Is coke Zero healthy???

Options
Mahdi22
Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
Should I be drinking it to lose weight? Its zero calories and sugar which is good, right?

Replies

• Mahdi22
    Options
    I know it doesn't cause weight loss - my original statement has a typo.

• Mahdi22
    Options
    Should I drink it if I want to lose weight
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Mahdi22 wrote: »
    Should I drink it if I want to lose weight

You should be in a calorie deficit if you want to lose weight.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    If you are not a big fan of water, and keeping calories down is a struggle then yes it certainly can help you stay within your calorie goals and still have the satisfaction of drinking pop (not everyone likes the taste of diet drinks though).
    I drink it daily (although usually only one can)...its a nice reward for me after a hard workout.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've got a cup of Nescafe' decaf I've been looking at all afternoon. I don't even like Coke, but I'd have made a cup of Coke Zero disappear by now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you drink it anyway, or do you want to start drinking it because you're on a diet?

If the latter, i wouldn't start. The reason being is because of all the "I'm addicted to soda" threads that pop up here and on other forums. Once you get hooked, it seems it's near impossible to quit. An addiction or dependence on a substance/food/drink so that I have to have it everyday is something i try to avoid.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    gdzq8e2yokl3.jpeg

Drink up, but add this and you get cherry coke. Yum.

Was it you who posted this in another thread?

I tried it and it changed my life. BETTER than actual cherry coke.

:drinker:

OP, artificial sweeteners are some of the most studied ingredients in the food supply. Enjoy a diet soda every once and awhile, it's fine!