" physique. Maybe this is a trend.. :+1:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    They are clearly targeting women who want to look like men with this ad.

Cannot tell if this is for real or sarcasm. :/
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I thought the sarcasm would be clear/obvious.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I can't see this becoming the norm but it is nice to see (agreed dress is dreadful).

I love that ASOS don't retouch their images beyond colour correcting garments and such. The models in bikinis keep their stretch marks.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see arms that aren't sticks. Not bashing skinny arms at all. Many women have thicker arms (fat, muscle, or both) and wonder what clothing would look like on someone with thicker arms. Kudos to Kohls!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It's nice to see arms that aren't sticks. Not bashing skinny arms at all. Many women have thicker arms (fat, muscle, or both) and wonder what clothing would look like on someone with thicker arms. Kudos to Kohls!

Sometimes I find out when I try them on - bet you and many others do, too.

I'm not super muscle-y, and not fat now, but surprisingly many tops/jackets I try on were clearly constructed for someone with waif-like arms. Seems especially common in active wear, bizarrely.

I find arm holes are the worst offenders. The sleeves themselves are only the problem sometimes. I'd blame my delts, but I really have small delts for a competitor.

Arm holes and tightness around the lats are my number 1 and 2 problems! The struggle is real man.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I was expecting to see someone with more definition. Yes she doesn't have stick arms and obviously works out but I wouldn't call her arms muscely
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Sometimes I find out when I try them on - bet you and many others do, too.

I'm not super muscle-y, and not fat now, but surprisingly many tops/jackets I try on were clearly constructed for someone with waif-like arms. Seems especially common in active wear, bizarrely.

I find arm holes are the worst offenders. The sleeves themselves are only the problem sometimes. I'd blame my delts, but I really have small delts for a competitor.

Yes! Any short sleeve with a band around the bottom of the sleeve. Automatically not going to work.

My shoulder/upper back growth has surprised me. Three summers ago I found a really cute dress that fit fine in the shoulders/back but was too snug in the stomach. I figured a few more pounds and all would be good so I bought it. Last summer I tried it on and it was perfect in the stomach but I could no longer zip it up all of the way because of my upper back/shoulder area. Hooray for recomp but boo to having no use for the dress.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of sleeves to be designed for pretty skinny arms... like something will be baggy everywhere else, but not the arms ... hopeless if you have a fairly slender torso but your arms have some muscle on them. I hate fitted sleeves anyway, I notice here in the Uk with a lot of nightwear, the sleeves are not that loose and for me, personally, loose is much better for sleeping comfort.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't get past how much I dislike that dress.

The model is lovely.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It really is a terrible dress.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm envious of her toned arms. It's funny because I have the opposite issue with sleeveless shirts. The arm holes are usually huge for my petite frame! I'd love to have bigger arms but it seems that no amount of shoulder, bicep, and tricep work can change it.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My nurse practitioner, who I usually see because it's easier to get into to see her than my doctor (I adore then both, so it's not a big deal who I see), has arms like that. She almost always wears sleeveless tops too, and I've always been envious. (But to lazy to do the work to get arms like that for myself)

The sad part is I had arms like that as a teenager. I didn't work out, like at all, but I guess my muscles were just well defined or I was just naturally shaped like that or something. I wore a sleeveless top to a friend's church function, where a lot of the other teenage girls were also wearing sleeveless tops. They had smooth skinny arms that were pretty shapeless. I felt gawky and overly large as it was because I was tall and just bigger than everyone else (I don't know if I was actually overweight, or just big for my age because of my height) and decided that their arms were attractive and mine were gross and ugly. *headdesk*

This was when I was 13. I didn't wear sleeveless tops again until last year when I was 37. Now my arm is just fat, but I don't care, sleeveless tops are comfortable and I'm losing the weight. Someday my arm is going to look like this again. I have a friend making me a weight program I can do with my physical limitations, and then look out world. :D